Fernando Torres

Drogba qualified us to this stage of the CL being the best player on the field in the match against Napoli and Valencia - yet somehow he doesn't deserve to start. I know that there is only one option for our big games and that is Drogba. Good to see Torres improving his form, it would be nice if he keeps this up so we can make at least half of what we paid when we sell him in the summer.

Agree on Drogba but recent performances from Torres have however been good enough for him to start too and seeing as he's not the one scoring those important goals then maybe he should be seriously considered for a role on the wings, at least for now. His crossing and passing abilities are among the best in Chelsea's squad at the moment and he spends most of his time on either left or right wing anyways so why not play him there and give Drogba his much-deserved place as the striker?

I don't believe either deserve to be our striker based on form, but for big games I'd definetly play Drogba - playing a guy afraid to score as our main CF is simply pitiful and playing Torres on the wing won't happen unless both underperforming players are on the field at the same time - which does not work. Torres did play well but lets not kid ourselves Benfica was also a pretty poor team this game but still created plenty of chances.

Drogba qualified us to this stage of the CL being the best player on the field in the match against Napoli and Valencia - yet somehow he doesn't deserve to start. I know that there is only one option for our big games and that is Drogba. Good to see Torres improving his form, it would be nice if he keeps this up so we can make at least half of what we paid when we sell him in the summer.

Lol why would we sell him if he continues playing well? That would be just as stupid as Madrid deciding to sell Kaka now.

Anyway let's wait until the end of the season to make final conclusions on him.

You are right about Drogba though, but the problem is the vast majority of the time, he doesn't even play with upto half of the passion and commitment he displayed against Napoli and Valencia.

Lol why would we sell him if he continues playing well? That would be just as stupid as Madrid deciding to sell Kaka now.

Because we will inevitably play someone who scores in the CF position and have a 50 million pound striker making 150k p/w either on the bench or the wing. There is no future at the club for a forward that doesn't seem to know how to score. We have sold at monetery lose players that have performed far better than Torres. The longer we keep him the smaller chance there is to sell him - the lower the value there would be. Torres is lacking particular physical traits which made him a great striker at Liverpool and I don't believe in building a team around a 28 year old player whos game was based on accelaration and running within channels. It's far more than a psycological block as our management has hinted, it's a missing yard of pace and a slighly slower accelaration which doesn't allow Torres to get as many chances as he did at Liverpool - rather than excuses about system or speed at which we play.

Also you have to remember that Torres at Chelsea FC is virtually an injury free player - but he has had a history of pretty serious injuries making him miss a few months of each season before he joined us. You never know what might happen down the line but with a player who's game was build on speed and accelaration the next major injury will leave him in a conditition similar to Michael Owen - and unlike Mickey he ain't English so there would NO resell value.

Oh well if it's wrong then it's stupid but if it's right, Torres wins in an overall sense, Balotelli wins as the striker. Football is a team game tho and i bet Torres has more assists and contribution that lots of wingers.

Oh well if it's wrong then it's stupid but if it's right, Torres wins in an overall sense, Balotelli wins as the striker. Football is a team game tho and i bet Torres has more assists and contribution that lots of wingers.

Just checked the stats, its wrong. Suarez has 12 goals and 10 assists, Balotelli has 15 goals and 1 assist, Torres has 6 goals and 13 assists, and Dzeko has 18 goals and 8 assists.

Anybody is welcome to check here:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/edin-dzeko/profil/spieler_28396.html

So why not just play ...

Mata - Drogba - Torres

No?

Well Dzeko's stats are very good then even tho i genuinely think he's a very average player. He's often in the right place tho and he's a pretty good finisher. He'll leave City i think in the summer.

So why not just play ...

Mata - Drogba - Torres

No?

Well Dzeko's stats are very good then even tho i genuinely think he's a very average player. He's often in the right place tho and he's a pretty good finisher. He'll leave City i think in the summer.

Dont want this going off topic but Mancini has not utilized him properly and has essentially killed his confidence. It would have been much better on a team like United for example that uses wingers and would have allowed him to play more.

Mancini benched him after his 4 goal masterpiece against Spurs. Idiot.