Alexis Sanchez

milllz

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted him when he was at Udinese, very impressive and quick player. Now, while i don't watch fucking Barca, i hear their fans always complaining about him, so not sure.

Edit: "Sanchez has scored five goals in all competitions for Barca this season" damn, that's a really poor figure for a forward at this stage of the season.

Sometimes things don't work out for certain players at certain clubs, if we get him we could bring out his Udinese form again.

Duff is an example, he didn't work out at Newcastle, they sold him to Fulham and all off a sudden we saw the form he displayed for Chelsea and Blackburn again.

Sometimes things don't work out for certain players at certain clubs, if we get him we could bring out his Udinese form again.

Duff is an example, he didn't work out at Newcastle, they sold him to Fulham and all off a sudden we saw the form he displayed for Chelsea and Blackburn again.

Another example is sneijder at real madrid.

I wanted him when he was at Udinese, very impressive and quick player. Now, while i don't watch fucking Barca, i hear their fans always complaining about him, so not sure.

Edit: "Sanchez has scored five goals in all competitions for Barca this season" damn, that's a really poor figure for a forward at this stage of the season.

I don't know how he was at Udinese, but I watch him at Barça. Actually, I can understand where they come from. Indeed, his finishing this season has been quite frustrating ; he has bottled a lot of chances (I believe that the match au Parc des Princes embodies this fact). Also, his season has been mixed between hot and cold. He has made his way into the team just as quickly has he got benched, and thus it has provoqued a lack of consistency (alternating between the good and the poor). So yeah, it's not a very good season for his standard — and for Barça's standard as well.

Though, we can find some kinds of explanations for this. As I aforementioned, he has been continuously in and out of the starting team, thus altering his consistency. Also, it's not like he is the first choice, for the two spots remaining in attack. They are shared between Villa, Pedro, Tello and him (and sometimes Fabregas) ; they have respectively played 35, 39, 30 and 39 games. And finally, one could say that the graft didn't take ; Alexis doesn't fit Barça, and vice versa (kinda like with Ibramovich). At the end of the day, it still has been an average season and frustrating as well, though I do not believe who should right him off.

The question now is, would Alexis be a good addition to our squad ? Hum, into my eyes, it might. I believe he would add something different that what Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Moses can offer. Indeed, he is a lot more direct than these players. At the contrary of the players we already have, he is not really the type of guy wainting for the ball to come into his fit, he will lurk around defenders to try and make runs behind the opponent's back-line. In that sense, he would add another dimension to our squad. Furthermore, being a part of the Barça team, his ethic regarding the work-rate is pretty good. Not the best work-rate out there (less good than Pedro or Oscar, for instance), but he puts in a lot of work and is mobile — that's what we tend to lack from Hazard and Mata. Then again, one could argue that it would be another "midget" in the team... Though, he is pretty robust for size.

The cons would be his finishing — which tends to be dubious (he will miss the easiest goals, though score the hardest) — and his tendancy to make things way more difficult than they actually are (he tries too many dribbles and has his eyes on the ball — which is part of the frustrating taste he gives to the Barça fans).

It might be wort a try, considering we could have him at an interesting price. Barça is not renowed (in recent years at least) to try to make profits when a player want to leave, or when they want to get rid of a player. Chygrinsky, bought for £20m, sold for £10m one year later ; Hleb, bought for 15m euros, cancelled his contract by mutual consent with Barça after numerous loans ; Ibraimovich bough £40m + Eto'o, sold for £20m one year later. I could go on. My point being that we can assume that he will not be too expensive.

All in all, to my belief, some of his abilities (like his directness, work-rate and will to take on opponents) would be welcomed into our squad's abilities range. And for a sensible price, I would be happy with him.

As for his goal record this season, it's always a bit tricky when it implies Barcelona... It's kinda like when you say that Iniesta and Xavi have poor goal records. Indeed, when it comes to goals, there's Messi, and then there's the rest. Villa's scored 14 goals out of 35 games, Pedro 8 goals in 39 games, Tello 8 goals in 30 games, Fabregas 13 goals in 42 games, Iniesta 5 in 35 games, etc... so yeah, that's pretty homogeneous behind Messi, in term of goals. By the way, he has scored 7 goals this season, not 5 (he scored twice in El Copa Rey ; your stats didn't ake into account this later competition), in 39 games (and had 11 assists). It's true that doesn't change the world, though..

I know his Barca form does not help his case at all, but he was magical at Udinese, especially in the season right before he left. Which is why I think he's worth the bet. I think that his Barca form has been, at least partly, due to his lack of games and his coming in and out of the side so often. He just hasn't had a good run of games with them. On any account, I think he's a player that would fit much better in the EPL than La Liga.

I know his Barca form does not help his case at all, but he was magical at Udinese, especially in the season right before he left. Which is why I think he's worth the bet. I think that his Barca form has been, at least partly, due to his lack of games and his coming in and out of the side so often. He just hasn't had a good run of games with them. On any account, I think he's a player that would fit much better in the EPL than La Liga.

Every single player is out-shined by Messi... even Iniesta and Fabregas... that is really sad, because Iniesta is so good... soooo goood.

Every single player is out-shined by Messi... even Iniesta and Fabregas... that is really sad, because Iniesta is so good... soooo goood.

True. I also think that Sanchez never really fit in their "Tiki-Taka" style which is shame because he was promising to be one hell of a player at Udinese.

Can't understand how can you want this crying girl at Chelsea, compared to him Busquets gladiator.

He played 90 min against Bayern yesterday, somebody saw him on the pitch? me nien.

And if you think he will mind to come here as a squad player...

Can't understand how can you want this crying girl at Chelsea, compared to him Busquets gladiator.

He played 90 min against Bayern yesterday, somebody saw him on the pitch? me nien.

And if you think he will mind to come here as a squad player...

Did you saw someone from Barcelona that night on the pitch? I saw shadows but not players, not at all.

I guess people forget how he tore us a new arsehole multiple times in just the first 10 or so mins. vs Barcelona at S.Bridge last season. Sure, he was wasteful with his chances, but he's never been a finisher. He's a creator. He should have had around 3 assists that game! The amount of times his pace and dribbling destroyed every defender in front of him for large parts of the game was just nerve rattling. If he could do that for us against teams I could not say no to him. Also, at Udinese, he was simply unplayable at times and the comparisons to C. Ronaldo were partly true. He'd improve just about any side in the world.

He actually reminds me of, wait for it... Suarez. Which is a compliment in terms of football ability.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You