Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno about all the hype for this Porto manager because he's won a crap league with a half decent team and won the europa league which Fulham nearly won last season. Granted he looks a good prospect but do you really think he's ready to join Chelsea with that owner that treats all his staff like shit and demands the UCL or you're sacked. If i was him, the last place i'd wanna go to develop more is Chelsea.

Dunno about all the hype for this Porto manager because he's won a crap league with a half decent team and won the europa league which Fulham nearly won last season. Granted he looks a good prospect but do you really think he's ready to join Chelsea with that owner that treats all his staff like shit and demands the UCL or you're sacked. If i was him, the last place i'd wanna go to develop more is Chelsea.

He did not just win the portuguese league he broke numerous records doing it, the year before he took over a team half way through that were winless and doing a Derby County and he took them to mid table safety, mark my words he is the next BIG manager.

Van Basten has come in to 3-1 this morning. If Hiddink turns it down I bet he will be the next manager. I am saying this as Hiddink acts as an advisor to Roman and you can bet your life he has recommended Van Basten. I personally think this would be a disaster.....

He did not just win the portuguese league he broke numerous records doing it, the year before he took over a team half way through that were winless and doing a Derby County and he took them to mid table safety, mark my words he is the next BIG manager.

The job is to early for Villas, he has no experience in buying or managing big players yet. He will b a top manager in a few years. The new manager will likely be sacked next season anyway, so may aswell wait for him till then...

The real question is...

What manager is crazy enough to take this cursed job?

Any world-class manager needs just 1 look at how we handle a crisis & they'll run a mile..

Absolutely ! I would prefer Frank Rijkaard or Villas Boas but then they should be given minimum 5 years contract with a clause that they wouldn't be fired until the end of the contract :eyebrows:

Roman just isn't giving the managers to correct their mistakes. There will come a time where we would be out of choice for managers, if this continues like this.

Well it's too early for him by a mile, too much pressure and expectation on a young guy. Lets see what he does in the next few years as we'll be looking for a new manager again in 2013 i can assume. Maybe that will be a better time for this guy.

The real question is...

What manager is crazy enough to take this cursed job?

Any world-class manager needs just 1 look at how we handle a crisis & they'll run a mile..

What manager WOULDN'T want this job? Work with some of the best players in the world and guaranteed millions if you fail to be any good at your job. It's a no-brainer! It isn't the perfect job but it is an excellent job regardless.The pros simply outweigh the cons.

What manager WOULDN'T want this job? Work with some of the best players in the world and guaranteed millions if you fail to be any good at your job. It's a no-brainer! It isn't the perfect job but it is an excellent job regardless.The pros simply outweigh the cons.

its an EXCELLENT job for someone with little talent and even less pride

Like Arsenal Wenger?

I said it many times here in the site, that I support and like the Wenger Model. But fans can't stand being trophy less regardless how much money he produces for the club and the attractive football he plays. Albeit that if Wenger did spend just a tad bit like Roman does, then no one would stop him.

He does not need to spend as much money as Roman. He just needs to buy a good GK, and one good CB. With those two players, I believe Arsenal would be a very good team... The problem (for Arsenal fans, not for us lol) is that Wenger is a hoarder.

So if we apply the same model as Wenger, plus if we are willing to spend money, it could work well !!

ps : there's so much pessimism here... C'mon, be confident of the man who gave Chelsea 3 EPL.

its an EXCELLENT job for someone with little talent and even less pride

Really? We've had Mourinho, Scolari, Ancelotti and Hiddink manage the club. We've had some people like Lippi state they would want to manage us. That reads like a who's who of managers. You're going a little over the top.

Really? We've had Mourinho, Scolari, Ancelotti and Hiddink manage the club. We've had some people like Lippi state they would want to manage us. That reads like a who's who of managers. You're going a little over the top.

a habit I picked up from you

3 of the 4 you named WERE SACKED the fourth stayed just a few months