Edinson Cavani

CFC58

The only thing this game proved is he isn't worth £53m or whatever not that he isn't a great player. That price tag is reserved for the likes of R9, Henry, Eto'o, Drogba, etc

Rather watch Lukaku develop for a season at that price.

The only thing this game proved is he isn't worth £53m or whatever not that he isn't a great player.

So one poor game against Spain proves that? :doh: :doh:

Maybe we should judge Ronaldo from his last 2 competitive displays against Spain then.

Might as well just give Lukaku a chance then if we're going to sign a striker that isn't better than what we have now.

You're usually always spot on, but not on this. Soldado is quality, check his goal record at Valencia, he has been the highest scoring Spanish striker for a while now, but Del Bosque wrongly ignored him. Now he has gotten his chance and i cant see anyone displacing him atm.

Would love him here, and i've actually said this twice before and has nothing to do with his goal today.

On topic, his performance today was like when i watched him vs Bayern at Allianz. Did nothing all game, couldn't even hold onto the ball as the Bavarians bossed the game and Mario Goal-mez got a hat-trick :P

Now it's not really a fair way to judge him, that's basically 2 games vs 2 really good teams with a clearly inferior side. I'm sure if his side played better and created chances for him, he would have scored - but this is something many other strikers can do, and they don't cost 63m :ph34r:

You're usually always spot on, but not on this. Soldado is quality, check his goal record at Valencia, he has been the highest scoring Spanish striker for a while now, but Del Bosque wrongly ignored him. Now he has gotten his chance and i cant see anyone displacing him atm.

Would love him here, and i've actually said this twice before and has nothing to do with his goal today.

Yeah, I know you're a fan of Soldado, you've said plenty of times before :). He's a good striker for sure, definitely Spain's best out and out striker at this moment - his goal ratio at Valencia is insane it must be said but I don't view him as an elite striker, with all due respect, which is why I said I'd rather us give Lukaku a chance to develop mainly because I'm not sure he'd be as suited to the PL as someone like Cavani is which is of course my personal opinion.

I'm of the opinion that if we're not going to get an elite striker in then we might as well just give Lukaku the chance to develop.

It would be funny for Cavani to end the Confederations Cup without a goal. Then we'll see who pays 63 million for him.

He must score against Tahiti, no excuse.

Yeah, I know you're a fan of Soldado, you've said plenty of times before :). He's a good striker for sure, definitely Spain's best out and out striker at this moment - his goal ratio at Valencia is insane it must be said but I don't view him as an elite striker, with all due respect, which is why I said I'd rather us give Lukaku a chance to develop mainly because I'm not sure he'd be as suited to the PL as someone like Cavani is which is of course my personal opinion.

I'm of the opinion that if we're not going to get an elite striker in then we might as well just give Lukaku the chance to develop.

Yeah he's not an elite striker, but he scores just as many goals as any striker you put him up against. Plus he's better than Torres and Ba combined, so i'd sleep easily if we're going into the season with Soldado, Lukaku and one of Torres or Ba - instead of Torres, Ba and Lukaku.

He also shouldn't cost anything more than 25m, so we will have no problem still improving the pivot and getting a CB.

Problem is when we're involved the prices get to the point where the transfer becomes unattractive. I'd love Soldado but I don't think we'll be able to get him for a good price. So if we're overpaying anyways I'd rather overpay for someone better, unless it's extremely exorbitant like Cavani.

One thing for sure imo is that even if we can't get Cavani, we have to look to improve on Torres. That either means just giving Lukaku a chance or bringing someone else in. Lukaku can do the job imo. It's a gamble obviously but with little downside and huge upside. We got Lukaku for around 20m and he's way surpassed expectations for his loan. So what is his true worth now ? 23-25 m euros ? He scored basically a goal every two games despite often coming off the bench. He just turned 20. That is amazing imo. He deserves a full chance here as a starter.

Problem is when we're involved the prices get to the point where the transfer becomes unattractive. I'd love Soldado but I don't think we'll be able to get him for a good price. So if we're overpaying anyways I'd rather overpay for someone better, unless it's extremely exorbitant like Cavani.

One thing for sure imo is that even if we can't get Cavani, we have to look to improve on Torres. That either means just giving Lukaku a chance or bringing someone else in. Lukaku can do the job imo. It's a gamble obviously but with little downside and huge upside. We got Lukaku for around 20m and he's way surpassed expectations for his loan. So what is his true worth now ? 23-25 m euros ? He scored basically a goal every two games despite often coming off the bench. He just turned 20. That is amazing imo. He deserves a full chance here as a starter.

I would agree. Not much to lose giving a striker a chance that we've already bought. I think even if we get Cavani or whoever i'd love to see Lukaku get some matches next season.

Who are the other up and coming strikers in football right now ? I'm thinking about someone like Cavani when he was at Parma, a player who we can get for cheap but has huge potential.

no it doesn't seem like in the end everyone will be the same?!? The window isnt even opened yet and youve decided thats it. This place is mad

I am talking about Cavani and Lewandowski here that seems like going nowhere, not about every single player in the world will stay in their respective club, mate.

Related to the transfer window, I think the circumtances will be the same, whether right now or after it is officialy open in 1st July. There will be full of stupid rumours and tweets everywhere, everyday. No difference than now. The only exception is a deadline day.

If we really interested in signing one player, it can be done as fast as possible (like Schurrle), doesn't have to wait until the transfer window is opened first.

This place is mad from the very beginning. That's one of the reason why I decided to join this forum.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You