The English Football Thread

Steve

I wish Man United were more patient with Mourinho :( They are reborn. It is a dream start schedule for Solskjaer, that must be said. But under Mourinho, They could have at east drawn one of these games :( 

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I wish Man United were more patient with Mourinho :( They are reborn. It is a dream start schedule for Solskjaer, that must be said. But under Mourinho, They could have at east drawn one of these games :( 

Pogbas stopped sulking and back to scoring. Huge help.

Hopefully won't change anything. If we allow them near us... Blehhh. Let's not go shite 

13 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Little extreme to say reborn, for perspective Sherwood had a similar start at Spurs and they beat Fulham by a similar score under Jose to OGS first two games.

Anyway the ideal situation for all United's rivals is Solsjkear does a decent enough job so the United board get caught up in the romantic ideal of a Fergie player being Fergie mark 2 because Poch with the funds United will give him will be a huge problem.

They sacked him at the perfect time when their upcoming fixtures were easy and they can quickly stabilize things. Since the match Solskjaer took over I think they have about 5 easily winnable fixtures in a row.

I'd be starting to worry about them if I was Arsenal. Pretty confident that we won't allow them to become a danger to us.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

They sacked him at the perfect time when their upcoming fixtures were easy and they can quickly stabilize things. Since the match Solskjaer took over I think they have about 5 easily winnable fixtures in a row.

I'd be starting to worry about them if I was Arsenal. Pretty confident that we won't allow them to become a danger to us.

If we did that then would have no one to blame but us.. Id like to think there's no hope in hell but then again.. We have odd games. 

Premier League team of the weekend: Mario Melchiot and Sue Smith choose their line-ups

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11595669/premier-league-team-of-the-weekend-mario-melchiot-and-sue-smith-choose-their-line-ups

skysports-mario-melchiot-graphic_4534237.jpg?20181231140844

"I've gone for a 4-2-3-1 with Alisson in goal. I saw him kicking a ball out against Arsenal - the way he started an attack, on the half-volley as a goalkeeper, I like him. He is more than just a goalkeeper, he's a footballer too.

"In defence, David Luiz is always going to get criticised defensively, but playing against Palace it's key to have a player who can do more than just be defensive. He changed the game with his assist for N'Golo Kante, and the ball was perfect. That's a different skill than just being a defender.

"I thought about having to choose between N'Golo Kante or Georginio Wijnaldum, but Wijnaldum is just so key when you look at the energy and commitment he brought to Liverpool's midfield.

"He won the ball back when he needed to, and it's the same with Fernandinho. He's so important for City. You can see it that without him the team lacks someone who is so vital for them.

"Those two brought magic, Paul Pogba brought magic... Eden Hazard is always trying to cause trouble, everyone in that team produced the goods."

Sue Smith's team..............

snip