Fernando Torres

I was so proud of his work ethic yesterday. I agree with FrancoZola though, he didn't react to the result and he kind of just walked away like he was a Napoli player. I think its the fact that Drogba is 34 years old and he's still out competing him for a starting role, please do remember he was the best finisher in the world once upon a time and it can't be easy watching Didier still playing like a world beater at his age. People say things like '' well its a team game he should be happy for Didier'' sadly life does not work like that especially for strikers who compete on productivity.

I was so proud of his work ethic yesterday. I agree with FrancoZola though, he didn't react to the result and he kind of just walked away like he was a Napoli player. I think its the fact that Drogba is 34 years old and he's still out competing him for a starting role, please do remember he was the best finisher in the world once upon a time and it can't be easy watching Didier still playing like a world beater at his age. People say things like '' well its a team game he should be happy for Didier'' sadly life does not work like that especially for strikers who compete on productivity.

Spot on , though he could have at least smiled. i loved the way RDM just barged into him. Though Torres was bright when he came on and looked up for it. if he has scored he would of been a hero i think if he had hit it first time he would of scored instead of taking an extra touch...

This picture seems to sum up Torres' Chelsea journey so far

610x.jpg

Kinda pleased for the team but at the same time very unhappy for himself

... if he had hit it first time he would of scored instead of taking an extra touch...

Thats going to be his Stamford Bridge epitaph. At least he wasnt getting dogs abuse like he was at Brum and WBA, people were actually cheering his work ethic last night. Can do his confidence no harm...

When have our fans ever been un-supportive of Torres? I mean whenever I've gone to matches he gets more support than most other players that out perform him or have done far more for the club than him

Everything is possible, but my faith in him is really low at the moment and he has brought it there.

One thing that is positive now though, is that if the whole team starts playing well and gets a run of good games, things will be much easier for Torres. Score a few tap ins here and there and try to improve on that. Small piece of magic after that somewhere and he could do well.

It's essential for him not to give up at all and keep believing in himself.

What i don't understand is why does Torres get away with shit performances because he puts effort in but not Kalou?

For the record i don't think either are any good and with a full squad neither should be any where near the team. But some double standards i have seen with Torres in this last year has been astonishing.

Don't know why you always have to bring up Kalou, and Torres never gets away with shit performances.

They're always people that criticize when he doesn't play well, and he's given credit when he does. End of story.

Don't know why you always have to bring up Kalou, and Torres never gets away with shit performances.

Even when he is doing shit he gets the most support, in the Sunderland match i went too when Torres messed up and miscontrolled the crowd applauded and were like unlucky, Malouda did something identical 2 minutes later and the crowd cursed and called him every name under the sun.

What i don't understand is why does Torres get away with shit performances because he puts effort in but not Kalou?

For the record i don't think either are any good and with a full squad neither should be any where near the team. But some double standards i have seen with Torres in this last year has been astonishing.

You're like a broken record, shut up.

You're like a broken record, shut up.

You're right, Torres cost £50m (not to mention £52m in wages) so i should put up with his dire performances and moan when we score because its a geniune club legend that scored and not Torres, sorry ill get with the programme for the Leicester match.

Even when he is doing shit he gets the most support, in the Sunderland match i went too when Torres messed up and miscontrolled the crowd applauded and were like unlucky, Malouda did something identical 2 minutes later and the crowd cursed and called him every name under the sun.

Pretty sure many of them just feel sorry for our struggling record buy.

Liverpool fans do the same with Carroll, all in hope they can come good.

Tomo is right. When Torres does a decent work rate, people are like "it doesn't matter if he has missed the goal because he works hard etc.." but when it comes to Kalou, the hard work becomes insignificant. Just as when Torres kicks the ball out off the Bridge, people are saying he is unlucky while when Malouda or Bosingwa do it people insult them.

I have consistently supported ANY player who gives 100% . This does not mean I dont think they should not be replaced. BUT they should

not be abused as too often they are on here.

You have been responsible for some great posts & threads on here but your love for Kalou is clearly your weakness. Now I don't rate Kalou, Mikel, Bosingwa or Maloulda but if they have a good game which ain't very often I will give them the credit they deserve & its no different with Torres - why can't fans praise him when he has put in a shift?

I think you are being a tad hypocritical as you are quick to make your point about the hard done by Kalou instead of giving Torres some credit, isn't this double standards also?

You have been responsible for some great posts & threads on here but your love for Kalou is clearly your weakness. Now I don't rate Kalou, Mikel, Bosingwa or Maloulda but if they have a good game which ain't very often I will give them the credit they deserve & its no different with Torres - why can't fans praise him when he has put in a shift?

I think you are being a tad hypocritical as you are quick to make your point about the hard done by Kalou instead of giving Torres some credit, isn't this double standards also?

Mate, i don't know how me saying Kalou shouldn't be anywhere near the team means i love him, i defend Kalou sometimes when he gets (over the top) bashing and i would if Torres got the same but he doesn't, he gets over the top praise.

I don't think neither are anywhere near good enough for the first team of a club looking to win league's but both put effort in which i guess.

Mate, i don't know how me saying Kalou shouldn't be anywhere near the team means i love him, i defend Kalou sometimes when he gets (over the top) bashing and i would if Torres got the same but he doesn't, he gets over the top praise.

I don't think neither are anywhere near good enough for the first team of a club looking to win league's but both put effort in which i guess.

You generally defend Kalou by having a little dig at Torres & you have been fighting Kalou's corner for sometime. Maybe a few go over the top but most are just stating what they saw from him last night & most performances with an honest opinion. The difference between the 2 players is that Torres was arguably the best in the world in his position once upon a time & Kalou is/has been average at best, Kalou only really gets stick from his own, Torres has the world & his brother on his back.

Funny thing is I actually think Kalou has talent but doesn't produce it on a consistent basis - if he did then I think he could be considered for a place in the side & I've always said I would of bought Sniejder or Aguero to the club & not Torres so just to put in the picture that I'm not a blinkered Torres fan - he has so much work to do before he gets anywhere near his best, most of which are in his head. To win the league you also have to get service to your strikers which is why Drogba & Torres have a pitiful return this season.