Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

There is no "perfect" manager. No single great team became like that because of a single person in charge. The recipe for a great team always takes a large dose of trust among players and leaders, we CAN'T achieve that with new managers every season. It should have spoken volumes how quickly Carlo latched onto the program and took the club to great heights.

Not a single chelsea fan should be genuinely proud of losing Carlo, he represented the club with class and dignity, respected the players and loved the fans. We couldn't ask for anything more out of a leader.

Get past this idea of expendability in our structure. It is whats gotta happen for this club to make the next step to greatness.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good decision. I am grateful for Carlo's service to the club. However with the way things were running at the present it was hard for me to even imagine how next season would go under Carlo's management. Never giving youth a chance, never punishing established players for shite performances all season, making scapegoats of other players (Luiz), having the team play shite football, never having a plan B when in trouble, making baffling substitutions time after time, not being able to motivate the players to start a game properly (we only start playing after going a goal down). These are the managerial accomplishments of Carlo this season.

Do not feel too sorry for him. He got 7 million pounds for not doing his job. This can only happen in football.

No sensible coach, who feels something towards this club, will ever accept this job - knowing that even a historic double will not keep you safe. The only managers we can be after are the ones who are interested in money. No wonder we are hated by other fans and we are a fucking laughing stock. This is embarrasing.

Carlo, I feel so sorry for you. These last weeks must have been difficult, you probably knew it was coming. Thank you for all, you did something no-one had managed before and you can be proud of it. You must only understand that this is Chelsea FC and Roman Abramovich. Good luck, wherever you go.

This thread is going nowhere anymore. Carlo is sacked.

Its a very sad day, because its never nice when a manager gets sacked, specially after his achievement last season. Carlo is also a very nice guy.

But its also gimme hope that its the beginning of a new era at Chelsea.

Henrique, is that you? :D

Its a shame not that people like you support Chelsea, but its a shame that there are people in the world like you. Just accept different opinions. This is just football mate, this is not an opinion about a politic or a religious subject.

Calm down.

Be cool.

Did you recognized yourself from his reply?

It doesn't make much sense tbh, we had a bad season but bad seasons are there to improve and have a good season next year. I think Carlo is probably quite happy tho, he came, he saw, he won the premiership and FA Cup for his collection, he got paid off £7m and now can go home. He's actually lucky to be out of Chelsea and i feel sorry for the next guy who accepts this impossible challenge in making Roman Happy.

Granted we'll play good football under Van Basten and in the mid 90's, Van Basten did train with Chelsea for a spell. If he comes, i'd love to see Ruud Gullit back as his number 2.... Then i could say i'm happy. The reality is tho that the new manager probably will not be here come the end of 2013. Would be nice to see some dutch players come in tho, a Brazilian, dutch all star team sounds nice but it'll start getting out of hand like Real Madrid. The last thing i wanna see is Chelsea to be like Real Madrid from say 2002-2011.

Jose's Chelsea didn't have a huge array of superstars, he bought players to fit a system and a style and it worked and we so nearly got the ucl multiple times. Now we're going for superstars and the cohesion aint there and our UCL campaigns are getting worse. Just like Real Madrid of recent years.

Nothing will ever compare to the team spirit of 2004/2007.

:goodpost: Agree with that ollie -by the way Roman can you sack that useless cunt Emanalo while youre at it - I think he so insignificant you forgot about him

Roman's a mug. He wanted attacking football.

Make your mind up, gaffer.

The way it was done was applling if true -in a corridor at Goodison. :no: All i can think was Abramovich was angry at yesterdays performance, but there are better ways to dispense with people.

Time to move on now.

Carlo is just another hero in our long list of managers in recent years. We must maintain respect for him when he comes back to the Bridge and support the next manager till he's fired & so on.. Carefree & all.

The turning point was the sacking of Ray Wilkins.

Its evident.

After the sacking of RW, came the bad patch of form. It was then and we all know what happened to Carlo.

Its evident.

After the sacking of RW, came the bad patch of form. It was then and we all know what happened to Carlo.

Am i the only one that thinks it was more than that?

To be honest the Sunderland thrashing was coming for weeks and if it weren't for Cech it would have happened against Wolves, the game at Villa Park was the start of the decline in displays but for a few weeks we were getting away with it, im not too sure if Wilkins leaving was the sole reason.

Its evident.

agree the sacking of Wilkins was a contributing factor ...and we ended so close ,,so who knows what might have been?

Guest Homer2Chelsea

Roman is so damn stupid, how did he become a billionaire business man?

clever and ruthless in business ,,,but not well advised in football matters ,,or doesn't listen to it ... strange but it's a common trait with successful men in business coming late into football

After the collapse of Communism the Russian assets (we are taliking billions and billions of dollars here, about a third of the Worlds natural resources) were put in the hands of a permanently drunk bum called Yeltsin.

Eighteen Jewish Russian business men were waiting in the wings to buy these assets at a fraction of their real worth.......

Thank you Carlo (for the double and continuing the upward thread after Hiddink's short stint. Looking at it in the cold light of the stats, it was a foregone conclusion. I have kept five stats from 2004 on and this season comes bottom on all but one. Bottom for:

1. Winning Run: 6 (joint with 2009)
  2. Bottom for non-losing run: 7
  3. Bottom for the number of non-scoring games: 11
  4. Bottom for Total Clean Sheets: 20

The only one that is not bottom is Clean Sheet Run: 5 - beaten by Ancelotti himself last year with a clean sheet run of 4.