Josh McEachran

Term-X

AVB should be blamed 100%, actually Josh despite his age was one of the few players who can fit in his gameplan and what does the ginger did?Send him off to rot at a relegation shi te team, who don't give a fu k about CHELSEA's talents.

AVB should be blamed 100%, actually Josh despite his age was one of the few players who can fit in his gameplan and what does the ginger did?Send him off to rot at a relegation shi te team, who don't give a fu k about CHELSEA's talents.

That's too harsh,we all expected Josh to play regularly or at least a few more games and AVB did the right thing by sending him out on loan.He knew Josh wouldn't get much game time and so for his best interest sent him out on loan to a good passing team,a style he had wished to adapt next season at Chelsea.

In my opinion,Brendan Rodgers is the man to blame,not AVB.

Every Chelsea fan was happy about Josh going at Swansea on loan (including me), BUT we are just fans we don't have inside information for most of the things, while AVB has(had), so he should've predicted this bollocks.

I think people need to step back and think more calmly. Josh is very young . We were guilty of expecting too much too soon.

He hadnt fully developed physically and progress hasn't been what we hoped for . We had a similar situation with Kakuta. He too suffered

bad loan spells but now seems to be recovering and showing again the promise.Be patient there is still plenty of time for Josh , Gael and Lukaku.

I understand this will leave some people angry, confused and bum-hurt, but hear me out for a moment.

Do any of you just hail McEachran as one of our best ever academy products... just because other people say that?

It feels as if people are calling him 'great' just because others do.

There's a REASON why he doesn't get playing time, even at Swansea.

Allow me to explain.

He's shown potential, but just because he shone at youth level and is English, everything was blown out of proportion. That's just how England works.

Overrated and overpriced players is the norm for us.

When you REALLY study Josh, the way he thinks, moves, plays, etc. you can see a player who is composed... but completely out of it.

He plays as if he's high all the time. Watch ANY clips from the time he got to play for Swansea - He didn't run once. He just jogs around the field, looking into the sun, staring at the birds flying over the stadium.

He doesn't have the attitude or mentality of a WINNER from what I can see, because fans just give him a free pass and say "He's young, give him time. He's the next Xavi."

If you really know our players inside and out, including the academy, you'd see we have far better players among our ranks. Lewis Baker, Loftus-Cheek and Swift are all miles ahead with their talents. They're all already outstanding players.

A similar thing goes for Piazon.

Yes, he has potential, but just because he's Brazilian doesn't make him the "Next Kaka". They play nothing alike.

Kaka is an advanced playmaker, where-as Piazon is an inside support striker.

He's also nowhere NEAR ready for the first team. He's far too indecisive on the ball, and his dwelling makes him often lose the ball.

So in summary - Stop overrating our younger players. You will be let down, unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand this will leave some people angry, confused and bum-hurt, but hear me out for a moment.

Do any of you just hail McEachran as one of our best ever academy products... just because other people say that?

Allow me to explain.

He's shown potential, but just because he shone at youth level and is English, everything was blown out of proportion. That's just how England works.

When you REALLY study Josh, the way he thinks, moves, plays, etc. you can see a player who is composed... but completely out of it.

He plays as if he's high all the time. Watch ANY clips from the time he got to play for Swansea - He didn't run once. He just jogs around the field, looking into the sun, staring at the birds flying over the stadium.

He doesn't have the attitude or mentality of a WINNER from what I can see, because fans just give him a free pass and say "He's young, give him time. He's the next Xavi."

If you really know our players inside and out, including the academy, you'd see we have far better players among our ranks. Lewis Baker, Loftus-Cheek and Swift are all miles ahead with their talents. They're all already outstanding players.

Yes, he has potential, but just because he's Brazilian doesn't make him the "Next Kaka". They play nothing alike.

He's also nowhere NEAR ready for the first team. He's far too indecisive on the ball, and his dwelling makes him often lose the ball.

So in summary - Stop overrating our younger players. You will be let down, unfortunately.

Afraid to say, but I can only agree with you. He didnt get that much starts down there but I wasn't impressed with McEachran down at Swansea when he played. He is getting to an age where he needs first team football and unfortunately for him, I can;='t see it being at Chelsea, especially with the statements we are making in signings. Hope we get Dembele btw at some point, fantastic player. I agree about Piazon, he has looked very good in matches sometimes but nowhere near the first team however in the reserves and U18 he has been the best player, but few years he will be even better and should be ready for the first team. Seen Lewis Baker a few times, but seems no different to Josh IMO, nothing brilliant but John Swift looks very promising when I have seen him play, almost like a Ramires type player. Chalobah looks the best coming from the U18. Maybe it is best for Piazon to go out on loan

Tough when you are a youngster at a club like Chelsea but there is always hoope, Bertrand is showing that and there are decent ones coming through as we have already mentioned. However with Josh he will be 20 next year and not sure if the manager thinks he will be good enough and may have to move on to pastures new

Allow me to explain.

Not at all, McEachran didn't play for Swansea because he wasn't physicall, i suggest you watch more games and look at other fans opinions, i was even on the Swansea forum afterwards to discuss with them about him, they said he was great but lost them the game because he kept getting pushed off the ball.