• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

At this point in time if you go through redcafe, you'll notice ManU fans still believe United will come back to the top. I wonder how long will it be until they finally accept their domination era is over and start settling for top 4 every year like Liverpool and Arsenal.

There is no way United will come back to the top anytime soon. Not this season, not the next. They have spent close to 150m this summer (not to mention last season) and over 50% of their team still needs reshaping. Not only have they spent, but they have spent incompetently (e.g. Fellaini, Mata, Herrera).

They would need to spend another 150m EFFICIENTLY to be able to even compete with Chelsea or City for the title. And that will not happen because it won't be long before 2 or 3 consecutive seasons of Champions League deprivation start taking their toll on both the club's finances and its ability to attract stars.

They already find themselves in a position where they must overpay ridiculously in order to get business done in the transfer market. This will only get worse and worse until the Glazers (who never liked the idea of investing in the club) will eventually pull out of this spending spree, which will be met with pressure and anger from the fans.

Maybe I'm over thinking here but I firmly believe Manchester United is done as a serious title contender in England for the next decade.

I don't know about you guys but I rather have city as my competitive team then United and Liverpool.

You might say that city fans are deluded but they are a minority.

There's a lot more United and Liverpool fans. And the media is always sucking up to them.

So I would not mind if for the next 5 years it's only city and Chelsea while Liverpool and United are stuck in mediocrity.

I don't know about you guys but I rather have city as my competitive team then United and Liverpool.

You might say that city fans are deluded but they are a minority.

There's a lot more United and Liverpool fans. And the media is always sucking up to them.

So I would not mind if for the next 5 years it's only city and Chelsea while Liverpool and United are stuck in mediocrity.

Of course, anyone but Liverpool.

Always thought they needed a world-class CB who can distribute the ball and a true CM/DM more than they needed Di Maria. He obviously strengthened them and he can play in midfield, but their squad is very unbalanced right now. They have too many attacking players that don't work well together(RVP, Rooney, Mata) and there's no "glue" between defence, midfield and attack.

They have poor CB'S but if you watch their gameplay closely, when the centerbacks get the ball no one comes back to offer a passing option so the CB's are forced to play long balls or risk losing the ball 90% of the time.

They need a CM that comes back to dictate play, and they need to stop playing 3 slow attackers together. An attacking trio of rooney RvP Mata is dead slow. No single player that can beat a man there