The Conte Thread

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Whichever players we bring in, let's hope they were personally asked for by Conte. No more "board" signings.

That hopefully means no more Batshuayi like signings. Lads getting signed up for a lot of money and are constantly on the bench because they're not signed by the manager.

Even though he won us the title...

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Whichever players we bring in, let's hope they were personally asked for by Conte. No more "board" signings.

I don't might Michael Emenalo signing players has long they are young players with great potential who are good enough to break into conte squad but when it comes to signing 1st team players conte should have full control of that 

Chelsea to offer Conte new deal and £200m war chest

Matt Law

May 14 2017 2:30 AM

Roman Abramovich is poised to make Antonio Conte the highest-paid manager in Chelsea's history and bankroll a £200m summer spend as reward for winning the Premier League title.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/chelsea/chelsea-to-offer-conte-new-deal-and-200m-war-chest-35712492.html

I wonder IF this £200 mill contains the money we already have for players sold and will undoubtedly will be selling more very soon?

On 5/12/2017 at 7:17 PM, BlueStorm1003 said:

Give him any signing he wants. This man could build a Blue empire for all I know.

The excitement just can't go down!!! I love him!!!

I have had far too many of those excitements, I am going to keep my expectation low. I still remember, when Mourinho returned and won the title I thought he was going to stay here for a long time to come. Things changed rapidly in a short period of time. I just hope we as fans and as the  club show little more patience now; give him everything he asks for in the summer.

On 13/05/2017 at 1:01 AM, Dahnald said:

If the club does not back him and he leaves us like he left Juventus we can all give up on our board with their endless quest of finding the right manager to create a legacy. 

I love the guy like we all do, but i worry...................

Chances are we're gonna beat Arse and do the double, then what....

look what happened to Carlo Ancelotti did the double then they sacked him.

Roberto Di Matteo won the Champions Cup they sacked him

Mourinho won the league and league cup double they sacked him........mind you i for one was pleased about that.

I really don't know what goes through Roman's or the boards head's at those times.

Seems to me the more successful the manager the more likely he is get the sack:(

Anyway the king is dead long live King Antonio...........forever

Oh and there's no way is  King Toni is going to leave, he loves it here he'll never jump, they are going to have to push him, and are they really that stupid??????

hes1ofus

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I wonder IF this £200 mill contains the money we already have for players sold and will undoubtedly will be selling more very soon?

Most are loanees need to be sold this summer there's alot of them are just not good enough 

4 hours ago, AChes1ofus said:

I love the guy like we all do, but i worry...................

Chances are we're gonna beat Arse and do the double, then what....

look what happened to Carlo Ancelotti did the double then they sacked him.

Roberto Di Matteo won the Champions Cup they sacked him

Mourinho won the league and league cup double they sacked him........mind you i for one was pleased about that.

I really don't know what goes through Roman's or the boards head's at those times.

Seems to me the more successful the manager the more likely he is get the sack:(

Anyway the king is dead long live King Antonio...........forever

Oh and there's no way is  King Toni is going to leave, he loves it here he'll never jump, they are going to have to push him, and are they really that stupid??????

hes1ofus

All those times won I was never convinced by any of them. Only Mourinho Mark 1 was wrongly sacked, but since then no one filled me with confidence as Mourinho Mark 1 or Conte. 

The difference now is that Conte is everything Roman was looking for. As great Mourinho was backed then his antics was not the best. 

Conte is a man of the people, is charismatic, behaves in front of the camera and doesn't park the bus all the time. I think Conte team can be more entertaining. All this brings a much better image then what we had before, and that's always positive. 

That being said, as long as Conte don't bring us close to relegation like Mourinho did he should be good. As we learned one season out of the CL is not the end of the world. 

Yes only mou ver 1 and Ance are somewhat wrongly, hasty sacked. If you read Ance book, he mentioned that Boss didn't like him cause he was too quiet, Boss want a more fiery manager. Well, he certainly got his wish now :D

And good news

Inter milan is clueless

inter milan should be served as an example of how NOT to manage a club. They has no long term plan, back up plan whatsoever. They don't know what they want, how they want it, no vision, nothing. Lolz 

Next season should be very interesting for Conte. His record in Europe is really poor, especially in his last season. With the addition of Tevez,  I expected Juve to be great but I think they either lose in 1st knock out or didn't even qualify from their group. 

It is also interesting to see whether this 343 can work against other team in Europe. 

7 hours ago, El P. said:

Mourinho in 2015 was rightfully sacked and board waited REALLY long time to take that decision, even when we were 15th on table. Di Matteo too, I would say. Di Matteo is club legend, but not that good manager I think.

Mourinho sacking in 2007-08 was wrong decision, and Ancelotti could've been given one more year, he really had rusty squad in 2010-2011.

AVB, Scolari, Grant and Benitez all needed to go, sooner or later.

So, all things considered, I don't think we should worry about Antonio getting fired so much.

Exactly, Roman's alleged impatience is wildly over exaggerated.