Wayne Rooney

CFC58

"I met with David Gill [united chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney confirms.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

Rooney also admitted he was shocked by Ferguson's comments on Tuesday, adding: "I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will go for cheap as he only has a year and a half left on his contract, He could actually buy it out himself. He says he wants to leave United to win trophies, Which we seem to be doing, and Coleen wants to stay in England, While getting out of Manchester would be the best option for Wayne.

It makes sense you know.

He will go for cheap as he only has a year and a half left on his contract, He could actually buy it out himself. He says he wants to leave United to win trophies,

It makes sense you know.

Bollocks! Like someone else mentioned elsewhere he's jumping on the hate the owner band wagon and using it as a cover

And agree,reasons seem money or the fact he wants to save his marriage.Though aint Coleens sister ill?So she aint gana wana go to far abroad etc

Under the Webstar ruling, next season he can buy out the remainder of his contract for 5mill and sign for any team as a free agent.

Yes but clubs generally don't do this as it's very sneaky and ruins the respect of other football clubs. It's kind of an unwritten agreement that no clubs exploit this.

Yes but clubs generally don't do this as it's very sneaky and ruins the respect of other football clubs. It's kind of an unwritten agreement that no clubs exploit this.

I was of the same opinion but after a brief search I found this:

Wayne Rooney could leave Old Trafford as early as summer 2011 should he choose to invoke the so-called "Webster ruling" – and Manchester United wouldn't receive anywhere near his perceived market value.

The FSF can reveal the widely-held assumption that Europe's club elite would not exploit the Webster ruling is incorrect. The European Club Association (ECA) confirmed with us today that no such gentleman's agreement exists.

I was of the same opinion but after a brief search I found this:

It'd be a very cold way for a transfer to go down but I'm sure Roman would say "It's business."

Also, sAF after the game:

Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "I haven't read Wayne Rooney's statement, but we'll have a view on it tomorrow and probably put it to bed tomorrow. As I said, the door is open. We keep good players, particularly when they are that young. He wants assurances? Have I won 30 trophies or what?!"

I would quite like to see him here.

He wouldn't be too expensive given he is in the last 2 years of his contract and of he performs as he did for United last season then it would be brilliant. Rooney, Drogs, Nico, Flo and Lamps going forward (in whatever way, I'll leave that to the manager, lol) would be frightening.

The funny thing about Rooney's 09/10 season is that he only performed at true world-class level in the period around December - April(he got injured). But he got hyped up so much people forgot all about that or didn't think about it at all (the effect of hype). And i'm not sure he'll get back to that form.

He was in redhot form in that period but before that he wasn't special. He's always been a very good player but not a special player, except for that period like i already said. And i wouldn't pay 50 mil+ for a player who hasn't proven he's truly special for at least two full seasons. Too big of a risk for that crazy amount of money.