Edinson Cavani

CFC58

exactly Torres and Drogba never worked together what makes you think Cavani and Torres will.

and Di Matteo isn't changing from his 4-2-3-1 formation, why change a winning strategy. Carlo won the double got fired, reckon RDM will meet the same fate. 2 up top might work at United but definitely not in recent years at Chelsea.

its worked firing managers though.

Mixed feelings on this one.... the muppet in me is hoping we sign him, but big part of me wants torres to be the main man.

Hulk makes more sense, because we could fit them in the same team (hulk could be backup striker too), if cavani comes, he or torres is going to be unhappy, and want out come next year.

We definitely need a new striker though, not easy to find a good striker who's willing to play second fiddle, similar to the backup GK situation :(

cavani plays in the right of a 3 4 3, i wonder how chelsea would use him if that's the case.

we could try a brazil style 4 2 2 2, or try cavani/torres on the right of an attacking 4 2 3 1 or a diamond with mata as a center midfield player and hazard in the 'hole'

Who actually gives a shit about what Torres "wants"? Torres is not special in any bloody way. If he cant handle competition he should just throw in his towel. Im tired of all this Torres talk as if he is some poor guy. The guy earns a FUCKLOAD of money and plays in Chelsea FC. Start delivering and you might acutally be considered "the main man".

And why is Cavani and Torres a massive waste? I think it could be a massive THREAT to other teams.

Every player is different, that's just the way Torres is. You will not get the best out of Torres if he is sitting on the bench most games. All strikers need to play consecutive matches to score lots of goals.

I don't think Torres sulking on the bench is much of a threat to other teams and he wont be sharp when he does eventually play.

The waste is the money involved - a 50 million sub on 170k p/w is not good for FFP.

I want to sign Cavani but Torres should be sold if we do.

So fucking what? Is this Chelsea Fc or Torres FC?

For the benefit of CFC, it's better if we don't purchase Cavani. We don't play with 2 world class strikers in one team so why let one rot on the bench? It's either Cavani in Torres out or nothing IMO.

For the benefit of CFC, it's better if we don't purchase Cavani. We don't play with 2 world class strikers in one team so why let one rot on the bench? It's either Cavani in Torres out or nothing IMO.

Why not? And why would any of them rot on the bench? We had Drogba and Torres last season and none of them really rotted on the bench. Look at other teams. Do you really think that with Lukaku on loan that we will go with just Torres and Sturridge? Honestly ive got twice the trust in Sturridge compared with Torres atm. Dont get me wrong, I love Torres but to give him that trust and expect him to do "a Drogba" for us in the season is being too optimistic.

Cavani AND Torres would be a massive waste. Torres is reportedly on 175k a week and we know he likes to be the main man.

I know ive said this 100 times before but If Torres wants to be the main man, he earns it by displays on the pitch and outperforming his competition, if that means Cavani then he lumps in, he is in no position to go making playing demands.

I know ive said this 100 times before but If Torres wants to be the main man, he earns it by displays on the pitch and outperforming his competition, if that means Cavani then he lumps in, he is in no position to go making playing demands.

Agree no player is bigger than the club, can you imagine SAF putting up with that shite?

That's the problem with CFC, we need a consistent few years with 1 manager, bring stability, control EGO's and generally develop that Team mentality...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You