Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Oh that was you?

I was wondering if that was you as your style of writing was similar.

I guess you just shorten your name to just Tomo, nice. B)

Yeah that was fun to see that, as well with "King" Kenny. :D

Now with the David Moyes thing, people think that we are back in the early 90's where clubs and fans are going to be patient with you. The environment that where Ferguson once entered is totally different today.

In today's world because all these clubs have big sponsorship and big money controlling the game, the pressure to do good is big.

You can't go two or three seasons with out doing much of anything and think everything is cool.

Especially when you are talking about Manchester United.

It is one of the biggest brand in the world of football. It was not so when Ferguson enter, so that a lone also heaps more pressure on Moyes.

I think this first year the club will cut Moyes some slack. But don't expect him to get many years of failure like Ferguson got when he came to United.

If Moyes doesn't atleast have them challenging striaght away, the fans will be on his back, a fair chunk of them were calling for Fergie to in their words "do the right thing and retire" during their run in 01-06 when they got one title pretty much by default (due to Arsenal's biggest bottle job in PL history). Not sure about the board but if Moyes struggles the fans will call for his head, no doubt about it. Which will be quite funny after the preaching they have done to us down the years.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm honest I don't know where all of this praising of his workrate has come from. Yeah he used to put in a massive shift every game but he's certainly not that player any more. IMO he's closer to being lazy than he is to being a hard worker. Now that's not to say that he wouldn't work for Jose because I think he's fairly coachable, but I definitely wouldn't say workrate is a strength of his

Here are a few examples that support the notion that Rooney has a better work rate than most forwards especially defensively. Here are the Squawka "action area" graphs from a couple of random matches he played at the tail of last season.

Against Arsenal where he played as a striker:

image.png

And in the 3-0 win against Villa where he played as an attacking midfielder:

image.png

In comparison, here are a couple for Torres (from his better days here) in the 2-2 draw against Spurs and the 2-1 win against Everton in the last game:

image.pngimage.png

And finally in comparison to Ba from our 1-0 win against United (in the league):

image.png

As you can clearly see, Rooney has a much bigger tendency to track back and defend. He spends a lot more time in his own half to help his team out most significantly in the area just outside his own box where you usually most need an extra man from attack to help you defend.

Here we go

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/14/wayne-rooney-david-moyes-manchester-united

Wayne Rooney warned by David Moyes over Manchester United pecking order

Wayne Rooney has been left in no doubt regarding his position at Manchester United with David Moyes, the manager, issuing a stark message that the striker is considered vital only if "we had an injury to Robin van Persie".

Ed Woodward, United's executive vice-chairman, also underlined the hardline stance towards Rooney, claiming the club have no fear of a player's deal running down.

"Wayne can play up on his own, he can play dropped in. Overall my thought on Wayne is, if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him," said Moyes, speaking in Bangkok before United flew to Sydney for the next leg of their tour.

"I want to be able to play the two of them, I want to use Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernández as well. I want to give myself as many options as possible."

As reported in the Observer last week, United are relaxed about Rooney not signing a new deal. Woodward said: "There are no contract renewals that are being discussed. I am not sitting down with any player on an extension and there is no trigger date in the diary. Would we be afraid to run a contract down? Of course not."

I guess United feel they can stubborn on the Rooney front. I for sure no football expert. But I just can't see the logic in letting a player who doesn't even want to be there run his contract all the way down and get nothing for him on the free transfer. The longer they wait to sell him the less they'll get. Maybe this is payback for previous disparaging comments Rooney made about Moyes. But supposedly they made up after that and surely Moues can't convince the Glazers to keep a player just to spite him......

I understand maybe Moyes said something like that to show Rooney who is the boss, but is that a right words to say in the moment like this? I don't think so.

Right. I was quick to agree that Moyes was for sure the right man for that job. But he definitely needs some work on handling interviews at this level.

I understand maybe Moyes said something like that to show Rooney who is the boss, but is that a right words to say in the moment like this? I don't think so.

I pretty sure the media twisted his words like always.

Eden Hazard: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney would be welcome at Chelsea.

."Rooney would be a brilliant signing," Hazard said.

"He's a great player who has the experience andhe's still only young, at 27.

"He's got a few years left to play.

But it's not up tome. It's not my decision."

You get Rooney if you are a desperate bastard.

How can you be so stupid? We need a striker not a fat fuck.

This is a shit transfer! Wake up!

Did we say we wanted him ? Reread and ..... No ! Now who is the dumbass?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You