Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

Villas-Boas has managed for less than TWO full seasons. I don't think he is ready to manage a veteran tabloid fodder club, accomplishments aside. How will he handle the next JT/Ashley Cole screwup? How will he assert himself to what is becoming a belligerent boss?

Villas-Boas has worked at Chelsea before, so he knows the system that we use, and what our strengths and weaknesses are, as well as learning from his counterpart, Mourinho, and he's brought silverware himself to Porto... he's not a bad manager to invest in.

But what amazes me, is that Boas is only 33 years old! That's terribly young to win a piece of silverware, and the Europa League as well!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's true that people mature over time. Age is just a number and should never become an indice for determining a manager's quality and capability. How old was Mourinho when he won the trebble and UCL with porto. Guardiola does not have gray hair neither

Yeah, great idea. And who will buy Neymar et al, pay our current squad, hire a new manager and assistant, etc... ?

Really dont give a shit, just tired of this russian playing with his toy.

Let's not be silly, Redknapp will never be Chelsea manager...and thank god for that.

Why not, he is the only one who knows what the word respect really means, the rest forget it, bunch of gold diggers.

I'm getting fed up of sifting through bullshit, next people to take a topic off on a tangent are suspended for a week, its doing my fucking head in.

By all means discuss, but settle your personal differences elsewhere. And grow up while you're at it, its boring.

Really dont give a shit, just tired of this russian playing with his toy.

At the end of the day it is his toy. Whether we like it or not and all he is doing is trying to bring us success.

Do i agree with it? Not all the time but like i said we do not have a say in it. We can merely just discuss it.

Villas-Boas has managed for less than TWO full seasons. I don't think he is ready to manage a veteran tabloid fodder club, accomplishments aside. How will he handle the next JT/Ashley Cole screwup? How will he assert himself to what is becoming a belligerent boss?

Porto is, despite their accomplishments, a regional club. Chelsea has global appeal and attracts global interest. In this league and this club, you can be a great tactical manager but mishandle things in the press and in the locker room and you will fail all the same. I'm not saying that Villas-Boas doesn't have potential, he has lots of it in fact. But do you think Roman will give him the time to grow into the job when others have not had that luxury?

Good points but my perspective as a Porto hater is that he's as ready as Mourinho was when he left and the quicker he gets out of Portugal the quicker Benfica have a chance to win again. To be honest, when Porto hired him this season all the papers and all the talk in Portugal kept hammering his youth and inexperience and questioned how he would handle the pressure of a "big club". Well I'll tell you that he handled himself better than anyone expected. He ate up every single challenge that was placed in front of him. He went in and destroyed his arch rivals AND outcoached his 50something year old opponent. This guy is special and I've gained a lot of respect for him throughout the year. Plus, he has that arrogance, that cockiness that his rivals hate but his players love.

FYI the president for Porto was interviewed on national TV about an hour ago and said AVB's release clause is 15million and wasn't under any illusions that the clause doesn't scare anybody off, but he's convinced that AVB's love for Porto is so high that even if the clause was met that AVB wouldn't take the offer. He's so confident about this that its sickening. Hopefully we make him eat his words.

At the end of the day it is his toy. Whether we like it or not and all he is doing is trying to bring us success.

Do i agree with it? Not all the time but like i said we do not have a say in it. We can merely just discuss it.

A discussing can be a beginning to change something or not, at least your not silent.

Best Coach for me is Guus Hiddink. He can be doing his job for 4-5 years until he retires, so he can make perfect squad with all new fresh players from academy. He is the only coach who can stay alive near Roman, in my opinion. Wonderful football, can organize the club and squad very well, fantastic tactic, feeling for right transfers, players under Hiddink are enjoying the games.

As assistent I'd choose Zola as I suppose Wilkins won't come back :(

All in all, there is a mission waiting for upcoming coach - to rebuild a team and that is difficult. No Benitez/Van Baster, please.

Mark Hughes actually has a lot of bets on him, I like Hughes, he had a bit to much to pick up from at City for what Sven done. But I think hes a man who knows what he's doing.