The English Football Thread

Steve

I'd say they should go 4-2-3-1 too if they want to fit in their best players.

RVP

Mata - Rooney - Di Maria

Herrera - Fellaini

Shaw - Rojo - Smalling/Jones - Rafael

DDG

Is probably their best XI, that isn't too bad but the midfield and defence is still very, very average.

But Mata isn't as good on the wings. And Rooney is always bitching about playing out of position.

• Replies 65.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

RVP

Mata - Rooney - Di Maria

Herrera - Fellaini

DDG

Is probably their best XI, that isn't too bad but the midfield and defence is still very, very average.

attack GOOD or very good

keeper Good

mid field 2 A poor average

back 4 below average Championship standard

RVP

Mata - Rooney - Di Maria

Herrera - Fellaini

DDG

On paper yes but I am not sure about mata on the wing and rooney as no 10. Both player does not like playing on the wing and imo mata is a better no 10 than rooney.

They probably should play Di maria on the left, valencia on the right, mata as no 10 and RVP up top by himself.

On paper yes but I am not sure about mata on the wing and rooney as no 10. Both player does not like playing on the wing and imo mata is a better no 10 than rooney.

They probably should play Di maria on the left, valencia on the right, mata as no 10 and RVP up top by himself.

Rooney has to play, he's captain and on 300k a week lol.

I remember jones was hyped as the next big thing then He was played all over the place by Fergie.

Not sure he is that good now

Fergie ruined him by playing him all over the place. He should've been allowed to learn/improve his trade at CB.

That's true, but if they want to play their best players together certain players will have to make sacrifices.

But Mata is a better #10, and playing him out of position for a lesser player at that position doesn't make sense.

RVP-Rooney

Mata-Di Maria

Herrera-Fellaini

Shaw-Rojo-Smalling-Jones

4-2-2-2 [emoji4]

But Mata is a better #10, and playing him out of position for a lesser player at that position doesn't make sense.

RVP-Rooney

Mata-Di Maria

Herrera-Fellaini

Shaw-Rojo-Smalling-Jones

4-2-2-2 [emoji4]

4-2-2-2 is essentially a permutation of 4-2-3-1... Man City do it well but they have the players to do so. Mata will still have to go out wide (like Silva), Rooney will still have to drop deep (like Aguero)... They really didn't buy well. It's a mess.

4-2-2-2 is essentially a permutation of 4-2-3-1... Man City do it well but they have the players to do so. Mata will still have to go out wide (like Silva), Rooney will still have to drop deep (like Aguero)... They really didn't buy well. It's a mess.

Well, they're fucked. Not to mention the best player on their bench is Januzaj who is like those guys^. They are in BIG trouble.

The state of Uniteds squad looks similar to ours in 2011.

Most of the squad former good players past their best or not good enough, that's a leathel combination for all the wrong reasons.

Very good point, we went through 2 seasons looked absolutely like a shit team.

RVP-Rooney

Mata-Di Maria

Herrera-Fellaini

Shaw-Rojo-Smalling-Jones

4-2-2-2 [emoji4]

Without a proper defensive/holding midfielder, how do you play 4-2-2-2?

They scrapped against the top teams but beat all the smaller teams by an RVP goal.

Not to mention the ridiculous officiating. I'll never forget the way we were conned out of a point at the Bridge that season.

Some say they're sympathetic towards United fans and that they're a reasonable lot when compared to the bindippers and the spreadsheet army (not that hard to accomplish) .. and while that's probably true, I say fuck 'em - 'reasonable' is not a word I'd associate with the ones I've known for years and years. They were unbearably arrogant and disrespectful when they were on top.

Not to mention the ridiculous officiating. I'll never forget the way we were conned out of a point at the Bridge that season.

Some say they're sympathetic towards United fans and that they're a reasonable lot when compared to the bindippers and the spreadsheet army (not that hard to accomplish) .. and while that's probably true, I say fuck 'em - 'reasonable' is not a word I'd associate with the ones I've known for years and years. They were unbearably arrogant and disrespectful when they were on top.

I think the notion that they are "reasonable" comes from English fans. International united fans are up there with the Liverpool and Barca fans in delusion and idiocy. In my experience, at least.