Josh McEachran

Term-X

He played very well yesterday despite that terrible mistake at the back. He showed exactly what you'd expect from a midfield play maker - get the ball, quickly advance, and play an incisive through ball forward. I'll have to see how well he does in the rest of our pre-season games, but my hopes are high.

He played very well yesterday despite that terrible mistake at the back. He showed exactly what you'd expect from a midfield play maker - get the ball, quickly advance, and play an incisive through ball forward. I'll have to see how well he does in the rest of our pre-season games, but my hopes are high.

I absolutely agree. That mistake was terrible but it those things just sometimes happen and he is still very young. At least he's done it in pre-season and next-time, he is gonna take care where to pass. The rest of the match from him was pure class, confident play, excellent assist...

And about him going out on loan... i dont think so. He can sometimes rotate with Lampard against weaker sides alongside a classic holding midfielder. Also i think when a couple of years ago everybody said Josh is gonna be a new Lampard, now it seems like Frank has moved to Josh's standart position. B)

He didn't play against MLS All-Stars, most likely RDM will continue to play Mikel, Essien, Meireles, and Lampard in the 2 deep midfield roles against Milan.

I hope this is not repeat of last season, where he had a wasted season. In the first half he didn't play much competitive football for either for the first team or the reserves. The lack of fitness and competitive football resulted in a poor loan spell at Swansea.

I hope we don't make the same mistake. I really wouldn't understand the logic of him going on the American tour, if he does end up going on loan. He would have far more benefited from playing preseason with a club he is going to go on loan with, he would have the opportunity to impress the manger and get a better understanding with his teammates. If the case is him going on loan then we are not putting him in the best position to succeed.

If Di Matteo does end up playing McEachran to rotate with Lampard, then i feel that would the best thing for all parties. But i am not optimistic.

He was mismanaged last season, he should have been given a Championship loan from the start, that league is very under-rated when it comes to developing players skills, look at Bertrand.

Lets learn from the mistake and find a Championship club for him this coming season.

He was mismanaged last season, he should have been given a Championship loan from the start, that league is very under-rated when it comes to developing players skills, look at Bertrand.

Lets learn from the mistake and find a Championship club for him this coming season.

While it worked for Bertrand, I don't think it would be the same for Josh. Josh thrives on the intelligent runs made by other players so that he can make those good passes. I doubt he'll play alongside too many players like that in the championship. His main problem is dealing with the physicality, which will hardly be step down in the championship.

While it worked for Bertrand, I don't think it would be the same for Josh. Josh thrives on the intelligent runs made by other players so that he can make those good passes. I doubt he'll play alongside too many players like that in the championship. His main problem is dealing with the physicality, which will hardly be step down in the championship.

I understand that, but there are a few Championship's clubs that play football to suit Josh (Blackpool for example), and facing physical players will only improve him as a player.

Loaning him to a Premier League club (unless they give us assurances of a lot of playing time) will be far too risky, another failed loan will set him back god knows how far.

I understand that, but there are a few Championship's clubs that play football to suit Josh (Blackpool for example), and facing physical players will only improve him as a player.

Loaning him to a Premier League club (unless they give us assurances of a lot of playing time) will be far too risky, another failed loan will set him back god knows how far.

Yeah, it could work if he's loaned out to the right team.

when you see Oscar and then look a Josh................

Won't affect nothing, if Josh is good and patient enough he will find a way into the team somehow.

2 years ago Bertrand was behind Cole, Yuri and PVA in the pecking order at LB, now he is just a couple of great performances away from potentially ttaking Cole's place.

Won't affect nothing, if Josh is good and patient enough he will find a way into the team somehow.

2 years ago Bertrand was behind Cole, Yuri and PVA in the pecking order at LB, now he is just a couple of great performances away from potentially ttaking Cole's place.

at least he has a model he can copy

@, for players to have patience, they should have some sort of motivation, because lets face it, not everyone is like Ryan. Josh for example had two very good games in the pre-season and gave two assists but was not given another chance later. What kind of message does that send out to him? I hope he gets some minutes tomorrow, although I believe it is highly unlikely.

Best loan for Josh would be somewhere in Spain but we all know how fucking stupid the board is to realize that and try strike up a link with a decent enough Spanish team.... :Goober: unrealistic though still but would be better than the Championship/PL imo.

josh josh josh, i agree with KOF that he has to make it in pivot role because mata, hazard, oscar, kdb,piazon, marin just wayy too good.

and i ony suspect kdb will be a pivot player....so thats one hell of a crowded attack AND all young so they wont be goin anywhere.

feel for him because he has all this hype and club isn't makin it any easier for him to break through.

a future mid core of- 7 players includin josh.......ouch all we can do is pray he has some sturridge like loan in near future. also as a side point im a bit angry too....cuz i look at arenal....jack wilshere and josh could have been our wilshere (except injuries) if we learned to give youngesters a chance.

josh josh josh, i agree with KOF that he has to make it in pivot role because mata, hazard, oscar, kdb,piazon, marin just wayy too good.

and i ony suspect kdb will be a pivot player....so thats one hell of a crowded attack AND all young so they wont be goin anywhere.

feel for him because he has all this hype and club isn't makin it any easier for him to break through.

a future mid core of- 7 players includin josh.......ouch all we can do is pray he has some sturridge like loan in near future. also as a side point im a bit angry too....cuz i look at arenal....jack wilshere and josh could have been our wilshere (except injuries) if we learned to give youngesters a chance.

He could of been our Wilshere? So secretly failing a drugs test and being out for like 2 seasons (will probably happen tbh). :Goober:

Na I agree if we'd played Josh last season he'd have a hell of alot more experience and would have turned out better.