La Liga Thread

Steve

Has anyone thought that perhaps that little stunt Jose pulled vs. Malaga in dropping Casillas etc. was actually mind games for SaF and Man Utd? Y'know, lull them into a false sense of security etc. before their match?

He seems to have already given up on the title; so perhaps he purposely wanted his team to look weak so that he can get a bit of an advantage in the Champions League which he's completely focussed on now. He's a smart man.

Has anyone thought that perhaps that little stunt Jose pulled vs. Malaga in dropping Casillas etc. was actually mind games for SaF and Man Utd? Y'know, lull them into a false sense of security etc. before their match?

He seems to have already given up on the title; so perhaps he purposely wanted his team to look weak so that he can get a bit of an advantage in the Champions League which he's completely focussed on now. He's a smart man.

Tbh this is what i don't understand, it seems whenever Fergie or Mourinho does something, people see it as mind games.

Maybe Fergie purposely drew at Swansea to look weak to Madrid? :P

I dont think so, I view it as a huge mistake.

Mourinho had a shopping list that he handled Florentino Perez and in that list there was Lucas, Modric and a Goalkeeper. Instead of receiving those two names, he only got Modric and didnt get rid of Kaka. Spanish media is saying (and this is everywhere, so it might be true) that Mourinho tried to send a message to Perez, saying it was his fault not to buy him a backup GK and Moura.

Also, he does not like the fact Casillas is friends with some of Barcelona`s players (rumors that he asked Alonso, Iker and Ramos to stop talking with them because it could soft their derby performance).

He has divided the dressing room. There are the ones who follow him and the ones who dont. This is heavely due because Real Madrid`s players are a bunch of egoists that hate each other, so when there is a fight Mourinho usually takes part, hurting the other player.

In resume, I believe he has one hope of succeeding and avoid the sack, LA DECIMA!

Mourinho had a shopping list that he handled Florentino Perez and in that list there was Lucas, Modric and a Goalkeeper. Instead of receiving those two names, he only got Modric and didnt get rid of Kaka. Spanish media is saying (and this is everywhere, so it might be true) that Mourinho tried to send a message to Perez, saying it was his fault not to buy him a backup GK and Moura.

Also, he does not like the fact Casillas is friends with some of Barcelona`s players (rumors that he asked Alonso, Iker and Ramos to stop talking with them because it could soft their derby performance).

He has divided the dressing room. There are the ones who follow him and the ones who dont. This is heavely due because Real Madrid`s players are a bunch of egoists that hate each other, so when there is a fight Mourinho usually takes part, hurting the other player.

In resume, I believe he has one hope of succeeding and avoid the sack, LA DECIMA!

You're right, he did want a back-up goalkeeper but I don't think this was about that. Mourinho and Florentino Perez actually have a good relationship (or at least they make it look that way to the public). There are a bunch of players who are against Mourinho this season and Casillas is basically seen as the leader of those players. Casillas is held in much higher regard at Madrid than Mourinho is, and it was a stupid decision to drop him.

Mourinho seems to think he is bigger than the club and he also can't control the dressing room. Like you said, a lot of Madrid players have very big egos and Mourinho can't deal with that because he has the biggest ego of all. Right now, the players are trying to play for themselves, not for Mourinho.

He has become way too involved in politics etc. this season, he should have just focused on football. Whenever he has made mistakes, he has blamed his players. He even went so far as to say 'I have no team'.

Mourinho has also let his own hatred for Barcelona get in the way. A lot of Barca and Real players play together with the national team and are good friends, he should never have asked them not to socialize with them. Another dreadful move by Mourinho this season.

You're right, he did want a back-up goalkeeper but I don't think this was about that. Mourinho and Florentino Perez actually have a good relationship (or at least they make it look that way to the public). There are a bunch of players who are against Mourinho this season and Casillas is basically seen as the leader of those players. Casillas is held in much higher regard at Madrid than Mourinho is, and it was a stupid decision to drop him.

Mourinho seems to think he is bigger than the club and he also can't control the dressing room. Like you said, a lot of Madrid players have very big egos and Mourinho can't deal with that because he has the biggest ego of all. Right now, the players are trying to play for themselves, not for Mourinho.

He has become way too involved in politics etc. this season, he should have just focused on football. Whenever he has made mistakes, he has blamed his players. He even went so far as to say 'I have no team'.

Mourinho has also let his own hatred for Barcelona get in the way. A lot of Barca and Real players play together with the national team and are good friends, he should never have asked them not to socialize with them. Another dreadful move by Mourinho this season.

Yeah, spot on!

I just belive a bit more on the "trying to send a message" rumor because I dont think Mourinho is that naive to bench the biggest symbol of Madridismo of the present time. Unless he wants to get sacked, but I personally discard that theory. He wants to be remembered as the best manager of all time, and for that he must conquer Spain (La Decima, in specific).

Yeah, spot on!

I just belive a bit more on the "trying to send a message" rumor because I dont think Mourinho is that naive to bench the biggest symbol of Madridismo of the present time. Unless he wants to get sacked, but I personally discard that theory. He wants to be remembered as the best manager of all time, and for that he must conquer Spain (La Decima, in specific).

True, he could be trying to send a message send a message to the players to say that no one is bigger than the club. Or he could be trying to make excuses for himself just in case he does get sacked. So that he could blame the players etc.

Either way, he has made some massive mistakes this season and he still hasn't taken responsibility for any of them.

If I were perez I will do the same thing. It does not make any snse to buy backup goqlmeeper when u have casillas as your no 1

If I were perez I will do the same thing. It does not make any snse to buy backup goqlmeeper when u have casillas as your no 1

Yeah, although Perez is anything but a saint!

Mourinho must accept he is not a big name in Real Madrird`s history and that he isnt the center of atention or the most loved person for their fans. He wont succeed in Spain if he keeps with those mean childish acts.

It is so simple to gather all the players together, apologise and move the fuck on!

Yeah, although Perez is anything but a saint!

Mourinho must accept he is not a big name in Real Madrird`s history and that he isnt the center of atention or the most loved person for their fans. He wont succeed in Spain if he keeps with those mean childish acts.

It is so simple to gather all the players together, apologise and move the fuck on!

Or he can trade casillas for reina/de gea which I am pretty sure will be accepted by manu or liverpool

Or he can trade casillas for reina/de gea which I am pretty sure will be accepted by manu or liverpool

That would never happen mate. You have to understand about how much of a legend Casillas is at Real Madrid. He has been there almost thirty years and is adored by the fans. Perez will get rid of Mourinho before he even considers getting rid of Casillas.

• 2 weeks later...

Today Real Madrid against Real Sociedad. Adán again in the starting eleven, but gets sent off after 5 minutes because of a foul in the penalty area, and Casillas comes in, but he can't save the penalty. Benzema has scored before, so right now it's 1-1 after 30 minutes.

What a crazy decision again by Mou, I can't really understand it. Maybe he wants to get sacked and come to us? :P