Fernando Torres

Mate, i don't know how me saying Kalou shouldn't be anywhere near the team means i love him, i defend Kalou sometimes when he gets (over the top) bashing and i would if Torres got the same but he doesn't, he gets over the top praise.

I don't think neither are anywhere near good enough for the first team of a club looking to win league's but both put effort in which i guess.

I guess the difference for some people is that Torres is really out of form and I believe Di matteo came out and spoke about it being a mental issue recently (make of that what you will) We also know Torres has the ability. Kalou on the other hand is on his usual form and is still a dummy. That and the fact that a Kalou on top form will never touch a Torres on top form.

I'm happy to praise either if they play well.

Whilst Torres isn't scoring he has had quite a few really good games where he has undoubtedly helped the team. He is also responsible for quite a few important assists. At the end of the day I want to the team to do well and score goals, and I'm not bothered who scores them be it forwards, mids or defenders or which of the aforementioned assists them.

With that said, I don't think we should get rid of him, purely because I just don't believe a player of his ability can just lose that. Anyway, my opinions aside, he's more than likely out the door in the summer.

Usually when Torres attempts a dribble, it either bounces off him and rolls away or he runs into the defender and loses the ball. He attempted quite a few dribbles against Napoli and most of them were successful.

It was a positive performance from him, but he has to keep this up.

What i don't understand is why does Torres get away with shit performances because he puts effort in but not Kalou?

For the record i don't think either are any good and with a full squad neither should be any where near the team. But some double standards i have seen with Torres in this last year has been astonishing.

What i don't understand is why does Torres get away with shit performances because he puts effort in but not Kalou?

For the record i don't think either are any good and with a full squad neither should be any where near the team. But some double standards i have seen with Torres in this last year has been astonishing.

WHAT A POINT !!!! LOL HAHAHAHA

You generally defend Kalou by having a little dig at Torres & you have been fighting Kalou's corner for sometime. Maybe a few go over the top but most are just stating what they saw from him last night & most performances with an honest opinion. The difference between the 2 players is that Torres was arguably the best in the world in his position once upon a time & Kalou is/has been average at best, Kalou only really gets stick from his own, Torres has the world & his brother on his back.

Funny thing is I actually think Kalou has talent but doesn't produce it on a consistent basis - if he did then I think he could be considered for a place in the side & I've always said I would of bought Sniejder or Aguero to the club & not Torres so just to put in the picture that I'm not a blinkered Torres fan - he has so much work to do before he gets anywhere near his best, most of which are in his head. To win the league you also have to get service to your strikers which is why Drogba & Torres have a pitiful return this season.

It's just like i said i often crtisise Torres when he gets praise he quite frankly hasn't done enough to merit, i defend Kalou when people call him things like a useless conference player which isn't enterilly (spelling) fair, if people started calling Kalou world class and on par with Arjen Robben then in the same way ill (in the politiest possible way) say that he is not that great :)

I just hate it when he argues with the referee over every tackle that brings him down.
it because referee always give the defender the benefit of doubt. which it is infuriating because our defenders don't get the benefit of doubt instead. its more like the referee is bias aganist torres and seems to think that torres is so strong that he can't be fouled.