Alexis Sanchez

milllz

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is definetly an explosive player. If we manage to bring his Udinese form, why not? But he is rather a diving c**t, which makes me twice. I don't like players like these and that is MY view you. I prefer Schurlle to him, because he is a hard-worker.

If he was going for a bargain price then by all my means sign him up, he was sensational at Udinese and I always thought he was an odd fit for Barca, not surprised he has been bad there. Wouldn't want to spend serious money on him though.

Would certainly not want to spend money on him instead of a striker or CM.

I don't think he's a diver personally. I just think it's part of the way Barcelona play. They've turned Alba into a player who dives too, but if you look at clips of him during his Udinese times, you'll see he's like Hazard - tries to stay on his feet and he gets fouled loads. I'm sure if you take him out of Barcelona the diving will pretty much be gone from his system.

I feel this particular video further proves my point. This vid is his dribbling skills and not much else. At loads of points you'd expect a player to go down, but he stays up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84yF4Nuew3A

I don't think he's a diver personally. I just think it's part of the way Barcelona play. They've turned Alba into a player who dives too, but if you look at clips of him during his Udinese times, you'll see he's like Hazard - tries to stay on his feet and he gets fouled loads. I'm sure if you take him out of Barcelona the diving will pretty much be gone from his system.

I feel this particular video further proves my point. This vid is his dribbling skills and not much else. At loads of points you'd expect a player to go down, but he stays up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84yF4Nuew3A

You're right, but he's already ruined his reputation and you better believe it will be brought up every 5 minutes by the English media that he's a diver.

Sanchez offers better balance to the squad than Schurrle. You HAVE to play your better players in their preferred position. Eden Hazard on the left is a different animal to the one on the right and with Schurrle - another left winger, one has to adapt to the right wing role. Sanchez on the other hand has experience playing on the right

Having said that, Not a penny more than 20mil for him.

You know... he currently averages 1 goal every 3 games at Barcelona... and that's him during the roughest patch of his career..Sure, scoring against Deportivo is a bit different to scoring against Everton, but still, that's a very decent goal output.

He can also operate very well as a second-striker and even do decent as the main striker himself. Counter-attack with this guy and you will score loads of goals. The idea of him and Hazard changing positions with Mata providing them through-balls ahhhh :sweating::sweating:

Hazard can play anywhere and Schurrle is in better form than Sanchez who has been terrible whole of the season. I wouldn't criticize the board for not making the same mistake they did with Torres, signing an out of form player and hoping he can magically "turn it on".

Hazard can play anywhere and Schurrle is in better form than Sanchez who has been terrible whole of the season. I wouldn't criticize the board for not making the same mistake they did with Torres, signing an out of form player and hoping he can magically "turn it on".

Sanchez might not be in any good form right now compare to Schurrle but to disregard him based on that seems rather unjust especially when the former may suit us more than the latter. Think Peace summed up his situation nicely in the last page. He just doesn't fit into the Barcelona's style of playing and just a player that has lost his way a bit.. Barca likes to play tiki-taka football while Sanchez is more of a person that likes to dribble on the ball and go beyond defenders. In the right team and style of play that suits Sanchez, pretty sure then we would see better from him. And besides, he is still rather young. Only 25 this year and by no means a finished article just yet.

Sanchez might not be in any good form right now compare to Schurrle but to disregard him based on that seems rather unjust especially when the former may suit us more than the latter. Think Peace summed up his situation nicely in the last page. He just doesn't fit into the Barcelona's style of playing and just a player that has lost his way a bit.. Barca likes to play tiki-taka football while Sanchez is more of a person that likes to dribble on the ball and go beyond defenders. In the right team and style of play that suits Sanchez, pretty sure then we would see better from him. And besides, he is still rather young. Only 25 this year and by no means a finished article just yet.

I liked Peace's post because he was probably right, it's a completely different style of play at Barca. But even minus the style of play, he has also been very poor in front of goal - his 7 goals this season are a testament to that - and hasn't fared any better at International level either.

So 20m for him or 20m for Schurrle who's younger, and having a good year for club and country, i know which player sounds more reasonable. There's already enough risk in transfers, than to take an even bigger one and sign a player playing well below his expected level.

I liked Peace's post because he was probably right, it's a completely different style of play at Barca. But even minus the style of play, he has also been very poor in front of goal - his 7 goals this season are a testament to that - and hasn't fared any better at International level either.

So 20m for him or 20m for Schurrle who's younger, and having a good year for club and country, i know which player sounds more reasonable. There's already enough risk in transfers, than to take an even bigger one and sign a player playing well below his expected level.

As Peace already pointed out previously, it's difficult for Sanchez to find any sort of consistency when he's being rotated with others for a wide role though his injuries at times have not helped his cause either. On the other hand, Schurrle has had the benefit of being played week in week out in his favoured position and playing in a style that suit him which obviously would benefit him as a player in regards to his form. And yes, there is a risk in signing off form players right now but to just look at that is rather short-termism when in the long run, Sanchez may prove to be the better one for us especially when you consider we still need someone to fill in at RW and that is not Schurrle's best position.

Agree with @Sheva. here. I think the attitude Schurrle would bring to the team would be more suited plus his reputation and discipline. Not to mention some physical presence, we can't start to resemble Barcelona with small players on the field in every position. Years have shown that teams have got a remedy against tikataka Barcelona style football and it's time for change if we want to be successful. Look at the two german sides, perfect balance of strength, agility, experience and youth.

Agree with @Sheva. here. I think the attitude Schurrle would bring to the team would be more suited plus his reputation and discipline. Not to mention some physical presence, we can't start to resemble Barcelona with small players on the field in every position. Years have shown that teams have got a remedy against tikataka Barcelona style football and it's time for change if we want to be successful. Look at the two german sides, perfect balance of strength, agility, experience and youth.

But Sanchez is not tiki taka and he is pretty strong too.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You