The English Football Thread

Steve

Please take to PMs, lads. We don't want to derail this thread.

And if someone says something in a PM that upsets you, start a thread about it right Choulo?

He's right though didierforever - if you want to continue having a pop at me, feel free to do it in PMs. Love you. :heart:

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Torres has cost us a lot more than just the transfer fee and wages being paid for him for. At least Liverpool got rid of Carrollol and made some money back Torres is still ruining attacks and loosing the ball here. If one tenth of the time spend on trying to get Torres to score was spend giving Lukaku and Sturridge a chance by now we would have two of the best young striker in the League for us.

By the end of the year I expect Sturridge to have twice as many goals in the League than Torres has managed in three years with us.

To say that our team is not setup to create chances for a striker is laughable. Our team is simply not good enough to create chances for Torres because it takes extra effort to create a chance for some one as awful as him.

Torres has cost us a lot more than just the transfer fee and wages being paid for him for. At least Liverpool got rid of Carrollol and made some money back Torres is still ruining attacks and loosing the ball here. If one tenth of the time spend on trying to get Torres to score was spend giving Lukaku and Sturridge a chance by now we would have two of the best young striker in the League for us.

By the end of the year I expect Sturridge to have twice as many goals in the League than Torres has managed in three years with us.

To say that our team is not setup to create chances for a striker is laughable. Our team is simply not good enough to create chances for Torres because it takes extra effort to create a chance for some one as awful as him.

I expect Chelsea to be at least three spots above Liverpool in the league. I expect us to be challenging for the Champions League too.

The Torres deal went south fast and it had knock-on effects, but you can either look at the mistakes we made in the past or focus on the good things going on now and in the future.

I expect Chelsea to be at least three spots above Liverpool in the league. I expect us to be challenging for the Champions League too.

The Torres deal went south fast and it had knock-on effects, but you can either look at the mistakes we made in the past or focus on the good things going on now and in the future.

We are challenging for the Champions League in-spite of Torres - until we reprimand this mistake and he is gone and we actually have a striker who is banging goals in we are going to be looking for alternatives.

We are challenging for the Champions League in-spite of Torres - until we reprimand this mistake and he is gone and we actually have a striker who is banging goals in we are going to be looking for alternatives.

We have looked to rectify this issue in our team though. We've also looked to strengthen in other areas though and in players like Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Willian, De Bruyne, Lukaku etc. we have some of the brightest young attacking talent in Europe. I'm not saying it's ungrateful to harp on about the sale of Sturridge but it is wonderfully myopic to focus on that one instance.

My view is that maybe we shouldn't have sold him but circumstances did perhaps necessitate it. That doesn't make it the worst mistake in our history, and as a club we're actually far, far stronger overall than we were when he left. That's why I simply don't understand the maudlin, depressing, constant rehashing of this one point. If I look at Chelsea Football Club there are dozens of things to be excited about, so why people choose to focus on this I don't understand.

It happened, I wish him well but quite frankly he's dead to me now. He chose to leave the greatest club on Earth and joined a 'humongous' one (I think that was the word he used). I'll shake his hand, say thanks and then check on how Izzy Brown and Lukaku are coming along, but that's just the way I choose to view life.

Torres at the moment just seems to be there making up numbers and doing not a lot.Hopefully we'll learn from this deal..in the ways we didnt learn from Sheva.Seems a case of going for the name rather then the actual ablity of the player at that point

We bloody better be spots above Liverpool in the table lol...the thought urgh!He probably will be top scorer and we'll be far behind but if we win the league then all good :D

Ian Holloway is grumpy

Good stuff by Cardiff...but I'm expecting City to be too strong in the second half.

Also surprised to see Spurs haven't scored against Swansea yet. Paulinho and Capoue looking good in midfield.

I think the key for cardiff is can they keep doing this for another 45 minutes.

They are playing 110%