Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

Guest justin_3d

He does not need to spend as much money as Roman. He just needs to buy a good GK, and one good CB. With those two players, I believe Arsenal would be a very good team... The problem (for Arsenal fans, not for us lol) is that Wenger is a hoarder.

So if we apply the same model as Wenger, plus if we are willing to spend money, it could work well !!

ps : there's so much pessimism here... C'mon, be confident of the man who gave Chelsea 3 EPL.

Yeah true.

That is why Barcelona does well. They managed well the youth, with people they buy.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Someone close to Marco Van Basten says there's been no contact with #cfc, interested in any serious job offers & #cfc fits criteria. #ssn

http://twitter.com/#...skysports_bryan

To me, Van Basten just seems like an odd appointment and I don't feel he is the right man for the job.

I think the common sense is to get Hiddink to manage the club till Chelsea can get Pep or Villa-Boas, and then Hiddink moves up to technical director....that is unless Hiddink starts doing bad half way season, and everyone here asks for him to be sack! :)

Blues job tempts Van Basten

Sky Sports News sources understand that Marco van Basten would welcome the opportunity to discuss becoming Carlo Ancelotti's successor at Chelsea.

The Blues are on the lookout for a new manager after Ancelotti's two-year reign came to an end on Sunday following a trophyless campaign.

A number of high-profile names have already been linked with the vacant role and Van Basten is among the early favourites with bookmakers.

The Dutch legend is currently out of work, having previously had spells in charge of Holland and Ajax.

Sources close to Van Basten say he is interested in any serious job offer, not necessarily from a big club in a big competition, but it is believed there has been no contact from Chelsea since Ancelotti's departure.

Van Basten has been connected with Sporting Lisbon but it is understood there is no pre-contract agreement with the Portuguese club, paving the way for any Chelsea approach.

Interesting to note that Vilas Boas leads the manager poll. Although, what's the big fuss about him, eh?

He has won a competition, that sides deride as the Mickey Mouse cup and has won silverware in the Portuguese league, which does not even figure in the top 5 European leagues! If we want another sacrificial cow/puppet, then that's another matter...

He didn't just win it, he did it braking every record in the book.

• By winning the UEFA Europa League on 18 May 2011, he is the youngest manager ever to win a European competition, at 33 years and 213 days of age.[10]
  • The club record for the most matches across all competitions unbeaten (36). This record was previously held by José Mourinho at 33 matches.[11] Part of this streak was completed by the previous coach of FC Porto, Jesualdo Ferreira.
  • The most wins in Europe in one season by a Portuguese club (14)[12]
  • The most points in a 30-game Portuguese league season (84)
  • The highest number of consecutive wins in the Portuguese league (16)
  • The biggest margin over the second placed team in the league (21)[13]
  • The only team to go unbeaten through a Portuguese league season aside from Benfica in 1972/73[14] and in 1977/78[15]
  • On 3 April 2011, Villas-Boas won his first Primeira Liga, five rounds before the end, by defeating second-place Benfica 2–1 away at theEstádio da Luz in Lisbon,[16] becoming the third youngest coach to win it, only behind Mihály Sistka (1938–39) and Juca (1961–62). It is the second time that Porto won the Portuguese league by beating its rival at its home soil, the first time being 71 years ago, in the 1939–40 season when Porto clinched the title by defeating Benfica at the Estádio das Amoreiras.

Not to mention his job at Academia the year before, he took over them when they were bottom and winless and guided them comfortably to mid table.

Point well taken. But, are we really that desperate? If a team's owner/management is so fixated with winning the Champions League, that it can turn a blind eye to our previous year's unprecedented success, would you entrust a 33 year old to deliver that? I certainly don't.

Really hate the fact, that we orchestrate these managerial merry go rounds while the players are left blameless.

He's a top manager, definitely one of the best around at the minute. You're not giving credit to him at all, he's won the Portuguese league and the Europa league and he's had a fantastic season with his team.

If he can do wonders with Hulk and Falcao, imagine how he could use Sturridge + Torres up front.

Say Van Basten takes over this year finishes 3rd and wins the Carling Cup or even nothing, signs Neymar aswell as numerous other U25 players, significantly reduces the average age of the squad, makes Josh, Gael and Danny regulars and even puts Billy, Conor, Aziz, Tore, Milan and even Nathaniel and Toddy on the fringes would that even be that bad even if he gets sacked? it would without doubt give the manager after a more healthier squad.

Edited by Tomo-91

Guest justin_3d

Say Van Basten takes over this year finishes 3rd and wins the Carling Cup or even nothing, signs Neymar, significantly reduces the average age of the squad, makes Josh, Gael and Danny regulars and even puts Billy, Conor, Aziz and even Nathaniel on the fringes would that even be that bad even if he gets sacked? it would without doubt give the manager after a more healthier squad.

I would like that.

I back a manager that plays more youth, regardless if we don't win trophies or not.

The problem here, will Roman, the board and Chelsea fans stand up for that?

I would like that.

I back a manager that plays more youth, regardless if we don't win trophies or not.

The problem here, will Roman, the board and Chelsea fans stand up for that?

If one more season on the fringes means ten years or success or dare i say it domination then yes and surely even Roman would if he thought it through properly.

Point well taken. But, are we really that desperate? If a team's owner/management is so fixated with winning the Champions League, that it can turn a blind eye to our previous year's unprecedented success, would you entrust a 33 year old to deliver that? I certainly don't.

I certainly do. Villas-Boas has proven himself to be one of the brightest up-and-coming managers in the world. That's good enough for me.

Mourinho - CL Winner

Scolari - World Cup Winner

Ancelotti - CL Winner

They still weren't good enough to win that big trophy. We simply can't limit ourselves to CL-winning managers when it really doesn't mean anything. Why not have our manager win his first CL WITH US? like Mourinho with Porto, Ancelotti with Milan etc.

Mourinho was installed at Porto in 2002, he won the CL in 2004

Ancelotti was installed at Milan in 2001, won the competition in 2003

Every manager needs time, our owner, unfortunately has a dearth of it. I also worry of the fact, whether our players would respect the authority of a 33 year old. The situation could easily become "Mclarenesque". Who's to say, we won't have Vilas Boas, if appointed, addressing players with monikers as JT, Frankie, Ash etc etc.

Obviously, having Wenger as manager is the dreamemo4.gif. I just hope the board really gives the manager's position a thought and not appoint the hottest thing in town. We want stability and a manager who can stamp his authority.

I certainly do. Villas-Boas has proven himself to be one of the brightest up-and-coming managers in the world. That's good enough for me.

Mourinho - CL Winner

Scolari - World Cup Winner

Ancelotti - CL Winner

They still weren't good enough to win that big trophy. We simply can't limit ourselves to CL-winning managers when it really doesn't mean anything. Why not have our manager win his first CL WITH US? like Mourinho with Porto, Ancelotti with Milan etc.

The manager that takes the job will know the deal, no trophies = no next season. It is a ridicolous way to run a club but that is Chelsea. We have become a bit of a laughing stock among other clubs, this is not championship manager but real life.......

That said we would be nowhere without Roman and we just have to accept his rules, but 7 managers in 8 years that is embarrasing....

Roman should get rid of all pretense and appoint himself manager. He determines the transfer targets, the staff, etc. anyway. Not like it's a big leap for him.

I'm surprised any manager would be willing to work here, seeing as Roman goes through managers more often than most people go through a bog roll/roll of toilet paper.