• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

8 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

He is a pool player afterall, he is the "best defender" the league has seen, so I didnt expect anything else. This is only the start, just wait till they keep conceding, they will bring his name into it, forgetting they have shipped lots of goals with him too.

he had 2 (last half of last season he started to make big errors) great seasons equivalent (the half when he first cam to the dippers, then the full season, then the first half of last season),

and only one (2018–19) was a full season of great play

his last full season at SOTON he played only 21 league games

and only 26 in the split (SOTON/victimpool) season after that

lets see him do it for 10, 15 or so years (20+ in a freak like Maldini's case) like the actual great CB's

the fucking hype is just madness

VVD is not remotely close to JT or Rio Ferdinand level (the 2 best CB's in EPL history IMHO)

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Victims, they have mastered that ability

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

he had 2 (last half of last season he started to make big errors) great seasons equivalent (the half when he first cam to the dippers, then the full season, then the first half of last season),

and only one (2018–19) was a full season of great play

his last full season at SOTON he played only 21 league games

and only 26 in the split (SOTON/victimpool) season after that

lets see him do it for 10, 15 or so years (20+ in a freak like Maldini's case) like the actual great CB's

the fucking hype is just madness

VVD is not remotely close to JT or Rio Ferdinand level (the 2 best CB's in EPL history IMHO)

He sure as fuck is not, I take Vidic and Cavalho above him too. He would have been exposed if he played in that era.

Geez, one would think VVD has been killed, enough BS for a whole book to fill out. Lots of condolences, prayers and "RIP "......I would laugh if it wasnt so ridiculous. He is seemingly the only player to suffer a ACL. Gets more over the top by the day. I'm half expecting black armbands soon.

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Victims, they have mastered that ability

He sure as fuck is not, I take Vidic and Cavalho above him too. He would have been exposed if he played in that era.

Sol Campbell

Tony Adams

Gary Pallister

Vincent Kompany (when fit)

as well

and for a short period, Jaap Stam (my type of CB, ultimate hard man type, like JT)

cases to be made for Jamie Carragher and Steve Bruce, plus (injuries fucking KILLED him) Ledley King

finally

Marcel Desailly (whose overall career BLOWS away VVD, it is just he was already 30 when he came to us)

Honours

Marseille

UEFA Champions League: 1992–93

A.C. Milan

Serie A: 1993–94, 1995–96
Supercoppa Italiana: 1994
UEFA Champions League: 1993–94
European Super Cup: 1994

Chelsea

FA Cup: 1999–2000
FA Charity Shield: 2000
UEFA Super Cup: 1998

France

FIFA World Cup: 1998
UEFA European Championship: 2000
FIFA Confederations Cup: 2001, 2003

Individual

Overseas Team of the Decade – Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992/93 – 2001/02)
Overall Team of the Decade – Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992/93 – 2001/02)

UEFA Euro 1996 Team of the Tournament
FIFA XI: 1996
1998 FIFA World Cup All-Star Team
UEFA Euro 2000 Team of the Tournament
FIFA 100: 2004

Trophée d'honneur UNFP: 2005
A.C. Milan Hall of Fame

Golden Foot Legends Award: 2017

Orders

Chevalier of the Légion d'honneur: 1998

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Sol Campbell

Tony Adams

Gary Pallister

Vincent Kompany (when fit)

as well

and for a short period, Jaap Stam (my type of CB, ultimate hard man type, like JT)

cases to be made for Jamie Carragher and Steve Bruce, plus (injuries fucking KILLED him) Ledley King

finally

Marcel Desailly (whose overall career BLOWS away VVD, it is just he was already 30 when he came to us)

Honours

Marseille

UEFA Champions League: 1992–93

A.C. Milan

Serie A: 1993–94, 1995–96
Supercoppa Italiana: 1994
UEFA Champions League: 1993–94
European Super Cup: 1994

Chelsea

FA Cup: 1999–2000
FA Charity Shield: 2000
UEFA Super Cup: 1998

France

FIFA World Cup: 1998
UEFA European Championship: 2000
FIFA Confederations Cup: 2001, 2003

Individual

Overseas Team of the Decade – Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992/93 – 2001/02)
Overall Team of the Decade – Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992/93 – 2001/02)

UEFA Euro 1996 Team of the Tournament
FIFA XI: 1996
1998 FIFA World Cup All-Star Team
UEFA Euro 2000 Team of the Tournament
FIFA 100: 2004

Trophée d'honneur UNFP: 2005
A.C. Milan Hall of Fame

Golden Foot Legends Award: 2017

Orders

Chevalier of the Légion d'honneur: 1998

Yes I agree Vesper.....plenty CB's that were better and for much longer. Media though wont take that route, its against their will and bias, best CB in the EPL my ass.......horseshit is what it is.

So the " big picture project " failed badly and rightfully so, now the 2 big cunts in pool and udt are pushing for a europian super league backed by fifa. Clubs should band together and punish these 2 cunts for good, they really act like big boys dont they.

18 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

So the " big picture project " failed badly and rightfully so, now the 2 big cunts in pool and udt are pushing for a europian super league backed by fifa. Clubs should band together and punish these 2 cunts for good, they really act like big boys dont they.

As a football fan I would support European Super League of 16 teams playing league system. 30 games. We would also play, more money and for us fans it would be great, every other week we would have top games with best teams.

What is the point of group system in CL? Who wants to watch Krasnodar, Kiev, Ferencvaros, Brugge, Istanbul? Plus knockout system, luck is big part and stupid away goal rule.

Ofc I do not want any team to have privilege and all teams should be equal so cannot see Utd and Pool having monopoly.

Imagine league with: Real, Barca, Atletico, UTD, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Juve, Inter, Milan, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, Spurs and two more teams maybe Lazio, Napoli, Arse, Sevilla... What is there not to like?

CL is really getting boring, every year is the same. I cannot see any negative arguments about this new league.

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

As a football fan I would support European Super League of 16 teams playing league system. 30 games. We would also play, more money and for us fans it would be great, every other week we would have top games with best teams.

What is the point of group system in CL? Who wants to watch Krasnodar, Kiev, Ferencvaros, Brugge, Istanbul? Plus knockout system, luck is big part and stupid away goal rule.

Ofc I do not want any team to have privilege and all teams should be equal so cannot see Utd and Pool having monopoly.

Imagine league with: Real, Barca, Atletico, UTD, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Juve, Inter, Milan, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, Spurs and two more teams maybe Lazio, Napoli, Arse, Sevilla... What is there not to like?

CL is really getting boring, every year is the same. I cannot see any negative arguments about this new league.

Some truths in that, but CL is vital for so many lesser clubs, they depend on it. Though it may sound enticing I cant see it happening anytime soon.

As if we needed any more reasons to hate Manure and Arse

The Glazers (most of them, Avram gives to the Dems) and the Kroenkes (mostly) have given millions to Trump and the white nationalist Republicans, arrrffff

Victimpool gets a pass here, as FSG is the reverse, they support the progressives and anti-racists

I REALLY have issues that the EPL, who are all about anti-racism, allows these scum to own teams in England, yet give shedloads of cash to outright viscous racists

https://theathletic.com/2151602/2020/10/22/us-election-trump-biden-glazer-kroenke-blitzer-harris-edens-tripp/

As for his politics, James Montague’s The Billionaires Club notes that Kroenke “has personally donated close to $300,000, overwhelmingly to Republican campaigns, between 2000 and 2013”.

In 2016 he donated $33,400 to the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the organisation working to elect Republican candidates to the US Senate. However, he did also donate large sums to Democratic candidates, including $100,000 to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

One Kroenke donation stands out from the rest, though. Following Donald Trump’s shock win four years ago, the Arsenal owner donated $1,000,000 to the Presidential Inaugural Committee.

Manchester United

Trump’s son Barron has been photographed in an Arsenal kit but, asked if he shares his son’s footballing allegiance during an interview with ITV’s Piers Morgan in 2018, the president said, “not particularly no — I have a friend who owns Manchester United.”

Trump was referring to Ed Glazer, who donated more than $98,000 to Trump’s campaign in 2016 and gave a quarter of a million dollars to the president’s inauguration committee. (He also gave $5,200 to Hillary Clinton’s campaign, on the same day he donated $33,400 to the Republican National Committee.)

Since then, Glazer has stepped up his support even further, splashing out almost $400,000 on Trump and campaigns backing other Republicans over the last two years.

He also hosted a big fundraising dinner for Trump in 2018, with the most expensive tickets reportedly costing $250,000.

His brothers Bryan and Joel have also donated generously to Republicans in recent years, though mostly to Florida campaigns rather than national ones.

AC Milan too......... (I knew this already, Paul Singer is pure vermin, and I have mentioned it in the past here)

One of the big recent changes in Italian football has been a big injection of American cash.

In 2018 AC Milan were bought by the Elliott Management Corporation, and its founder Paul Singer has donated huge sums of money to Republican campaigns over the years, more than any Premier League owner. The total runs to several millions, including $1,000,000 to Romney’s 2012 presidential run and $1,000,000 to Trump’s inauguration committee.

David Squires on … a tale of two Jordans and rough justice on Merseyside

Our cartoonist looks back on a wild derby, unwanted workplace interactions and 57-year-old men dancing in empty stadiums

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/20/david-squires-on-a-tale-of-two-jordans-and-rough-justice-on-merseyside

c2a2e7c93a53f56a494a7d628f4ad2e0.jpgf18b652d1299292c255b0ab00c4685f2.jpg89d71244f8fe75ed1f9e63144a559491.jpge45489d1289e63d402c907dfd2adc0a0.jpg

On 20/10/2020 at 6:51 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Totally against it.

The Champions League is the CL for a reason. Teams who win the league all across Europe should be in it automatically. Even if they are smaller clubs or not as financially stable as others or whatever. It will be the European Super League then after however many years it won't be long before the top 6 or 8 PL teams want to go their own way as well and you lose them from the PL. It would kill football.

Yes it guarantees bigger games but as I said in another thread, with regards to the likes of Celtic, Ajax, teams who win titles and are historically huge clubs, they already have to do the CL qualifiers when they've won the titles which is an instant disadvantage so you take these bigger clubs aside like the top 4 in the PL, Bundesliga, Serie A etc your taking them out and killing these clubs without the huge financial backing. 

As someone who has gone to Celtic games regularly during my time studying over the last few years, on the CL nights there really isn't many places better, its an amazing atmosphere and they make a killing off these games financially. Ajax would be the same, the CL money helps them. As would the likes of Kiev, Brugge, the Turkish teams etc. its not fair enough as it is and a European Super League would be even more unfair on these clubs who need CL or the exposure helps them with players that have a stage to show themselves on at a higher level and can secure big moves. For instance the likes of Victor Wanyama, Fraser Forster and Virgil van Dijk would probably never have made it to the PL if they hadn't had European football at Celtic because people frown upon the standard of the SPL. Same with Ziyech, Milik, Eriksen, Sneidjer, de Jong, de Light, Huntelaar, Lozano, Van der Vaart, Depay, van der Beek among countless other guys from Ajax and PSV, they would never have had the opportunity to have made these bigger moves that they have made because people probably think the Dutch league isn't that great either but they had exposure in the CL or Europa League and whatever and probably people would of maybe thought a bit more of them as they would have featured in bigger games.

Its the same with project big picture or whatever Liverpool and United were reportedly trying to push. All its doing is making the rich richer and killing these clubs who don't have the same backing etc, would make the divide already so much bigger than it is already. If people want this at the expense of killing football, yes fair enough but it would be totally different if we were a championship club or say in the Dutch League or Scottish League or Turkish league etc. Even more so now with the COVID scenario, a lot of clubs are probably lucky they are managing to function in the lower leagues and really, instead of making the gap bigger between top to bottom, they should be looking at helping these teams maintain their status and also try and create a much better standard throughout as opposed to let money dictate football as usual, I know footballs a business but it is getting ridiculous. If the Super League does happen, I will be disappointed because as an whole UEFA will again be showing that they do not actually care about the majority of the clubs which they are bodying but only the elite/financially well of ones. 

I think as well the likes of us or Spurs or these teams who aren't as good as a Liverpool or a City etc, we will find out very quickly that our standard isn't necessary as good as many think and that's why having the PL and the CL is great, because you play a variety of teams, in a variety of places. It allows fans of the club in other places as well to get to games more accessible to them too as you've probably seen there are folk on here from all walks of life and all over the world.