The English Football Thread

Steve

Fuck MK-Franchise-Dons though, it's all about AFC Wimbledon.

I have a lot of friends that are Wimbledon fans, they're absolutely gutted. Everyone's loving the club that has tarnished theirs and mocked them for years. The majority of people don't realise the history behind it all. If they saw what MK/Winkelman had done and empathised with Wimbledon they'd realise how bitter sweet the victory actually is.

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I have a lot of friends that are Wimbledon fans, they're absolutely gutted. Everyone's loving the club that has tarnished theirs and mocked them for years. The majority of people don't realise the history behind it all. If they saw what MK/Winkelman had done and empathised with Wimbledon they'd realise how bitter sweet the victory actually is.

The reaction from the goal they scored against MK Dons in the FA Cup was incredible, fans on the pitch and everything.. shame they ended up losing.

The reaction from the goal they scored against MK Dons in the FA Cup was incredible, fans on the pitch and everything.. shame they ended up losing.

I went to the game a few weeks ago they invaded the pitch then as well despite it being 3-1. There were a few Chels there, Arsenal, Woking, Aldershot, Leyton Orient, Swindon. It was crazy. Smoke bombs the lot.

I went to the game a few weeks ago they invaded the pitch then as well despite it being 3-1. There were a few Chels there, Arsenal, Woking, Aldershot, Leyton Orient, Swindon. It was crazy. Smoke bombs the lot.

What did they think of Arse/Chels etc fans turning up?

Love the fact we gave them a friendly too, raises their profile.

I had no idea what you lot were talking about (sorry I'm not from the UK) but have been reading up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon)%C2'> watching youtube clips for the past half an hour. It's a shame they lost the FA cup match. Had they won that they'd have all the ingredients for a hollywood story to make a film. Having lost to MK Dons they still lack a happy ending slash revenge kind of thing. Although promoting 5 times in 9 years isn't too bad :D

Yep, I saw the match and the invaders on the pitch :D The penalty was in the last minute, Wimbledon scored, fans invaded the pitch, went back to the seast and just a few seconds after that they got back on the pitch again after the final whistle and celebrated as they have won the match :D Really nice emotions and I'm sure MK Dons and other clubs would love to have AFC Wimbledon's fans. I really don't know the whole story about this two clubs, but I think I know much and feel sorry for Wimbledon's fans... And I could say that they are my second favourite club in England. :D I'd love to see Wimbledon once again in the PL.

Manutd can't string together 5 passes :fainthv9:

Degea pass to Evans, to Keane, to Anderson to januzaz then cross and lose ball then mk dons on the counter to score and repeat.

They had their first shot on target in the 76th minute :doh:

It's situations like this where parking the bus becomes the best tactics

Van Gaal is being very naive atm, you can't play this type of open football with players like Evans and Anderson still about. You can see the philosophy he's trying to develop but the players aren't there for it at all.

United need at least 3 more top players in my book. 1 CM, 2 defenders.

Van Gaal is being very naive atm, you can't play this type of open football with players like Evans and Anderson still about. You can see the philosophy he's trying to develop but the players aren't there for it at all.

United need at least 3 more top players in my book. 1 CM, 2 defenders.

Someone said this on Twitter yesterday and I thought he was spot on: Pragmatism is a virtue in football. Sticking with a philosophy, not always.