Fernando Torres

Performance today will definitely increase his market value and maybe perhaps some more clubs will be interested in him.Today we all have seen what he is capable of and if Chelsea decide to part ways with him then I am sure he won't be short of suitors.Lets just hope he continues this good form.

For me it is a non-starter. Yes the spaniard has been good today, but we should remember he has just come out of a drought of 24 goalless games. One good game against a mid-table side of the Championship shouldn't guarantee him to be in our starting lineup. He has a lot of thing to prove, while Didier has been consistent untill now, even if he hasn't been in his best form, he has been rather good, and he has been very good when it did matter (cf : against Valencia, City and Napoli).

Its not that we all want Torres to start on Wednesday just because he scored today.He played really well today and to keep that confidence going its important that we give him a chance against City.Benching may dampen his confidence but the problem is we cant start him and Drogba. Ramires will be most likely starting as a right winger and I think it will be risky if we change our formation so that two center forwards can play together.Only solution is that RDM plays Torres as a left winger instead of Kalou but then what will happen to Sturridge and the rest. I just feel so bad for RDM,hes going to have a really hard time choosing his best 11.

Its not that we all want Torres to start on Wednesday just because he scored today.He played really well today and to keep that confidence going its important that we give him a chance against City. Benching may dampen his confidence but the problem is we cant start him and Drogba. Ramires will be most likely starting as a right winger and I think it will be risky if we change our formation so that two center forwards can play together.Only solution is that RDM plays Torres as a left winger instead of Kalou but then what will happen to Sturridge and the rest. I just feel so bad for RDM,hes going to have a really hard time choosing his best 11.

So you would rather play the biggest flop in Football History to keep his confidence going, than keep our chance of winning an important game ? Last time I checked it was Chelsea FC, not Torres FC.

So you would rather play the biggest flop in Football History to keep his confidence going, than keep our chance of winning an important game ? Last time I checked it was Chelsea FC, not Torres FC.

I see your point. What about starting Fernando on the wing intstead of Daniel?

Its not that we all want Torres to start on Wednesday just because he scored today.He played really well today and to keep that confidence going its important that we give him a chance against City.Benching may dampen his confidence but the problem is we cant start him and Drogba. Ramires will be most likely starting as a right winger and I think it will be risky if we change our formation so that two center forwards can play together.Only solution is that RDM plays Torres as a left winger instead of Kalou but then what will happen to Sturridge and the rest. I just feel so bad for RDM,hes going to have a really hard time choosing his best 11.

You can't start him on the basis of one good match. Let's not forget that he will not be facing Leicester City's defense.

Besides, what I claim that if he starts and fails to score, it will ruin all the confidence he built up in this game, so it is vital we keep him for a game that he is more likely to score in.

I am not saying that we should play Torres instead of Drogba but I am sure the team can perform well if Torres plays as a winger with Drogba.Lets not forget we play 3 crucial games(CIty,Spurs and Benfica) in a matter of 9 days.Surely you don't expect Drogba to start for all 3.

Well chuffed for Torres today man of the match for me, i bet the weight of his shoulders was massive today, i think Drogba AND Torres should start wednesday, they showed they can play together wednesday and Torres has shown today he is more of a team player than sturidge. Torres was on form today and sould be rewarded with a start, for me you can see sturidge has been frustrated for a while now and why he opts for a shot on sight now, which for me is why Torres should start over sturidge wednesday.