Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what has been wrong with Rooney's level of play this season?

Not so much his performances but more his commitment and fitness levels. Fergie may sense he is on the decline (he has been playing for well over a decade) and may be looking to cash in.

He looks much more out of shape then he did three or four years ago.

We don't need to buy another 27 year old striker who is physically on the decline and brings a lot of baggage to the club. We have Ba and Lukaku - let's focus on other areas on the pitch and maybe supplementing those two guys with a third option.

Agree with this, the last time we bought a 27 year old striker on the decline it turned up so well! Besides, if SAF thinks hes on a decline and want to cash in then there must be a big issue with Rooney. No matter how some people hate SAF he is one of the best coaches and hes rarely misjudged players

We don't need to buy another 27 year old striker who is physically on the decline and brings a lot of baggage to the club. We have Ba and Lukaku - let's focus on other areas on the pitch and maybe supplementing those two guys with a third option.

He is not a striker, and if we do buy him i could see him replacing Lampard for a few years while the likes of De Bruyne, Chalobah and Mceachran develop into future first team players.

He is not a striker, and if we do buy him i could see him replacing Lampard for a few years while the likes of De Bruyne, Chalobah and Mceachran develop into future first team players.

So we're going to stick him in the double pivot? He may well have the ability to move back into the pack like Scholes did, but if that was definitely the case then I can see another team who are crying out for a replacement for an ageing midfielder being interested in him.

They'd have a slight advantage being that they already own him.

Well it would be funny to see Rooney hated by the English public if he signs for Chelsea.

English + Chelsea = Evil, hateful creature that needs to be shunned and shammed by the English media and public.

yeah, Rooney in the double pivot.

Great player,

His work rate and aggression is something we are desperately needing.

Who cares if he's a prick as a person, it's his ability we should think about.

Lets face it its not like all our players shit don't stink !

He would improve any team he goes to.

Also would be funny to see him shout at Torres to pull his finger out lol.

Lmao, I was wondering how long it would take for this to pop up.

But no thanks. He's never come through in a big match in his career and he won't begin now. Not to mention his wage demands etc.

That is one bad comparison.

Maybe so. But some ppl have already mention that they dont see Rooney as a pure striker (Falcao, RvP) - and i agree. Rooney is best in a free role, and we already have Hazard and Mata, and i rate them higher than Rooney.

IF we would go after a striker (hope not, Lukaku, Ba and a third choice is enough), Falcao would be the best fit.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You