Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Wow so much hate, ppl keen to blow 25m on Benteke "The One Season Wonder", but screaming no for Rooney!

He isn't finished, he was never about explosive pace, he great attribute is his footballing brain. He would be amazing an at 25m is hardly the giant risk your making out, hell he would make that up in shirt sales in hi first year here.

The game has changed, players have all the power especially in the last 2 years of a contract. Do you really think Wenger wanted to sell RVP to Utd? Utd are a PLC, they think £££ first, football second.

So what he stuck his finger up at some Chelsea fans.... Do you guys go to the games? Do you hear the abuse he gets from us? Fair okay to him I say, I'd do the same! Do I like the man? No. Do I like the player? Yes. Because he is going to make a difference when ever he plays.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was never about explosive pace, he great attribute is his footballing brain.

His explosive pace and ability to take players on was what made him so dangerous and such a great talent when he was young, since he started losing his pace and became more injury prone, he started using his brain more, and if you have a great footballing brain you can use that when playing as a number 10, that is where a great football brain is most effective! but not so much as a striker which is the position we need filing! Rooney is a number 10 now, a very good number 10 so i don't know why people mention his football brain, as we already have players with great football brains, we dont need another player with one, what we need is a world class striker! Rooney hasn't played as a striker for a long time now! he is not the answer.

Oh look, fat boy is injured before even kicking a ball...I for one am shocked! Shocked I say!

He has struggled with his fitness this season and it's only going to get worse. It took him all fucking season and he's still not fully fit

:Goober:

Are you all mad? You're making it sound like he's some mediocre scrub 'on the decline' who has nothing to offer.

Perhaps reflect for a minute, look beyond the 'fat' man, forget his gestures towards our fans (which for some fucked up reason is enough for some to not want him here).

He's a rare breed of player, a striker who is technically solid, creative, a good passer and can score goals. If we're suffering with injuries he could easily step in as CAM.

A Rooney/Lukaku strike force could be devastating; I pray this deal goes through.

Are you all mad? You're making it sound like he's some mediocre scrub 'on the decline' who has nothing to offer.

Perhaps reflect for a minute, look beyond the 'fat' man, forget his gestures towards our fans (which for some fucked up reason is enough for some to not want him here).

He's a rare breed of player, a striker who is technically solid, creative, a good passer and can score goals. If we're suffering with injuries he could easily step in as CAM.

A Rooney/Lukaku strike force could be devastating; I pray this deal goes through.

1. Oh the irony.

2. Step into the position we currently have an overflow of players for.

Rooney currently has a 'niggling' injury which usually translates to a long-term problem - while Mata, Oscar and Hazard hardly missed a game all last season.

People have been on here for weeks saying that his fitness is a problem and now he is injured before pre-season; I don't think it's a coincidence. I think it should say something and I don't think it should be dismissed simply because of stuff he has done in the past. In the more recent past he missed most of the season and still wasn't fit by the end of it. And if it truly 'wasn't a big deal' I'm sure he wouldn't have to fly all the way back to Manchester, no? I don't want the club to risk being stuck with one of, if not the, highest earning player in the PL who lives in the treatment room...I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, just realistic.

This is the last i'll say on Rooney: I think some people are having the 'Torres' mindset again. I mean this in terms of simply focusing on the big name of the player and his past glories, instead of the player he is now.

1. Oh the irony.

2. Step up to the position we currently have an overflow of players for.

Rooney currently has a 'niggling' injury which usually translates to a long-term problem - while Mata, Oscar and Hazard hardly missed a game all last season.

People have been on here for weeks saying that his fitness is a problem and now he is injured before pre-season; I don't think it's a coincidence. I think it should say something and I don't think it should be dismissed simply because of stuff he has done in the past. In the more recent past he missed most of the season and still wasn't fit by the end of it. And if it truly 'wasn't a big deal' I'm sure he wouldn't have to fly all the way back to Manchester, no? I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, just realistic.

This is the last i'll say on Rooney: I think some people are having the 'Torres' mindset again. I mean this in terms of simply focusing on the big name of the player and his past glories, instead of the player he is now.

People can say his fitness is a problem all they want, fact is he hasn't been as lean and fit in years as he is now. Not sure why this injury proves he's not fit or will translate to a long-term problem. This stuff happens, he's isn't that old that he won't recover..

He needs to keep his fitness level up more during the season I agree, but the fact that he's been burning that fat for next season seems like a good sign to me.

The fact that he flew back to England is understandable as well, a hamstring injury takes at least 3 weeks to heal. Fuck, maybe he's not injured and wants to get back to England to discuss a contract.

PS: I judge players by their performances, not their names

Torres was seriously declining when we bought him although it was hard to see at the time. Rooney had a fantastic year last season. He had 12 goals and 10 assists in 22 starts despite playing mostly out of position. I can't understand how people are acting as if he was useless or a shadow of the player he was. He's still a terrific player.

People can say his fitness is a problem all they want, fact is he hasn't been as lean and fit in years as he is now. Not sure why this injury proves he's not fit or will translate to a long-term problem. This stuff happens, he's isn't that old that he won't recover..

He needs to keep his fitness level up more during the season I agree, but the fact that he's been burning that fat for next season seems like a good sign to me.

The fact that he flew back to England is understandable as well, a hamstring injury takes at least 3 weeks to heal. Fuck, maybe he's not injured and wants to get back to England to discuss a contract.

PS: I judge players by their performances, not their names

Well, I suppose we'll just have to wait until the season starts to find out what level he's really at!

Torres was seriously declining when we bought him although it was hard to see at the time. Rooney had a fantastic year last season. He had 12 goals and 10 assists in 22 starts despite playing mostly out of position. I can't understand how people are acting as if he was useless or a shadow of the player he was. He's still a terrific player.

I wasn't drawing comparrisons to Torres, only how people view the players. No one can ever flop as hard as Torres.

Yeah sure, he'll be able to do a job - every now and then. Not just because of possible injuries, but because he's the most inconsistent striker in the league. (Torres doesn't count!) And the fact is, he is just not the same player from 3, even 2, years ago. He's just not.

I've listed my reasons why I don't want him here, I'm not doing it again. Look at my original posts in May 9th for that!

According to @tancredipalmeri, Chelsea have contacted Rooney's agent. #CFC #MUFC

Kill him if this is the same tancredi that sell shit news all over the place

Sent from my iPhone using Genjutsu

Sports Journalist. Worked for Sky Sports previously

Liam Ashton ‏@LiamAshtonSSN

BREAKING: Chelsea and Manchester United have agreed a fee of £30m for Wayne Rooney.

:ph34r:

I know u got the news when u are here love u man no homo

Sent from my iPhone using Genjutsu

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You