Fernando Torres

These goals were important. I said it a few pages earlier in this thread, but Torres is incredibly vital to success in the run-in. We basically have games every 3 days til May, so if we can get him firing, it'll be very helpful.

After seeing Torres looking confident and banging the goals in again, maybe this will give us some hope.

If we get past Benfica, he has a magnificent record against.....

I also saw another vid that showed Nando scoring loads of penalties, he's actually a great penalty taker. Wonder why he don't take em any more? Strange.

Happy for him, for months now he's had 'near' perfect games where he does everything except from scoring, but today he finally did it all.

Just have to hope he has no intention of stopping, we need him in this run of games, 'cos Drogba can't start every game every 3 days.

I think rotation makes more sense than pairing them up....even if Daniel is the villain of the moment, he can still contribute to the team with his explosive pace.

I think rotation makes more sense than pairing them up....even if Daniel is the villain of the moment, he can still contribute to the team with his explosive pace.

Disagree w/ the bit about Danny Boy Stud. I would love to see him enter late in a match vs. tired legs. His pace could really open a pitch up & setup some Blue Goals ;)

Disagree w/ the bit about Danny Boy Stud. I would love to see him enter late in a match vs. tired legs. His pace could really open a pitch up & setup some Blue Goals ;)

like wenger used to due with walcott before be became a starter..was a super sub on tired legs getting behind defenders

Come on guys, the first goal came from an awful shoot, and the second one was a poor header that somehow the keeper let in.

The fact some of you are happy that a 50m striker scored in FA Cup game against Leicester is laughable. Kalou also scored today.

Only way to start him in the big matches until the end of the season is using him as a right wing, replacing Sturridge.

He looked revived yesterday but then again look at the opposition. I don't think he should start against City because i would like to see Sturridge isolated against Clichy like he was against Enrique and Evra which lead to goals. Torres can come on for Drogba late in the game !

He looked revived yesterday but then again look at the opposition. I don't think he should start against City because i would like to see Sturridge isolated against Clichy like he was against Enrique and Evra which lead to goals. Torres can come on for Drogba late in the game !

True, whatever people say about Sturridge, he can still make an impact for the team with just a few explosive runs...

But, I suspect the City defense will be watching him more guardedly in this match, after what happened in the reverse fixture.

I would take Torres as a STARTER over Sturridge any day. Torres works his :rant: off and is always doing the best for the team. I respect Daniel for his ability to look a player in the eyes and say "i'm going to beat you" but he's also extremely selfish, so selfish that he makes others around him not want to make the next run forward into the box.

I've been really happy with how Torres has been playing and producing opportunities lately; his attitude has been the most consistent of any striker we have.