Wayne Rooney

J.F.

At this point I don't even give a shit what we pay for him. I would do just about anything to see Rooney score the winner in a blue shirt against United in that second match.

If Jose wants him as badly as it seems he does, I wish we'd stop pissing around with bids we know will be rejected. Rooney is a player who'll need a good preseason to get I'm ready. If we're gonna buy him it needs to be soon so he can get started with the team. It's already gonna be hard enough with all of the attention he'd get.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£40m is way too much as Rooney is on ridiculous wages already at Manchester United and won't settle for less if he moves. Getting him for that price would mean an overall investment of more than £100m over the length of the contract.

£30m is the highest I would go to. If United won't sell for that, we should just tell them to go fuck themselves and then go back in with another £30m bid on deadline day when their options would be to either accept £30m and get the unhappy player off their wage bill or keep him and lose another £12m paying wages for a player who doesn't want to play for the club anymore and not to mention them having to sell for a cut-price next summer anyway with Rooney's contract expiring in 2015. I'm quite sure they will sell him for a reasonable price, we just need to call their bluff and not go in guns blazing and offering them everything they could possibly ask for.

agree with the people on here. 30 m would be already enough, because his wages are immense. maybe 30+5 on add-ons or something like this. if they dont accept, well, go on. but if its true that he is our only target I could imagine that we will pay a lot.

Meanwhile Daily Mirror:

The new United boss has failed to pacify the England striker and Chelsea are now poised to return with a new £25million bid for the ­striker.
The Blues are determined to get their man and are likely to raise their bid to the £30m mark if necessary.
25m seems more likely to me.
"Rooney is prepared to demand a transfer to force a move to Chelsea" The Sunday Times

Should up our bid only about 250k every day, there is a lot time before deadline. We are always on the winning side, and interesting to see how Moyes will deal with this situation. Still will be surprise if he sign, think they wont sell to us.

I dont think United will sell him. only possibility is maybe that he goes on strike, which he wont do. chances are maybe at 10 % if not even lower to get him.

Like Torres, he will repay the transfer fee in kit sales & merchandise alone. Also all his 'independent' deals (which he has a lot of) have stipulations where a certain percentage of whatever Rooney is paid from them goes to the club. Something like 20%.

The only potential issue or worry worth mulling over is wages. The transfer fee quite frankly is irrelevant when you sign a proper top player who's a brand themselves, regardless whether they're at their peak or not.

We could have (potentially) signed Beckham from LA Galaxy for £20m and would have made that money back.

Like Torres, he will repay the transfer fee in kit sales & merchandise alone. Also all his 'independent' deals (which he has a lot of) have stipulations where a certain percentage of whatever Rooney is paid from them goes to the club. Something like 20%.

The only potential issue or worry worth mulling over is wages. The transfer fee quite frankly is irrelevant when you sign a proper top player who's a brand themselves, regardless whether they're at their peak or not.

We could have (potentially) signed Beckham from LA Galaxy for £20m and would have made that money back.

Oh you old dog! Totally right, I would buy a couple of kits to support his transfer fee.

------- Rooney --------

Hazard - KDB - Mata

/me jizz

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 9m

Wayne Rooney is prepared to demand a transfer to force through a move from Old Trafford to Chelsea (Times) #CFC #MUFC

The media have been saying this since the last day of the season and it still hasn't happened. Getting rather tiresome now. Wish Rooney would make a statement one way or another.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You