Wayne Rooney

CFC58

Only if Manchester City come out and declare that they don't need to sign Rooney will I be certain this so-called "Rooney transfer to Chelsea" will be remotely possible...

...otherwise, Rooney's destination is City, because they have the money, and no-one not even us will ever outbid them! :shoot:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if Manchester City come out and declare that they don't need to sign Rooney will I be certain this so-called "Rooney transfer to Chelsea" will be remotely possible...

...otherwise, Rooney's destination is City, because they have the money, and no-one not even us will ever outbid them! :shoot:

Haha yeah

Roman: Hmmm, let's go with £25m...

Man City: BAM £40m

Roman: I guess he might be worth it... £45m

Man City: BAM £60m

Roman: £61.5m...?

Man City: *sigh, we could play this game ALL day long.

Or something to similar effect. If he becomes available then I think Manchester City will definitely go for him just to make the statement to Man United and world football.

I think the last place united would want Rooney to go to is Chelsea fc, purely for the fact that he would add another dimension to the highest ever premier league goal scoring team. I would like us to change the formation if we did get him though 4-3-1-2 Cech Bos terry Ivo ash- Mikel- Essien-lamps- Malouda behind Rooney and Drogba.

If we landed Rooney it would be great, providing he gets fit again, we'd have 20+ goals added to us, which is never a bad thing! Obviously someone will have to get cut out of the first team line up (I guess that'd be Malouda or Anelka) depending on what style we go for.

I don't think Rooney will go across the road to City (out of respect for ManUtd) but that point also makes me think he wouldn't stay in England at all. For the sake of the national team I hope he stays in England (& goes to Chelsea), but I'm still with José here, I think he'll stay at United.

OK it would be Amazing to have Rooney but lets be Honest unless Carlo goes and chats to Rooney and explains what he could achieve at Chelsea as soooo on...! Unless he convinces him Man City will offer him something he cant refuse (60-70 Mil weekly 255 K wages) thats fucking massive amount of money.

If it comes to getting Rooney then not being able to invest in NEymar or LUkaku I think its a bad idea cause Lukaku is gna be snapped up asap if we dont buy him this Jan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHVGexo5Qt0

OK it would be Amazing to have Rooney but lets be Honest unless Carlo goes and chats to Rooney and explains what he could achieve at Chelsea as soooo on...! Unless he convinces him Man City will offer him something he cant refuse (60-70 Mil weekly 255 K wages) thats fucking massive amount of money.

If it comes to getting Rooney then not being able to invest in NEymar or LUkaku I think its a bad idea cause Lukaku is gna be snapped up asap if we dont buy him this Jan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHVGexo5Qt0

Take him under your wing Drogs! Show him how to flyyyyyyyy

BBC Sport understands that Manchester City are preparing an audacious £50 million move to lure Wayne Rooney from cross-town rivals Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson yesterday confirmed that the England striker has made it clear he wishes to leave Old Trafford at the next opportunity.

The news broke just hours after United had confirmed Rooney would miss their UEFA Champions League group stage game with Turkish champions Bursaspor, though the United boss said the "door is still open" for his star striker.

The Old Trafford boss admitted he was "shocked" and "disappointed" to hear the news but said he had not fallen out with the 24-year-old England striker.

"We are as bemused as anyone can be, we can't quite understand why he would want to leave," said the Scot.

_49571137_rooneyinjury226.jpg

Rooney injured his ankle in training on Tuesday.

Rivals Manchester City, Premier League champions Chelsea and José Mourinho's Real Madrid have all been linked with the former Everton teenager, though BBC Sport understands Roberto Mancini's City side have the upper hand in any potential deal.

"We are looking to negotiate with Manchester United and Wayne Rooney," one club source said. "Rooney has northern roots and if the price is right he won't hesitate."

Such quotes are likely to spur the likes of Madrid and Chelsea into action, but Mancini's side remain favourites to land the England international.

However Mancini himself has played coy over any potential deal that may be in place.

"There has been no contact. He's a great player but it's not my problem. I'm concentrating on tomorrow's match [against Lech Poznan]," stated Mancini.

However, Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti was reluctant to discuss the issue following his side's 2-0 Champions League win at Spartak Moscow on Tuesday.

"I don't want other coaches talking about my players and I have a lot of respect for Manchester United and their manager Alex Ferguson that prevents me from discussing Rooney's situation," he said.

But Blues striker Nicolas Anelka was more forthcoming, admitting that should Rooney wish to join Chelsea, he would be "welcome".

The Manchester City source seemed confident that his club would be able to land the troubled striker, who has had issues with form and fitness, as well as allegations made about his private life in recent months.

Rooney has not scored from open play for his club since March but that has not detracted potential suitors in City.

"Rooney is a great player. We think that with the right contract, we can bring this player here. We have great ambition and as a northerner, Wayne would be able to remain close to his family."

"We also have a lot of financial leverage which might make us favourites to sign him. We think around £40-50 million would tempt United to sell."

It is believed that United would be willing to sell due to financial constraints that might be partially resolved with his transfer.

The majority of the cash used by its American owners to buy the club is understood to have come in the form of loans, much of which have been secured against the club's assets. United reported an annual pre-tax loss of £79.6m earlier in October.

City signed Rooney's former team-mate Carlos Tevez last summer and would appear to be in the box seat to sign the troubled England star.

From the BBC.

:lol:

Not really, I was bored and wrote this myself, but let's see who falls for it

Personally i think the reason for Rooney wanting to leave are down to the stories of him that have been out recently. I think his missus wants him out of Manchester, there is a culture at United of parties without partners and inviting local hookers ect.. so i think that is why he wants to leave, to save his marriage basically. No idea if playing abroad is an option for him, but i think we are a serious option and for the reason stated i don't think he will end up at City plus the fact that Man Utd would be massively reluctunt to sell to them...