Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I like his all round game, that's what does it for me. He's a physical guy with pace and always seems to score vital goals in big games against big teams. I'm not sure why Uruguay have put him on the right because as a striker, he has many attributes. He is similar to Falcao, both awesome in the air too but i think Cavani has more pace and would be slightly cheaper. I reckon we could get him for under £35m, maybe even slightly under £30.

"The big English clubs want me? I answer: Forza Napoli! But it is said that English football is art, why not think about it one day if there is that possibility?"

On his wife's mugging - "These things happen everywhere. Now we have to react and recover our sense of tranquility.

I'm calm, even though it was a difficult day. I was far away, here in Manchester, so I felt helpless"

"The big English clubs want me? I answer: Forza Napoli! But it is said that English football is art, why not think about it one day if there is that possibility?"

On his wife's mugging - "These things happen everywhere. Now we have to react and recover our sense of tranquility.

I'm calm, even though it was a difficult day. I was far away, here in Manchester, so I felt helpless"

source source source!

http://www.goal.com/...o-amid-interest

Source is actually Mattino, Goal.com just translated it.

http://www.ilmattino...10677&sez=SPORT

Almost every article on Goal.com is from another source, not sure why links to Goal.com is prohibited on this forum. Always puzzled by that. Not too familiar with Tribal-football but i think it is the same on their site.

The justification for Cavani not coming in is that either him or Torres will have to rot on the bench.

Not true, there is more than enough games to go round.

Last season Torres played 49 games despite being 2nd choice to Didier for most of it and Didier himself played 35 despite the bad injury early on and his spell at the ACON.

In 2005/2006 Drogba played 41 games while Crespo played 42.

2006/2007 Drogba played 60 games while Sheva played 51.

The idea that Cavani's arrival will restict Nando to sub appearances once a month is wrong, both will at-least play 40-45 times each, at worse. Also have we thought that with both of them here, it will give RDM the opportunity to switch formation and play 2 up top, if the double pivot formation starts to get found out.

The justification for Cavani not coming in is that either him or Torres will have to rot on the bench.

Not true, there is more than enough games to go round.

Last season Torres played 49 games despite being 2nd choice to Didier for most of it and Didier himself played 35 despite the bad injury early on and his spell at the ACON.

In 2005/2006 Drogba played 41 games while Crespo played 42.

2006/2007 Drogba played 60 games while Sheva played 51.

The idea that Cavani's arrival will restict Nando to sub appearances once a month is wrong, both will at-least play 40-45 times each, at worse. Also have we thought that with both of them here, it will give RDM the opportunity to switch formation and play 2 up top, if the double pivot formation starts to get found out.

It's not a matter of how many games they'll each get to play. We'll be playing close to 60 games (or more...?) this season, and of course, they'll each get plenty. The thing, though, is that only one of them will start at the Etihad Stadium or in the FA Cup semi final or in the Club World Cup final (hope I'm not jinxing). The other will probably come on as a sub in the 85th minute or start against shit teams like QPR. At the end of the season, they may both have 40 games each, but one of them will definitely be unhappy, no? And in terms of money, there's no way Torres will be paying off all the money the club spent on him by serving as Cavani's backup, or vice versa.

It's not a matter of how many games they'll each get to play. We'll be playing close to 60 games (or more...?) this season, and of course, they'll each get plenty. The thing, though, is that only one of them will start at the Etihad Stadium or in the FA Cup semi final or in the Club World Cup final (hope I'm not jinxing). The other will probably come on as a sub in the 85th minute or start against shit teams like QPR. At the end of the season, they may both have 40 games each, but one of them will definitely be unhappy, no? And in terms of money, there's no way Torres will be paying off all the money the club spent on him by serving as Cavani's backup, or vice versa.

They don't have to be either's back up, we do what we did in 05/06 with Drogba and Crespo, pick the player that's on form.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You