The English Football Thread

Steve

On 14/05/2017 at 7:07 PM, Fernando said:

I doubt they win, I expect United to trash them. 

They won't trash the Godenzonen. Ajax are my hometown team so I watch them all the time - the progress made this season has been remarkable. Totaalvoetbal is back, Bosz has done a magnificent job, and honestly, with how free scoring Ajax are, and how much United struggle against high pressing teams... Ajax have a chance. Naturally I'm backing them, but you can't ignore United's individual quality. A win for Ajax is a win for football though (gosh, never thought I'd say that given people always say it against Chelsea). Let's all be Ajacieden for a day and hope that United collapse. 

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/blogs/boilerplate-allincfc/allincfc/lamps-compares-title-teams.html

omg, just look at that starting 11, we would win the league and champions league with that 11, i would switch Costa with Drogba tough.

Cech

Azpi              Terry             Carvalho        Gallas / A. Cole

Makelele                  Kante 

Lampard

Hazard                                                  Robben

Costa / Drogba

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/05/voting-now-open-for-goal-of-the-season.html

vote for the goal of the season, so many great goals to choose from, but i voted for Matic against Tottenham, such a clean strike in to the top corner, amazing goal

11 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/blogs/boilerplate-allincfc/allincfc/lamps-compares-title-teams.html

omg, just look at that starting 11, we would win the league and champions league with that 11, i would switch Costa with Drogba tough.

Cech

Azpi              Terry             Carvalho        Gallas / A. Cole

Makelele                  Kante 

Lampard

Hazard                                                  Robben

Costa / Drogba

There were moments when Chelsea fans discussed for eternity, which one is better Hazard or Robben on the flank, and Lampard come up with a solution, put Robben on the left and Hazard on the right.

4 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

There were moments when Chelsea fans discussed for eternity, which one is better Hazard or Robben on the flank, and Lampard come up with a solution, put Robben on the left and Hazard on the right.

The other way round is actually much more suitable given either's preference for cutting inside. 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

The other way round is actually much more suitable given either's preference for cutting inside. 

they could switch positions in the flanks, much like what Duff and Robben used to do, to give defenders nightmares. @@RoyalBlues

Both Jose & Pep spent too long in Spain. They must've been so arrogant to genuniely believe only Madrid vs. Barcelona matters with all else said; because everything suggests they didn't study 1 other team during their tenures. Sure, they spoke with scouts and whatnot pre-game to scope out who they're against, but neither of them watched the progression of the football world. Neither of them watched the slow rise and declines of other leagues, seemingly.

Both are better brands than managers now. And that's because they put more energy into shaving adverts etc. than re-remembering the basics.
Neither seems like a fan of the game, like they wish they were on the pitch. The managers on top right now do give that energy.

this gives me chills, the sketch art on Pedro´s fast goal vs United, Courtois´s amazing last minute save from Van Aanholt´s shot and Hazard´s amazing solo goal against Arsenal, were all amazing, i wish they would have added Pedro´s strike against Everton tough. Cheers

7 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

this gives me chills, the sketch art on Pedro´s fast goal vs United, Courtois´s amazing last minute save from Van Aanholt´s shot and Hazard´s amazing solo goal against Arsenal, were all amazing, i wish they would have added Pedro´s strike against Everton tough. Cheers

That Hazard goal against Arsenal...I still can't believe it. I'm usually a fan of top corner rockets like the one Matic scored against Spurs, but that's my favorite goal of this season.