The Conte Thread

Many congrats to Conte, and also for winning the LMA Manager of the year, very well deserved, an outstanding 1st season in England, steadied Chelsea after our turbulent 15/16 season, turned things around in an instant after 2 straight losses to Liverpool and Arsenal, saw what was wrong and he fixed it, changed the system and we never looked back since, this man has a lot of passion, fire, desire, ruthlessness, always driving the team forward, always looking to improve to reach perfection and success, he´s just class, a true gentleman on and off the pitch, really amazing what a year does for a team , for me he´s an unanimous winner of this award. Lets hope we can make it a double with the FA Cup, it would be the cherry on top of a great season. Cheers and KTBFFH ;)

DAdjqfMXYAEKPDt.jpg

On 5/21/2017 at 10:17 PM, Clockwork said:

This is false, you are equating mediocrity for hard/tough. The biggest difference between PL and other major leagues, is that they all have elite sides that are dominant. If any of Juve, Bayern, Barca, and Madrid were in the PL they would also convincingly win the league on a consistent basis. In comparison no team in this league is great, just good and sometime not even that. Look at our side that won the league two years and finished 10th last season. Or an average side like Leicester City won the league and finished 12th the next season. This is not examples of tough competition, it is examples of mediocrity. 

Image result for rap battle meme

The truth, it hurts.

Instead of calling the EPL the "most competitive league in the world", we should call it the "most entertaining". It's competitive because there are no elite teams; everyone can be beat each other. Leicester City were the best performing English team in the Champions League. Leicester fucking City. 

8 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Image result for rap battle meme

The truth, it hurts.

Instead of calling the EPL the "most competitive league in the world", we should call it the "most entertaining". It's competitive because there are no elite teams; everyone can be beat each other. Leicester City were the best performing English team in the Champions League. Leicester fucking City. 

It can be competitive and entertaining at the same time. In fact competition breeds entertainment, this is why leagues like in Spain, France, Italy are boring. A competitive league can consist of great teams and shit teams, doesn't matter, lack of quality doesn't exclude nor include competitiveness - both are separate things that can coexist. How people can suggest that EPL isn't the most competitive among elite leagues is beyond me, what is it then? We start each season with 6 title hopefuls, what other elite league has that? Yes it is full of mediocre teams that can beat each other and as such the league winner isn't pre-decided before the season starts, isn't that like the definition of tough competition?

Yellow journalism on Twitter saying the board isn't pushing for Conte's transfer targets.

Even though our season officially ends after the FA Cup final this weekend....

Very, very certain our board give Conte a big, fat, new contract with a huge pay rise and a big chest of fresh dough for them transfers.

3 hours ago, Dahnald said:

Yellow journalism on Twitter saying the board isn't pushing for Conte's transfer targets.

Even though our season officially ends after the FA Cup final this weekend....

Very, very certain our board give Conte a big, fat, new contract with a huge pay rise and a big chest of fresh dough for them transfers.

Would it really surprise anyone???

It happened before.

11 hours ago, manpe said:

It can be competitive and entertaining at the same time. In fact competition breeds entertainment, this is why leagues like in Spain, France, Italy are boring. A competitive league can consist of great teams and shit teams, doesn't matter, lack of quality doesn't exclude nor include competitiveness - both are separate things that can coexist. How people can suggest that EPL isn't the most competitive among elite leagues is beyond me, what is it then? We start each season with 6 title hopefuls, what other elite league has that? Yes it is full of mediocre teams that can beat each other and as such the league winner isn't pre-decided before the season starts, isn't that like the definition of tough competition?

Competitive in Europe

11 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Competitive in Europe

No, the original point by @Clockwork and the post you quoted was about the league. If you are changing the subject to Champions League, then that's a whole different story and has nothing to do with what I said.

20 hours ago, manpe said:

No, the original point by @Clockwork and the post you quoted was about the league. If you are changing the subject to Champions League, then that's a whole different story and has nothing to do with what I said.

I know what his original point was. I quoted him as a means to make MY statement that not only is the English league average domestically, it's not competitive in Europe. 

You decided to jump in and make assumptions. 

2 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

I know what his original point was. I quoted him as a means to make MY statement that not only is the English league average domestically, it's not competitive in Europe. 

You decided to jump in and make assumptions. 

Yes, not competitive in Europe, I agree. What assumptions? You quoted Clockwork and I quoted you, I was replying to both of you, not only you, so no assumptions. Even if I missed your point, it was still relevant to what Clockwork said and you seemed to agree with him with that picture and saying "the truth, it hurts", hence why I quoted you as somebody who agreed with him.

Antonio Conte's new deal has been reached in principle on a 5 year contract. Annual salary will be €11m (via @DavidAmoyal/@DiMarzio) #CFC

There's also a clause that would force the club to pay Conte a €20m penalty should he be sacked. (via @DavidAmoyal/@DiMarzio) #CFC

Conte: "For sure if the club give me the possibility to extend my contract, I'm available to do this. I hope to stay here many years" #CFC

Conte: "The best solution for a coach to stay at a club for a long time and build something important." #CFC