Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was me on the wrong end of those Quotes id be speaking to my agent quick smart today. Moyes has just belittled him publicly

Moyes before these comments was papering over cracks with all that spiel about "he won't be sold" blah blah, these comments now suggest to me there is a rift here and like said above, I'd be having words with my agent if I were him.

I don´t think that Moyes means that Rooney will sit on the bench.He says that Rooney will play as a center forward,when RVP is injured,but he will play him as an AM,when RVP is not injured.

It would be also a big mistake to buy Rooney,because he is out of form.He is injured,so he will need a lot of time to get to his best level and I do not belive that will ever get to his best form.I also think that RVP is much better than Rooney.If we really buy Rooney,I am very sure that he will be our new Torres and I do not want a new Torres.I already hate our Torres here,so why we need a new one?Get Suarez,because he is the best striker in the PL.Suarez is in form and he is much better than Rooney.

Buying Rooney would be a big mistake.Please Mourinho,don´t buy him.

Huge mistake to sell rooney, a player who can spray long passes, score long rangers and give you 110% workrate to a direct rival. I dont see the logic in that for them.

If I'm honest I don't know where all of this praising of his workrate has come from. Yeah he used to put in a massive shift every game but he's certainly not that player any more. IMO he's closer to being lazy than he is to being a hard worker. Now that's not to say that he wouldn't work for Jose because I think he's fairly coachable, but I definitely wouldn't say workrate is a strength of his

Is it me or does it feel that the United job is overwhelming him?

I know it's too soon, but a top coach would do better than that.

No kidding, what a stupid thing to publicly say that Rooney is going to be a backup lol. I don't see how Rooney stays, but I don't see them selling him to us either, so not sure where he goes.

Hum, it will be an interesting situation to watch. Not that I am interested to know whether Rooney will leave or not ; the interesting thing is to see how Manchester and more precisely Moyes handles the situation. And it can be a good news for us, and for all the clubs wanting to compete for the title this season.

Indeed, Moyes is quite new to the job. Until now, he has only coached Everton (and another random small club) ; it is a new experience to coach one of the biggest club in the world, star players and this under the high demand of results. It's quite another challenge that he has to face. Will he manage to overcome obstacles ? Or will he be overwhelmed by the situation, in the same fashion that André Villas-Boas was when he came here ?

He has naturally a high amount of pressure on his shoulders, because he replaces one of the best manager in history, a Manchester Legend and after all, he doesn't have the C.V. to shut all the doubters. Moreover, after what, one month ? he has lost his first game (even if it's for nothing) and has to handle the will to leave of one of the most powerful players of their squad.

At the lights of the evolvement of the situation, it looks like that Moyes is starting to lose the plot and to be overwhelmed by what's going on. At first, he was only saying that Rooney was not for sale — without telling us the player's wish, which somehow proves that Rooney isn't that much agree with that.

Though, now the song has changed. It's no more about Rooney not being for sale, it's about Rooney not being bigger than the club. Moyes said this in that interview : "I won't allow Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club and the football team, because that's the heart of it.". Into my eyes, this quote tells us a lot, because it confirms that Rooney takes the club into ransom either to get a pay-rise or to leave ; it also confirms that Rooney didn't gave his consent to stay at the club. Otherwise, Moyes wouldn't have said that, would he ?

And then Moyes goes on and says "Overall, my thought on Wayne is, if for any reasons we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him," in a weak attempt to tell Rooney who's the boss. It's not wise to take a dig at one of your players throughout the medias. Especially when you're the "newbie" and that the player is more powerful than you. And when you start to drag your unsolved problems into the medias' lights like Moyes has done by doing this interview... I don't know, it just doesn't give you the feeling that Moyes has the situation under control.

At this rate, the situation will get tougher for Moyes. Rooney will surely not be happy about these quotes. I can easily see a 'war' starting between them two ; and Moyes won't come out as the winner. And at the end of the day, should Rooney stay or leave, Moyes will be the loser, because either way he will lose some of his credibility ; if he leaves, they will lose one of their best players (even if he's off form) and if he stays they will have an unhappy players hanging around which will probably cause troubles.

So yeah, as I aforementioned, this situation kinda reminds me of the one when Boas was at our club. To stamp his authority Moyes took a challenge to big for him, and he will probably lose his front teeth (that's what I believe). And because of it, United could be in a sad state at the start of the season.

Yeah what he said. :-)

There was this guy named Tomo something that always used to say that just because they did good in a smaller team does not equate to big success in a bigger team.

Examples like Hodgson from fulham to Liverpool. Big Sam to rovers. Mark Hughes to City and such more.

I know it's early, but im starting to see comparison's to Roy at Liverpool. Naive comment's and seems like he is struggling to adapt to the step up in terms of exposure, expectation and so on.

It will be interesting how he adapt, i remember Roy still had the Fulham mentality at Liverpool, calling a win at Bolton a "famous victory" and saying "we deserved our point" after a 2-2 draw to Sunderland at home. I wonder is Moyes will struggle to the change of mentality aswell, we will soon find out.

Yeah what he said. :-)

There was this guy named Tomo something that always used to say that just because they did good in a smaller team does not equate to big success in a bigger team.

Examples like Hodgson from fulham to Liverpool. Big Sam to rovers. Mark Hughes to City and such more.

:lol: just as you mention that, so do i

Big Sam's different tho, he will win the double every season at Chelsea or United, he said so ;)

If I'm honest I don't know where all of this praising of his workrate has come from. Yeah he used to put in a massive shift every game but he's certainly not that player any more. IMO he's closer to being lazy than he is to being a hard worker. Now that's not to say that he wouldn't work for Jose because I think he's fairly coachable, but I definitely wouldn't say workrate is a strength of his

U sure? :o

Rooney is a work horse, even more than tevez in my opinion. If there's one thing im sure of about rooney, its his work rate.

:lol: just as you mention that, so do i

Big Sam's different tho, he will win the double every season at Chelsea or United, he said so ;)

Oh that was you?

I was wondering if that was you as your style of writing was similar.

I guess you just shorten your name to just Tomo, nice. B)

I know it's early, but im starting to see comparison's to Roy at Liverpool. Naive comment's and seems like he is struggling to adapt to the step up in terms of exposure, expectation and so on.

It will be interesting how he adapt, i remember Roy still had the Fulham mentality at Liverpool, calling a win at Bolton a "famous victory" and saying "we deserved our point" after a 2-2 draw to Sunderland at home. I wonder is Moyes will struggle to the change of mentality aswell, we will soon find out.

Yeah that was fun to see that, as well with "King" Kenny. :D

Now with the David Moyes thing, people think that we are back in the early 90's where clubs and fans are going to be patient with you. The environment that where Ferguson once entered is totally different today.

In today's world because all these clubs have big sponsorship and big money controlling the game, the pressure to do good is big.

You can't go two or three seasons with out doing much of anything and think everything is cool.

Especially when you are talking about Manchester United.

It is one of the biggest brand in the world of football. It was not so when Ferguson enter, so that a lone also heaps more pressure on Moyes.

I think this first year the club will cut Moyes some slack. But don't expect him to get many years of failure like Ferguson got when he came to United.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You