Josh McEachran

Term-X

He could brush up on his physical side however he had more chances of playing for Chelsea last season than the upcoming one. Going to be tremendously hard for him. Will have to see who is appoitned and what plans they have for him. I am thinking a loan to Villa wouldnt be bad but I don't want the same situation as Swansea again

• 3 weeks later...

http://twitter.com/#.../mceachranstats

Anybody seen this page? It doesn't really have a definite source to verify the stats this guy posts, but they do sound impressive.

Example: "Josh McEachran at Swansea (pass accuracy) Own half: 98% - Attacking half: 93% and in the final third: 91% accuracy"

Why do people always want McEachran loaned to a Premier League club?

A Premier League manager has nothing to judge McEachran on other than what he does in training.

It would be far too much of a risk to play him.

We need to send him out to the Championship.

We did that with Bertrand, and look at him now - starting a Champions League final - and helping his team win it.

We're pushing far too fast with Josh.

Josh is ready for the PL and he will prove that, he would have played if we didn't stall and sent him on loan earlier. Rodgers took him, not as a necessity because he already signed Gylfi.

Hope to see RDM be more decisive then AVB, hope he has a clear plan for McEachran. If he is going to use him like Bertrand that would be preferred, if not hope he send him on loan early like sometime between now and before August.

Swansea is still a very good option under Laudrup, he will keep Swansea style and formations which is preferred for Josh. They will be looking for a midfielder with Gylfi most likely signing with Liverpool.

Laudrup was my favorite player growing up, and one of the best midfielder of all time. Hope he does well with Swansea. It would be ideal for Josh to be managed by him.

A Premier League manager has nothing to judge McEachran on other than what he does in training.

We did that with Bertrand, and look at him now - starting a Champions League final - and helping his team win it.

Easy to say that in hindsight, whereas the reality is we all thought Josh was the next big thing. He may still prove to be a great player, but I am beginning to think more and more that it will not be at this club.

What if we send him on loan again and it doesn't work out? another loan?

If it was up to me, i will give him a try next season.

Two years ago he played a couple of matches in the CL and a few PL matches, the idea was to ease him in last year but AVB didn't play him and we sent him on loan... now this year people want him on loan again?

I honestly don't think our board wanted him to go on loan, he's not like Betrand, Josh is/was our biggest prospect for years and the fact that he played in the CL when he was 18 proves that.

What if we send him on loan again and it doesn't work out? another loan?

If it was up to me, i will give him a try next season.

Two years ago he played a couple of matches in the CL and a few PL matches, the idea was to ease him in last year but AVB didn't play him and we sent him on loan... now this year people want him on loan again?

I honestly don't think our board wanted him to go on loan, he's not like Betrand, Josh is/was our biggest prospect for years and the fact that he played in the CL when he was 18 proves that.

5-10 appearances a season over the next couple of seasons at Chelsea will not aid his development. Yes there is a case of training alongside better players but he has been training with our first team for the last 2 years. The lad needs games.

I agree with Leif. He isn't ready for the Premier League yet. Let's loan him to a Championship club, hopefully one which will be pushing for promotion and therefore there will be expectations upon him to perform. I know a lot of people are critical of Owen Coyle, but I am thinking perhaps a team like Bolton. Apparently they have first choice on one of our youngsters on loan next season as part of the Cahill deal. Having lost Reo Coker in the middle of the park and woefully short of creativity, McEachran would do well there IMO.

In regards to his size, I'm not too concerned about that. If he bulked up too much, he would lose some of the nimbleness about his play. By playing a full season of first team football he would adapt his game, mind and body to get the best out of himself.

And the issue about him turning 20 next March - so what? Bertrand is only starting to get a break now and he's 23 at the beginning of next season. There is a mentality in England that if a player hasn't broken through whilst a teenager, then he never will. Patience is required. A season in the Championship and then a season in the Premiership to follow would hopefully give him 50-60 games at least over the next 2 seasons under his belt. Then we can make a genuine judgement on him and how he may develop - he will only be 21 by then!

And the same goes for the likes of Piazon, Chalobah, Ake, Feruz, etc. All have the potential to break into Chelsea's first team squad, but they're all years away currently.

• 2 weeks later...

The age is not an excuse for him to not start for Chelsea.We may not be like Arsenal but I see a lot of potential in Josh and feel that he deserves to play regularly.RDM believes in his youth prospects and hopefully he will give him the chance he has been waiting for.In my opinion,it would be best if we sell Essien and Malouda so that Josh could move up the pecking order.

I think loaning him to a championship side would be a lot worse. He's supposed to be a midfield creator that thrives on the clever runs made by other players. This is why I think he'll be more successful playing alongside members of the senior team (just like his pre-season form showed). Sending him to a side like Burnley would only make him dull and ineffective.