Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

Is it 2027 already? Stop bringing up the AC Milan bullshit, it's a different team in a different league with a whole different set up. My point is we will never know now what Carlo can do in the long term, but I find it funny that you find it so assuring that another new manager will do wonders for us when he's never even set foot in the Chelsea locker room.

I have a better idea. I would stop arguing with you. You got no more points.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would try a gamble in this moment, just like Barcelona did with Guardiola and like Liverpool is doing with Dalglish.

But, Guardiola would be the perfect manager, but of course he won't leave Barcelona right now.

True. It's a real shame though because those gambles came from within.. Unfortunately we have no-one to step up to the plate within our club. Villas-Boas did have a spell here under Mourinho, so technically :Goober:

@officialAndrevi portoThe official twitter account of fc porto manager Andre Villas-Boas

Just started following Andre and it says we have one connection and thats that we both follow CFC lol.

Lmao.

302732271.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306104903&Signature=paygw54AnmPNYFYTayRx%2FffQjNA%3D

302719157.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306104909&Signature=rklB3q3%2FRkJPIYvo8BAHP46%2BbGA%3D

Then the question becomes, do we seek to tempt an already employed manager, with a proven track run (i.e. Guardiola) to us with big money. Or do we take a gamble on an inexperienced, younger manager who we'd trust in for a longer tenure (i.e. Villas-Boas)

In fact Guardiola has been managing one season more than AVB. Or two if you count Barca B. Ok, the difference is that one is managing at higher stage, but despite not having that experience AVB could do that.

In fact Guardiola has been managing one season more than AVB. Or two if you count Barca B. Ok, the difference is that one is managing at higher stage, but despite not having that experience AVB could do that.

That's true.

But I said that because of what we witnessed today. Roman likes consistency. So he'll love how Barcelona retained their La Liga crown and are also on course to win their second Champions League title in 3 seasons.

That's true.

But I said that because of what we witnessed today. Roman likes consistency. So he'll love how Barcelona retained their La Liga crown and are also on course to win their second Champions League title in 3 seasons.

Yes with a team that ours can't match.

Club made the wrong decisions years ago. But ok it's understandable, we tried to become top English team. We were quite successful, but now things won't happen over night.

Yes with a team that ours can't match.

Club made the wrong decisions years ago. But ok it's understandable, we tried to become top English team. We were quite successful, but now things won't happen over night.

Yep true.

Who would your recommendation be if Villas-Boas will not come?

Yep true.

Who would your recommendation be if Villas-Boas will not come?

Don't know really. Just hope it's not someone similar to Scolari.

But then, even if we bring one of most desired managers we need to add some good players. No manager could do something with this squad, it's not sound.

Don't know really. Just hope it's not someone similar to Scolari.

But then, even if we bring one of most desired managers we need to add some good players. No manager could do something with this squad, it's not sound.

I think van Basten would be a good manager, with atacking football and lots of goals.

I think van Basten would be a good manager, with atacking football and lots of goals.

He hasn't even been appointed as our manager and you know that we would score lots of goals. Lmao.

Trying Total Football perhaps.. Though I don't think our squad could pull it off unless we got much better talent..

Id give villas boas a another year to me to fully fully prove himself. Maybe im a bit oblivious since his records immence. But if he does superb next year then hes proven to me to be the real deal

Still would be curious about zola. Itd be a interesting time to see him in charge

Rumors about Harry.... the only positive is the media absolutely freakin' loves him. Maybe they'd quit bashing Chelsea at every opportunity if their media golden boy, Harry, was calling in to Talksport and whatever else it is Harry does.