• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Huh? We'll drop to 10th tomorrow for us.

Man United and Man City won't be playing their game in hand so soon.

if you pull the games out of linear time

and add up the points with all teams from their first 6 games played

regardless of date played

we will be 12th more than likely

I think multi-dimensionally (time/duration is simply another dimension)

46 minutes ago, Azul said:

Let's take a moment to laugh at Arsenal hahahaha

"Partey will change everything for us", they looked exactly the same.

We have Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech and playing anti-football. 

So I can't laugh at Arsenal 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

if you pull the games out of linear time

and add up the points with all teams from their first 6 games played

regardless of date played

we will be 12th more than likely

I think multi-dimensionally (time/duration is simple another dimension)

200.gif

1 hour ago, Patrick Bamford said:

We have Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech and playing anti-football. 

So I can't laugh at Arsenal 

Exactly. Our team is so much better on paper and we have the same amount of points. Plus they are still in Carabao cup unlike us. And they won their two finals in the last couple of months unlike us who lost both last season (yes, I count CS and SC).

Who cares about current position. There's 6 points between 1st and 15th. Way too early to make any judgements based on table. We're 4 points behind 1st which is the main thing that matters. Unpredictable results all year for all teams has made this wide open. Just gotta start to get a run going now hopefully we are a lot more defensively solid

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Pepe cost 72 million and has basically done zilch since joining Arsenal but nothing has been said. No questions. No criticism. No nothing from the media/pundits.

Two months in at his new club, Havertz already got pilloried by the media/pundits.

:doh: 

Its Chels mate, they love to point fingers at us, diss us and drag us through the mud for essentially everything.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

200.gif

LMAO, not laughing at you @Vesper just peak that you went all linear time and barriers of dimensions explaining whom will get how many points lol....good stuff.

19 hours ago, Hutcho said:

Who cares about current position. There's 6 points between 1st and 15th. Way too early to make any judgements based on table. We're 4 points behind 1st which is the main thing that matters. Unpredictable results all year for all teams has made this wide open. Just gotta start to get a run going now hopefully we are a lot more defensively solid

Its not just about the position for me. Its the point count. Is 9 points in 6 games a good start for Chelsea? I know that the points are a direct contribution on your position but still, if you said after 6 games we'd only have 9 points prior to the season kicking off I think people would say that's not enough. And that's regardless of who is the manager, the squad and the way the other teams are playing. In fact the way the other teams are playing, it makes it look even worse because we could have set the benchmark (although I did say its not about the position after 6 games as there's a long way to go but even under Villas-Boas, Di Matteo, Mourinho 2nd spell bar the last season, Conte, Sarri we had more points on the board after 6 games) and really put a lot of pressure on those other teams to be chasing us. I mean look at Villa, Leeds, Everton, who have all got worse squads than us and have started well. You say the unpredictable results make it open but they've had good starts and that also throws them in the mix if they maintain it for top half finishes and beyond. 

When you consider who we've played in the PL so far - Brighton, Liverpool, West Brom, Crystal Palace, Southampton and Man United - you could excuse dropping points v Liverpool (especially as we had 10 men) and United at their place (even then I am more inclined to say based on the WBA and Southampton games though, we should have been going there for a win because they aren't the same team they've been for years and years). The likes of West Brom and Southampton though, they were draws but they felt like losses in the manner of how those games went. Never showed up first half v WBA then never showed up second half v Southampton. That's why I think most of us would of expected a bit more us in the second half v United, especially after how the first half went, United were there for the taking I think, they really were but again they had the best chances. I get it a point at Old Trafford and a clean sheet would maybe not the end of the world but this United team aren't remotely even close to the one it was under Ferguson or even as it was under Mourinho for a while before that went to shit, so I can see why people are so frustrated. 

Our team isn't either obviously but if your going to tell me a squad (aware some werent in the 11 or on the bench or subbed on but the quality point is more appropriate than who was there and who wasnt) with Giroud, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Mount etc in it isn't good enough to do more in that second half, it would be incredible. Frank just settled for the point, probably accounting for previous results v United and other games but still, could of done more. 

Remember September with Antonio Conte in his first season? A draw with Swansea, losses to Arsenal and Liverpool left us with 10 points in 6 games and people complained, or were vocal about how we shouldn't have drawn with Swansea as getting those 3 points prior to playing those two big games was paramount - although again the nature of the performance and the "defensive/counter attacking approach" was heavily criticized again. We had 1 point out of 9 points in that month after winning the first 3 games of the season in August.

In reflection this season, we have only won two games, Brighton and Palace. Loss to Liverpool. Draws with Southampton, United and West Brom. The two smaller teams feel closer to a loss than a draw as well in the manner of how those games were draws. 

The points we have right now are directly based on results and these results are the way they are due to the team in general which as we've seen hasn't really looked solid bar the last 2 games (United still had chances so wouldn't say we were extremely solid). Yes if we go on a run from here, it would be good but I still think when we reflect on the end of the season, with how tight the whole top 4-7 positions are going to be 4 or 5 points could be a big difference.