The Conte Thread

9 minutes ago, Diceflix said:

Do you fancy him to join us in the summer? cause I do...:wub:

i wouldnt mind to be honest, all this talk about Sanchez, but we will have to pay silly money for him to leave Arsenal, and Mahrez has proven he´s got what it takes to play at the highest level as seen by his performances for Leicester these last 2 seasons, he works his socks off. Cheers

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I found this quote from I think Gary Neville. 

"You can win all the cups you want, but there's nothing like winning the Premier League title. It has to be a priority."

But to me is the truth. Winning the FA Cup, Captial One are great.

CL is amazing in itself, but the bread and butter should always be PL. 

Is true that Conte did not do good in the CL with Juventus, and if that turns out to be the same with us I would not care as much just as long we continue to do well in the PL. 

I mean look at SAF, he made his mark on winning PL, did not won as much CL. CL are very hard to win year to year. 

We will try to win the CL in the coming season but if we continue to do well in the PL then that is all that matters to me. 

Brian Clough once said that if you can guarantee him the league title he would accept first round elimination in every cup.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/13/chelsea-antonio-conte-highest-paid-manager-ward-off-internazionale

Conte set to be rewarded with new contract and will have £200m to spend this summer.

If the club actually do this and allow Conte to spend on the level of the two Manchester's we'll win the league again.

10 hours ago, Leif said:

Imagine beating Arsenal, never switching to 3 at the back and Tottenham winning the league.

Arsenal stopped their closest rivals AND beat their other rival. What a season for them :D

I've thought about that as well, more in terms of our relationship with Arsenal.

Last season, our worst in ages.  Still do the double over Arsenal.

This season, Arsenal beat us and it spurs us on to change it all up and go on and win the league.

I hope Arsenal finish fourth and Arsene stays.  Would be as huge as any summer signing short of Messi :P

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If the club actually do this and allow Conte to spend on the level of the two Manchester's we'll win the league again.

I don't think we're going to be big spenders.  I think the Oscar money just filled the hole that no CL football left.

I think we're focused on the new stadium, like Arsenal were.

I may be wrong, but I think that's where we are.  We'll see.

Even if we do spend big, I think that it will still pale in comparison to the 2 Manchester clubs.

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I don't think we're going to be big spenders.  I think the Oscar money just filled the hole that no CL football left.

I think we're focused on the new stadium, like Arsenal were.

Nah. We have the money to spend. It's just a matter whether the board want to spend it. I don't think the lack of UCL football was a big loss and don't forget, we're getting 150m because of the new TV deal and there's the new kit deal with Nike.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Nah. We have the money to spend. It's just a matter whether the board want to spend it. I don't think the lack of UCL football was a big loss and don't forget, we're getting 150m because of the new TV deal and there's the new kit deal with Nike.

Not to mention, despite the 2015 fuck up we still would have broke the world record if Pogba wanted to come here plus we would have spent an obscene amount on Stones if Everton played ball, not to mention the huge bid for Koulibaly which De Laurentis comfirmed was made.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not to mention, despite the 2015 fuck up we still would have broke the world record if Pogba wanted to come here plus we would have spent an obscene amount on Stones if Everton played ball, not to mention the huge bid for Koulibaly which De Laurentis comfirmed was made.

Fans and Conte deserve better than could have, would have, should have.

1 minute ago, 11Drogba said:

Fans and Conte deserve better than could have, would have, should have.

Not saying otherwise, but the point is the money and ambition is there.

Just now, Tomo said:

Not saying otherwise, but the point is the money and ambition is there.

Everyone is ambitious, in the end you either get the job done or keep finding excuses for the failures.

8 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Everyone is ambitious, in the end you either get the job done or keep finding excuses for the failures.

Not everyone, look at Fenway sport group at Liverpool for example, imagine these boards last summer had we signed Ragnar Klavan? :lol: