Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Manchester United are not planning to sit down with striker @WayneRooney to discuss a new contract. #CFC #MUFC (Mail)

Manchester United are unlikely to offer @WayneRooney a new contract with Chelsea increasingly keen to make a bid (Telegraph) #CFC #MUFC

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His explosive pace and ability to take players on was what made him so dangerous and such a great talent when he was young, since he started losing his pace and became more injury prone, he started using his brain more, and if you have a great footballing brain you can use that when playing as a number 10, that is where a great football brain is most effective! but not so much as a striker which is the position we need filing! Rooney is a number 10 now, a very good number 10 so i don't know why people mention his football brain, as we already have players with great football brains, we dont need another player with one, what we need is a world class striker! Rooney hasn't played as a striker for a long time now! he is not the answer.

Who needs a striker, the game has moved on, as has out style.... the ability to link up and bring others into the game is far more important. Torres is judged not just on goals but his inability to hold up play and allow out midfield to catch up.

Drogba wast quick, certainly not in his later years, what made him great was his ability to relieve pressure, bring others into the game and be in the right place at the right time.

Rooney has all of that, he is clinical, with a great touch, ability to hold of defenders and being others into play. To say otherwise is plain wrong.

Despite of his performance that not good last season when SAF put him in the Attacking Midfielder,,i'm little bit concern of his injury history...

i4jsio.jpg

in 2012/2013 he has been injury 3 times,,which is one of them is knee injury and it's happened to El nino before he join us. i'm worried about his finishing touch will decline due to intensity of injury prone he have...

Despite of his performance that not good last season when SAF put him in the Attacking Midfielder,,i'm little bit concern of his injury history...

i4jsio.jpg

in 2012/2013 he has been injury 3 times,,which is one of them is knee injury and it's happened to El nino before he join us. i'm worried about his finishing touch will decline due to intensity of injury prone he have...

To be fare the flesh wound doesn't count.... So that's two in a season, pretty sure most players suffer a couple a year.

Would be more concerned if they were recurring problems, would indicate a serious issue.

Crespo, kezman, Sheva, and torres.

Join rooney so we can add you to the list of flops.

Strikers at Chelsea flop really bad unless their name is Drogba.

Dixon Eidur Vialli JFH ...and those are recent strikers

I do not see how the 'injury prone' debate is worth raising. Robin van Persie is or perhaps was a very injury prone striker but has that stopped him from scoring 60 goals during the past two seasons? Of course that is just one example but Rooney's injury list reads out similar to van Persie's. A lot of small niggling injuries but few if no major injuries. And of course he is a very fit and hard working player. He isn't at the level of Cristiano Ronaldo or Javier Zanetti for taking care of his body and fitness but he is heads and shoulder above the likes of Alex Pato and Ronaldinho whose lifestyle is counter productive to longevity in football. Nor does he have the unfortunate luck of Owen Hargreaves. It's been said that if Rooney worked harder he could be at CR7's level. That's not saying he doesn't work hard or that he isn't great that's just saying he could work harder and he could put in that extra mile everyday.

All in all his:

fitness isn't as awful as people believe it to be.

injury problems aren't a cause for too much concern. No major injuries like torn muscles or broken legs.

last season has been the only season where he has played under 40 games of club football for ManUtd. But if England is taken into account he easily played over 40 games last season.

Course he isn't! Why else would he go back to England, other than for career reasons, when he can chill on the beaches of Australia, watch his team spoof all over the a-league all stars and have an extended holiday?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You