test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

The Mourinho Thread

Started by Fulham Broadway,

One thing he lost is pulling rabbit out of hat.

In past, he could win against any team with very surprising setup, he become a little bit too conservative and predictive.

And i realy dislike we go down for everything; ivanovic, willian, oscar, etc...and constant complains about refs. As if anything will be changed after his rants.

Eat the defeat, study it and next time perform to that level that even refs cant take win away from you.

If it was as easy as you described then you would be manager of Chelsea.

His rants actually harmed us as stats show, lost A LOT OF PENS this season because no ref wants to be seen as 'weak', 'Jose's bitch'...etc by people so in a doubt situation they immediately choose the ignore option.

Hope he stops doing it from now on even if a decision is against us, oh and maybe he should stop instructing players to fall so dramatically then maybe we can get on the FA's good book again. Every single time Costa/Ivan/Fab...etc been tripped in the box they go down as if they just encountered a career ending tackle with arm out wide and mouth open, look at Hazard against Liveprool in CO Cup earlier this season, naturally fall and we get our pen.

Muzchap and zolayes like this

One thing he lost is pulling rabbit out of hat.

In past, he could win against any team with very surprising setup, he become a little bit too conservative and predictive.

And i realy dislike we go down for everything; ivanovic, willian, oscar, etc...and constant complains about refs. As if anything will be changed after his rants.

Eat the defeat, study it and next time perform to that level that even refs cant take win away from you.

Was just thinking back to that time in 2010, when we played Inter at the bridge. Expected them to sit back and defend their lead, but he played 4-3-3 and it was wave after wave of counter-attacking football. Really put us on the back foot

Muzchap likes this

He needs a big trophy to relax - the EPL will (I'm praying) be that trophy.

I really do expect to see a different team next year

thats what im also thinking. 3 years is a long trophy drought for him(CC isnt a big one).Jose is playing really safe this time.

Last year we were so much better agaist big teams, but this time we were really poor in terms of performance. hope to see better performace with good result next year.

Muzchap likes this

Wouldn't an EPL+Carling Cup trophy only reinforce his ultra conservative and reactive approach more? I mean trophies/reward reinforces what we believe, and it makes our beliefs stronger. At the end of the season Mou will look at this season as very succesful, he won two trophies. So he will continue to do what he has been doing.

I hope i am wrong though.

If we secure the league, the Champions League will be the next target.

What he'll realize is it doesn't work in the Champions League anymore. He hasn't won it since 2010 with inter.

Pressing and quick tempo and high intensity play is the new style and we need that to win champions League.

RoyalBlues, nachikethas and Muzchap like this

Wouldn't an EPL+Carling Cup trophy only reinforce his ultra conservative and reactive approach more? I mean trophies/reward reinforces what we believe, and it makes our beliefs stronger. At the end of the season Mou will look at this season as very succesful, he won two trophies. So he will continue to do what he has been doing.

I think you are right and hope we are both wrong

Joker10 and Muzchap like this

It would certainly reinforce my ultra strong belief in Jose Mourinho. I wish more people could see it my way, we'd be a happier camp, but viewpoints are what they are.

killer1257 and Barbara like this

Sorry, but even Mourinho knows that winning the PL these days is nothing special. It won't reinforce his believes. Only winning CL will. That , and only that will make him fill special again. And rant about refs a bit less.

It will take something drastic like an abramovich intervention, giving him a mandate to play the sort of football that is befitting a team of our status and resources. And even then, im honestly not sure jose is capable of it. Some People fail to realise that any idiot can play/coach disjointed,poorly rehearsed, lacklustre gungho football but only select few managers are actually capable of coaching well cordinated, precise,creative attacking football consistently and then have the conviction to stick to it and perfect it.

Even if jose wins the champions league and is given a mandate to change his approach, im not so sure he's capable of going toe to toe with the big teams in the big games playing high quality attacking football

And even if by surprise, he's able to deliver such football, the moment it goes wrong or appears to not be going according to plan his natural instinct will kick in and he will revert to his comfort zone anyway. Either way, the sort of football people are demanding isn't going to happen under jose.

zolayes and Blue Colored Sky like this

With all due respect, but this is a bunch of crap. The PL will not be important to you but it is for me and for many people, and was the priority this season. We have five years without to win it and that's way too long.

No, what laura meant was the premier league is the worst it's ever been, quality wise and winning it is a case of being the best of a bad bunch which diminishes it's value somewhat. A point of view I tend to agree with.

Beigl and Amblève. like this