The Mourinho Thread

Like kdb?

The short answer is that I think the club were right to accept Wolfsburg's offer for Kevin. The long answer is: -

I doubt there are many, if any, bigger KDB fans around here than me. I watched him play half a dozen times for Genk after we signed him and liked what I saw. Loved the way that it was all about the pass with him. He has other strings to his bow, such as the better-than-Beckham crosses he was delivering, but his game was constructed around power running to win space/time then exploiting it to play an effective and threatening pass. I especially loved the way he would spot decisive passes in situations where many CFC players would just lash boringly, frustratingly, wastefully at goal.

I did take note however of comments from KRC fans that those five months were his best ever and that he had never looked so consistently good before. Nothing unusual there I thought; just what you'd expect from a young player with a developing career. I became a big fan. So big a fan indeed, that I then watched him play twenty plus times for Bremen (no exaggeration) as well as in every single appearance for Belgium between the time he joined and the time he left. What did I learn from all that coverage? Some positive things, particularly from the internationals, but overall I wasn't that happy with what I saw.

I know KDB received rave reviews for his time with Werder but in the games I watched, there were more performances which disappointed me than there were which encouraged me. Many times I felt sure he would be dropped but he never was. The general reaction to his German loan seemed to me to be filtered through honeymoon eyes. Kevin got full credit for everything he did well, but escaped criticism for the many things he did not do well. By the time he came back for the first pre-season of JM II, I was cautioning people to tone down their expectations.

Kevin started two of our first three games but clearly failed to show Jose enough to earn further chances. Around the same time he played in a World Cup qualifier against Wales in which he gave up tracking Aaron Ramsey halfway through a run. Ramsey continued into the box, collected the ball and scored. That would never have happened if KDB had stayed with him. I remember thinking, "I hope Jose didn't see that, he won't be happy." It was all downhill for Kevin after that as far as Jose was concerned and I can't say I'm surprised.

I still believe that there's a great player in there somewhere but to get time to develop your career here, you have to show enough on game day, or in training, to encourage the coach to believe that it's worth giving you extra chances. Zouma is doing that and his star is rising at Stamford Bridge but Kevin did not. I hope his star will rise somewhere else.

Here are some examples of the kind of stuff Kevin was doing when I fell in love with his game. Sadly this is not the player I watched at Bremen.

Our home support is shit. I would be angry like Mourinho,too if I had experienced the loud Tifosi of Inter and then I come to London and I only hear the thousands of grannys at the stands coughing and some tourists taking some pictures. Chelsea fans at home are pure S-H-I-T.

Go to Stamford Bridge and create some atmosphere then

Go to Stamford Bridge and create some atmosphere then

If you were able to read properly, you would have read what happened when I tried. Oh dear God, why didn't you divide intelligence equally to every human?

If you were able to read properly, you would have read what happened when I tried. Oh dear God, why didn't you divide intelligence equally to every human?

I did read it. You either sat with a family that had kids or sat in the East Stand (which isn't good in terms of atmosphere)

We've been massive bottlers since he returned. Starting from that Super Cup game against Bayern.

Going out is probably the best thing for us in hindsight. Our fringe players lack any match rhythm whatsoever and the starting XI are clearly knackered.

The Magic of the FA Cup!

Can't be too bum about the results as this tend to happen in this great cup.

But as mention before Mourinho supposed "mind" games are getting ridicules.

Mourinho needs to stop criticizing our fan and all that shenanigans, just do his work in quiet.....is that even possible with him?