La Liga Thread

Steve

I've fallen in love with this league. There really is more to it than just Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Sure, it's just them fighting for the title usually, but wasn't the Premier League like that just not long ago? Us and United dominated the league.

Now Manchester City have emerged - while in La Liga teams like Malaga and Atletico Madrid are finally finding their potential.

This season I'm following the 2 teams mentioned above - Atletico Madrid and Malaga. Both are incredibly fun to watch.

Malaga have the more attractive football and individual brilliance while Atletico Madrid are like a fairytale so far this season with constant brilliance from Falcao and great teamwork.

Ugh. *Jizz*

Plus - Atletico Madrid have my favourite young midfielder in world football (Chelsea products aside) in their Oliver Torres. Mmm. Going to start following La Liga properly now.

I've fallen in love with this league. There really is more to it than just Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Sure, it's just them fighting for the title usually, but wasn't the Premier League like that just not long ago? Us and United dominated the league.

Now Manchester City have emerged - while in La Liga teams like Malaga and Atletico Madrid are finally finding their potential.

This season I'm following the 2 teams mentioned above - Atletico Madrid and Malaga. Both are incredibly fun to watch.

Malaga have the more attractive football and individual brilliance while Atletico Madrid are like a fairytale so far this season with constant brilliance from Falcao and great teamwork.

Ugh. *Jizz*

Plus - Atletico Madrid have my favourite young midfielder in world football (Chelsea products aside) in their Oliver Torres. Mmm. Going to start following La Liga properly now.

Nice, but adonde amore para Los VerdiBlancos? Bro recognize game when you see it. Ask Jose who they played last weekend & lost to....

179px-Real_betis_logo.svg.png

@robdog,

I'll be honest.. I have a huge soft spot for Real Betis. They've by far the best support in La Liga in my opinion (when you remove the fans who have Barcelona/Real Madrid as their 2nd team etc.) No question.

I went on holiday to Seville a few years ago and went to a match at home vs. Barcelona. It ended 2-2 I think.

On a related note, Seville have some of the nicest people (in general) ever. They're sooo laid back. I love it.

Betis are my favorite Spanish team. :D

@robdog,

I'll be honest.. I have a huge soft spot for Real Betis.

Well if you like Los VerdiBlancos & want to follow the club even better, checkout this Blog from an Englishman living in Sevilla. I have only been to Espana once in my life & I went to San Sebastián. My next trip to Europe will take me to Andalusia & to take part in this atmosphere

how funny it is to watch Primera Division and listening to the commentary.

"Ronaldo has been out of form lately and can't find the net. He hasn't scored in 3 matches"

lol. would you like a certain Spanish goleador?

Nice goal from Ronaldo. Falcao didn't have much of an impact so far, but to me that's because he doesn't get the right passes at the moment, also because Real's defense is really tight and tough to break. By the way, Diego Costa is probably the worst sportsman I've ever seen. I would really wonder if he's going to finish this game without at least a yellow card.