Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 105 votes:

Benitez (0 votes [0.00%])

:getin:

Which means he will get appointed now doh.gif

Oh well, ive got £325 insurance from the bookies if this does end up happening which will mean a holiday for me instead of watching his cautious dross biggrin.gif

I actually think Benetiz, for purely game and training management, would be a pretty good choice (no option is 100% failsafe). He knows his stuff. He's not quite so good at talent spotting. He's found some good to great ones of course, Alonso, Reina and Torres, but also picked up a lot of duds. That's not a huge problem, the issue is that he doesn't recognize this and chafes under working with a DOF tasked with spotting and signing talent.

If he could work under a true continental system by just worrying about training and the games, I think he would be great with Chelsea. He won major trophies with Valencia and Liverpool, not with Real Madrid and Man U.

is anybody even considering Brendan rodgers or David Moyes or any other English speaking manager ? Brendan plays great foootie and has worked wonders with Swansea very quickly and David Moyes has constantly overachieved with the little opportunity he has been given.

is anybody even considering Brendan rodgers or David Moyes or any other English speaking manager ? Brendan plays great foootie and has worked wonders with Swansea very quickly and David Moyes has constantly overachieved with the little opportunity he has been given.

Moyes spend all weekend harping on about stability, i think that was his way of saying he is not interested. Rodgers aint tested at the top level and fucked up at Reading so still has to prove himself.

Harry Redknapp is 4-1......

I honestly don't think i have a preference for manager. All i want to see is someone come in, be given the backing needed to rebuild this squad and get us playing good football again. It is so simplistic to look at managers who have won the CL or been successful in other countries. We should be looking deeper and getting the manager with the right qualities or us rather than just going for someone who has won something before.

I just want the appointment made asap to get ourselves set properly for the new season

Indeed. Thats why I said before that hiring Carlo was a big mistake. He never was the kind of manager we needed. He was hired because they looked in his CV and saw two CL. In same way that Scolari arrived because he had a WC in his CV and a Eurocup final.

Carlo has 2 CL. Fuck off. Benitez has one, but he's not a great coach.

Guest justin_3d

Indeed. Thats why I said before that hiring Carlo was a big mistake. He never was the kind of manager we needed. He was hired because they looked in his CV and saw two CL. In same way that Scolari arrived because he had a WC in his CV and a Eurocup final.

Carlo has 2 CL. Fuck off. Benitez has one, but he's not a great coach.

So if we hire Van Basten will that be a big mistake as wel???

i would personally like to give Brendan David Moyes or even Mark Hughes a long term contract and take a chance on them building a successful team . if not maybe Redknapp would certainly not be my first choice but i would prefer him to some others being linked with us. At least he could relate to the players , and would be nice to have a English Gaffer for a change : )

So if we hire Van Basten will that be a big mistake as wel???

He is not a mistake, he is a gamble. He is a young coach. Carlo had already 14 years of management when he was hired. 14 years is time enough to a coach show his qualities and his weakness. The canadian guy said I should stop talking about his spell in Italy, but the fact is Carlo was hired because the things he have done in Italy.

Redknapp would be a good choice.

Moyes spend all weekend harping on about stability, i think that was his way of saying he is not interested. Rodgers aint tested at the top level and fucked up at Reading so still has to prove himself.

You mean Reading fucked up with him?

He's good manager and yes he needs experience, because he isn't top like AVB().

Guest justin_3d

He is not a mistake, he is a gamble. He is a young coach. Carlo had already 14 years of management when he was hired. 14 years is time enough to a coach show his qualities and his weakness. The canadian guy said I should stop talking about his spell in Italy, but the fact is Carlo was hired because the things he have done in Italy.

Redknapp would be a good choice.

Why Redknapp a good choice? He is the same as Carlo.

I rather take the gamble with younger guys like Van Basten, Pep, Guardiola, or some old Chelsea players like Zola, Deschamp and such.

BTW what ever happen to Vialli?