Alexis Sanchez

milllz

But Sanchez is not tiki taka and he is pretty strong too.

He is more suited to a team like Barcelona than us, though, I'm not denying that he is a great player, albeit his recent reputation for diving. Is he strong and stocky for his height? Yes. Though if we keep going down that road too often we will have to send Cech into the box for corners, freekicks or resort to short corners etc which would make our gameplay more predictable and easier to counter.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't lived up to expectations at Barca because their football is completely different to Udinese's who play a quicker, more direct game. Also, at Barca it's impossible for any other attacking player than Messi to really shine because their play is so much focused on him and the midfielders. For a reasonable price Sanchez could be worth a shot. If he was available for something around 15-20m and started playing as well as he did at Udinese, it would be an absolute steal.

On FM11 I always used to buy Hazard, Neymar and Sanchez for the 4-2-3-1. Hazard - Mata - Sanchez would be pretty much the same. ;)

He is more suited to a team like Barcelona than us, though, I'm not denying that he is a great player, albeit his recent reputation for diving. Is he strong and stocky for his height? Yes. Though if we keep going down that

road too often we will have to send Cech into the box for corners, freekicks or resort to short corners etc which would make our gameplay more predictable and easier to counter.

I really don't see how he suits Barcelona more than us. I think the converse is true.

I would rather have Bale if we are looking for good winger...

You would have Bale for the RW? Or would you simply give him the LW and move a stablished player like Hazard to the RW? Would you also believe he would all of a sudden start to love Chelsea, just like Torres, right? I guess you would also be willing to spend 50mi instead of 20mi? :clap:

You would have Bale for the RW? Or would you simply give him the LW and move a stablished player like Hazard to the RW? Would you also believe he would all of a sudden start to love, just like Torres, right? I guess you would also be willing to spend 50mi instead of 20mi? :clap:

Schurle is LW too, so Hazard would have to move to RW anyway.

Besides Sanchez is small player, similar mould to Hazard. He is selfish, has bad decision making and lack of stamina.

Bale is experienced and would give us world class attack. Impossible move though.

But if it would be possible, Bale for 45mio or Sanchez for 20-25? I would go for Bale anytime, we need players who will win us games, not just waste of money.

Schurle is LW too, so Hazard would have to move to RW anyway.

Besides Sanchez is small player, similar mould to Hazard. He is selfish, has bad decision making and lack of stamina.

Bale is experienced and would give us world class attack. Impossible move though.

But if it would be possible, Bale for 45mio or Sanchez for 20-25? I would go for Bale anytime, we need players who will win us games, not just waste of money.

LOL! :lol:

Schurrle plays RW for Germany NT, so there is no problem in making him adapt. While Bale is solely a LW in form. Besides, I am not discussing Andre vs Gareth, I am against both!

Sanchez is much, much, much better than what you make him. Sanchez is the perfect guy (Pedro would be better, but that is impossible) to balance what Hazard and Mata brings to the table. Also, he is indeed more experienced than Bale, specially in European football.

This is not a video game where you buy the best players in each position, this is a real football team. Bale has no identity with the club, will cost a fortune and will obligate Hazard to move away from his best position (which is stupid)...

Schurrle plays RW for Germany NT, so there is no problem in making him adapt. While Bale is solely a LW in form. Besides, I am not discussing Andre vs Gareth, I am against both!

Sanchez is much, much, much better than what you make him. Sanchez is the perfect guy (Pedro would be better, but that is impossible) to balance what Hazard and Mata brings to the table.

This is not a vide-game where you buy the best players in each position, this is a real football team. Bale has no identity with the club, will cost a fortune and will obligate Hazard to move away from his best position (which is stupid)...

Pedro is a very underrated player in my mind. Would love to see Sanchez prove me wrong in Chelsea colors but first he must regain that special something he had in Udinese days where he was devastating alongside Di Natale, another striker who deserves more credit for what he does. In my mind DI Natale is Udinese's Totti, Del Piero. Consistently bagging goals for his club season in season out.

Sanchez is much, much, much better than what you make him. Sanchez is the perfect guy (Pedro would be better, but that is impossible) to balance what Hazard and Mata brings to the table.

This is not a vide-game where you buy the best players in each position, this is a real football team. Bale has no identity with the club, will cost a fortune and will obligate Hazard to move away from his best position (which is stupid)...

So you would buy Sanchez and have trio of 1,70m big players. In theory they would destroy everyone and all wwih their pace and skill, but reality is that they will be doing that in CL, but not in PL. No matter how you say it, but PL was always physical league and Manu, ManC have lot of strong players in attack. We would have only strker bigger (if).

So you would buy Sanchez and have trio of 1,70m big players. In theory they would destroy everyone and all wwih their pace and skill, but reality is that they will be doing that in CL, but not in PL. No matter how you say it, but PL was always physical league and Manu, ManC have lot of strong players in attack. We would have only strker bigger (if).

The last time I checked, ManCity won the league with Nasri, Silva, Tevez and Aguero. ;)

You can balance that with players like Khedira and Falcao or Cavani (or even Lewandoswki). Even big defenders such as Terry and Luiz...

Building a team focusing first on physicality and second on talent is the biggest step to failure!

Alexis while being a shortass is very stocky and muscular. Height does not equate to strength. Sure taller people are more likely to be stronger but that doesn't count for every case, there are outliers.

For example: (warning shirtless men)

Fernando Torres 183cm

tumblr_lltspokm6T1qkvt19o1_500.jpg

Alexis Sanchez 169cm

ALEXIS+1.jpg

Peter Crouch 200cm

Crouch3.jpg

Michael Essien 178cm

epicessien.jpg

Sanchez is a small but stocky and powerful player. He has put a bit of muscle on too since moving to Spain from Italy. Hes not Drogba or Ronaldo but hes certainly no Mata or Oscar. Hes probably a much more muscular than Hazard is.

Alexis while being a shortass is very stocky and muscular. Height does not equate to strength. Sure taller people are more likely to be stronger but that doesn't count for every case, there are outliers.

For example: (warning shirtless men)

Fernando Torres 183cm

tumblr_lltspokm6T1qkvt19o1_500.jpg

Alexis Sanchez 169cm

ALEXIS+1.jpg

You bastard :( I was going to make a similar post. 110% right though.

Like some people have already stated, your size does not define your strength. There are many more factors ! For instance, how your body his built, and how muscular you are. But there is also your balance, and how do you use that balance ; even a tall and big man can be throw to the ground by a smallish man if he is off balance, for instance.

Alexis might be small (1,69 m), but as you can see on the picture posted by Spike, he has a lot of muscles, is robust/tough and is stocky as Spike said. To compare with our own players, Oscar is 1,80 m and McEachran is 1,78 ; Alexis is significantly much more stronger than them — hell, Josh could be throw into the sky by a gust of wind ! The Chilean is stronger than Hazard, Mata and Oscar, believe me, and he would not be jealous of Moses' strength. So writing him off because he is 1,69 is not a valid reason.

And I do not understand people who say that our team would be weak because our three AMs would be small... As Rmpr stated, you can have physical strength elsewhere ! If we buy Falcao, we won't have a physical weak striker ! And sooner or later Lukaku will come back, and in the meantime we will have Ba ! We will most likely have strength and physicality within our defense and defensive midfield, too. So that's not exactly as if our team will be full of 1,69m-players, huh ?!

And people like to throw in the recent decline of Barça as argument against having small players in the team. Barça problems are much more complex than this question of size. I can guarantee you that even if Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro and Alexis were all 1,85 m, they still would have lost to Bayern... Probably not in such a fashion, but they would have lost. I won't develop much further because it isn't a discussion about Barça, though I can tell you that Barça problems have wayyyyy more to do with their Messi-addiction (and other flaws as well) than with their small size.

Finally, as I have already stated, I believe it is a good option for our squad. First off, we do not have any right winger. Even though Alexis is not exactly a right winger (he is more of a second striker), he would be perfectly fine on our right wing — significantly better than any of our options at the moment. And he will add to our squad abilities we do lack at the moment. He likes to provoke and to take on defenders (something we do cruelly lack) and he is much more direct than Mata and Oscar, and I believe a tad more than Hazard. That addition would add variety to our squad which is something nice. Moreover, he is also a player with a good ethic when it comes to work-rate and to accomplish his defensive duties ; we all know that Mata and Hazard aren't the best in this aspect.... As a matter of fact, we won't have anymore to play Oscar out of position in order to have defensive abilities within our three Ams. The only downside is his finish product, which tends to be a bit off.

Regarding his not so good form at Barça, I am not too bothered. I have already explain why on the last page, so I will be brief. I do believe that he can re-catch the spark which made him so special at Udinese if he plays in a team which suits him. For something around £20m, I do believe he is worth the gamble and I would gladly welcome him here ! By the way, he was bought for 26 millions euros, which makes today £21m ; if Barça wants him out (or if he wants to leave), they will likely not be looking to make profit (for the reasons I explained in my last comment on the previous page), thus his price tag might be less than £20m...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You