Josh McEachran

Term-X

I thought I'd move the discussion here:

Where else will he be able to play then?I thought he could get the Lamaprd kind of role.

Although I am not totally convinced that Josh can't operate in the double pivot role along side a more defensive-minded midfielder, I believe that his best place to utilize his strengths is a bit further up the field in the CAM position. But I don't see that happening with the players we currently have in that role.

I thought I'd move the discussion here:

Although I am not totally convinced that Josh can't operate in the double pivot role along side a more defensive-minded midfielder, I believe that his best place to utilize his strengths is a bit further up the field in the CAM position. But I don't see that happening with the players we currently have in that role.

True,that's why I thought of him in the double pivot role as he has no other option.Maybe we could field him against some weaker oppositions or bring him on when we have a commanding lead in the game.

True,that's why I thought of him in the double pivot role as he has no other option.Maybe we could field him against some weaker oppositions or bring him on when we have a commanding lead in the game.

In truth he is most suitable for 4-3-3 because that gives him more freedom in the middle as well as more defensive cover with two other CMs beside him. You can see how comfortable he is in the games he played in the Carling cup.

In truth he is most suitable for 4-3-3 because that gives him more freedom in the middle as well as more defensive cover with two other CMs beside him. You can see how comfortable he is in the games he played in the Carling cup.

Indeed he is but if RDM chooses to stick with 4 2 3 1 then he has no other option but to play as a dm or else go out on another loan move to a premiership club.

Indeed he is but if RDM chooses to stick with 4 2 3 1 then he has no other option but to play as a dm or else go out on another loan move to a premiership club.

I think it all depends on pre-season for Josh. If he can impress, he'll stay.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2174500/Josh-McEachran-talks-Chelsea-future.html

Youngster Josh McEachran will hold talks with Di Matteo this week to discover whether he has a place in first-team plans at Stamford Bridge this season.

The highly-rated central midfielder, 19, who spent part of last season on loan at Swansea, is currently in Seattle for Chelsea’s US pre-season training camp.

He said: ‘I want to play as many games as I can for Chelsea this season. I’m a Chelsea player and I want to play for Chelsea. But if the manager wants to send me out on loan then that’s up to him at the end of the day.’

Despite his reputation as one of the best emerging English talents, Under 21 star McEachran managed just two starts for Swansea last season. And he admits he would want certain guarantees over his first-team chances if he is to be loaned out this summer.

‘Last season was frustrating because the whole reason I went to Swansea was to play games,’ he said. ‘In football there are always setbacks — it’s about how you deal with them.’

I think he has to be loaaned out. Doubt he will get a look in this season, since we have a stacked midfield. No point letting him sit on the bench all season IMO.

sadly I think youre right . I normally oppose loans but in this case I think its the best option for Josh . To get a better chance of more starts

I think the Championship would be a better option than the PL

Some good points and some bad points.

It might be worth a shot keeping him in the club if RDM genially will give him chances like he did with Ryan.

Otherwise best send him out on loan.

I thought he did very well last night. Always looked to get on the ball, always picking up clever positions, always looking to find a teammate. Ok the mistake was bad, but it is pre season and he is still a bit inexperienced when it comes to first team football. That being said, his 2 assists were very good and his all round game was impressive. Id love to see him given some chances to shine in midfield next season, if that isn't possible then I suppose a loan move wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but it is crucial that we pick a club for him that will give him regular first team football and one which suits the way he plays, preferably in the Premier League.

Some good points and some bad points.

It might be worth a shot keeping him in the club if RDM genially will give him chances like he did with Ryan.

Otherwise best send him out on loan.

Yeah its a tough one, he played well on the most part, but it is clear there are still a few people ahead of him in the pecking order. He can be a squad player and get a few minor games and of the bench appearences or go on loan... Personally i would rather see him go to a club and be thier "star", to give him some premier league experience, and more importantly lots of games this year. Rather that than keep him on the bench and hopefully he can start properly at chelsea next season.

If he had to go on loan, I'd love to see him go to a mid/upper table side that looks young and fresh. A team like Brighton, maybe. Otherwise, the Championship is plagued with archaic 4-4-2 tactics. Tbh, Swansea looked the perfect fit but their midfield had no space for a young player to rotate in.