Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Ben Foster on Lukaku: "Chelsea would be fools to let him come back with the way their forward line is misfiring." (ESPN) #CFC

Cant argue with that..

did he actually say that... if we still let him go on loan then we would be bigger than fools.

did he actually say that... if we still let him go on loan then we would be bigger than fools.

Yes!

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/208195.html

"He was unplayable. As soon as he came on, you could see that they were physically scared of him. He dominated everything that came his way.

"It was a fitting send-off for him. He has done so much for us and I'm really happy for him because he's such a nice lad.

"There's no way he's coming back here next season. Chelsea would be fools to let him come back with the way their forward line is misfiring. He's exactly what they need at the minute."

Would like him back but if we are signing a big name striker, he probably won't play.

Would like to see how he would get on at a top team abroad. Don't want to see him loaned to a PL team that are going to challenge for the league.

Yea that's the problem really..

He deserves to come back, but we cant afford not to buy a proven top class striker. But if we do, then Lukaku won't get too many minutes on the pitch..

Im torn with what to do with this lad next season.

Do i think he is ready to play for Chelsea? yes 100% he is but he will probably be rotating with a new forward (i would love to get Benteke, not going to lie, those two would sort our forward line out long term). Now he is fully established as West Brom's best forward he will probably be starting week in, week out next season and with it, he could get even better before coming back to us following the world cup (where he could announce himself to the world).

One thing is for sure, he is going to be a top, top player for us for many years.

Benteke and Lukaku are too similar in terms of skill sets. Both of them have pace, strength, decent hold-up play, good shooting range.

I wouldn't mind seeing a forward mixture of: Lewa, Lukaku & Ba...with Moses or someone else as the Winger/striker.

i would sell torres and ba and have lukaku and cavani

Two sexy strikers right there that would be ideal for us but I think we need three striker's for next season at least. As much as I would love to slap myself in the face for saying this, if we have Cavani and Lukaku as our main goalscorers then keep Torres for 3rd choice ST. Ship BA out to a small team like Arsenal I really wouldn't care to lose BA at all.

Its all very simple. We cannot bring him back until we get rid of Torres.

I think everyone understands what a talent this guy is and that he is probably ready to play for Chelsea, but to do that he needs high quality playtime. We cannot have him rot on the bench considering his age and talent. He is still developing. If he was 26-27 it wouldnt matter that much because he'd be a complete striker then and at his prime.

Should go on loan, he can play a bench role but not good enough to be first choice. He's still pretty raw and would benefit more from another loan spell where he gets to start every game.

A loan with a possession based team. The playing style at West Brom is different than at Chelsea. At WBA, their opponents more often than not play attacking football which gives more space to Lukaku which will never happen at Chelsea as everyone will sit deep against us. And if they sit deep, you marginalize Lukaku's biggest strength, his pace and runs behind the defence. That's why he needs to get accustomed to a possession based team and improve his link up play further and his back to the goal hold-up play. Swansea would be my first and last choice, going back to West Brom offers him nothing.

I'm not saying he isn't good enough for us now, but for his sake he's still developing and he should aim to get as much playing time as possible. If he stays with us, he'll be good, he'll score bunches as an impact sub but how much will he really improve?

Should go on loan, he can play a bench role but not good enough to be first choice. He's still pretty raw and would benefit more from another loan spell where he gets to start every game.

A loan with a possession based team. The playing style at West Brom is different than at Chelsea. At WBA, their opponents more often than not play attacking football which gives more space to Lukaku which will never happen at Chelsea as everyone will sit deep against us. And if they sit deep, you marginalize Lukaku's biggest strength, his pace and runs behind the defence. That's why he needs to get accustomed to a possession based team and improve his link up play further and his back to the goal hold-up play. Swansea would be my first and last choice, going back to West Brom offers him nothing.

I'm not saying he isn't good enough for us now, but for his sake he's still developing and he should aim to get as much playing time as possible. If he stays with us, he'll be good, he'll score bunches as an impact sub but how much will he really improve?

After the ballboy incident Swansea can fuck off.

I'm not sure about another loan in general either. If you had Lukaku + Ba + Torres right now, who would you field?

Ideal scenario would be to sign a big name, get rid of Ba and let Torres and Lukaku fight for second fiddle. He's been amazing as an impact sub for West-Brom, I don't see why he would weigh less on tired defences over here than at WBA. José will love him, that's for sure.

After the ballboy incident Swansea can fuck off.

I'm not sure about another loan in general either. If you had Lukaku + Ba + Torres right now, who would you field?

Ideal scenario would be to sign a big name, get rid of Ba and let Torres and Lukaku fight for second fiddle. He's been amazing as an impact sub for West-Brom, I don't see why he would weigh less on tired defences over here than at WBA. José will love him, that's for sure.

Goes without saying that most would prefer Lukaku of that bunch but getting rid of Torres won't be that easy and if he's still around I don't want Lukaku coming back next season because getting ahead of Torres, Ba and potentially another new signing is not the simplest of tasks and there's no point returning if he won't get a game.

Agree on the ideal scenario, maybe Ba could stay another year as third choice as he seems like the type who won't complain if he doesn't play that much but if only we were be able to sell the ladyboy and buy someone good with Lukaku as second choice it would be perfect.