The English Football Thread

Steve

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

That was purely driven by Antonio Conte, you can tell now more than ever why he wanted him here. Hes turned him into a very rounded player.

None of them look consistent which is why getting a result today v United is paramount. We only have 8 points after 5 games.

Wouldn't be so sure. He has been an amazing player since he was about 23. Injuries obviously may slow him down a bit but I think many people thought he wouldn't improve under Pep and again he's taken his game another level in my eyes. I think he is the sort of guy who could drop back and play as a second striker/10 for a few years (like Tevez did) also because he is so potent outside the box and his linking up and ability to spot passes is vastly underrated. Still gutted we never got him back in whenever it was. Criminal really. If the whole JT story is true, which I doubt, its even more criminal... 

I think future injuries wil prevent him from playing every game or near it, that is all I meant

I think he is going to be a part timer in reality, although may have some long streaks

• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think future injuries wil prevent him from playing every game or near it, that is all I meant

I think he is going to be a part timer in reality, although may have some long streaks

Perhaps but I think the last 3 or 4 years he's had a lot of niggling injuries and still managed to be a regular. I get he's getting older but I still think he has plenty life in him, just seems to be the case with a lot of these South American guys at the very top level. They seem to manage to keep playing even with accumulations of these wee injuries and such, I mean Messi's no doubt had his problems the last few seasons, as has Aguero, Di Maria at times, Cavani last season etc but they don't really look like slowing down. Obviously different cases for others. Even then if he's going to play 65-70% of the games or be a rotational option you'd take him no problem because he is goals guaranteed. Teams would shit themselves if you took him on with 20-25 minutes to go because he normally just needs 1 good chance to make a huge impact. 

Talking City, Foden changed the game for them today. Crazy without Silva now Pep isn't starting him every week. He has to now. He has no excuses, he didn't buy a replacement. 

Thank fuck Timo didnt go to City, its clear why pep wanted him. Jesus doesnt cut it for me as a first 11. Man if we had bought a proper DM we could have had a say in the title race.
Jesus is a horrible player when it comes to scoring goals.
But is Timo a player that would fit in Pep's one touch football? Hard to imagine.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Jesus is a horrible player when it comes to scoring goals.
But is Timo a player that would fit in Pep's one touch football? Hard to imagine.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Yeah I dont rate the dude either. Im more than sure Timo would do well enough at City, he would do well at most clubs.

37 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

2-1 Liverpool blahhhhh

delusional scouser fans whingeing on about VVD now will have to play an extra year to have a shot at the most total trophies won by an EPL player in his career

erm

he will not play again more than likely until he is 30yo

he has 7 trophies (and 3 of those are from shit Scottish league)

Giggs

has THIRTY FOUR

including 13 EPL titles

roflmaoooooooooooooooooooo