Josh McEachran

Term-X

After they had signed Sigurdsson on loan I knew it would be a mistake to send Josh to Swansea when they had quite many midfielders already and with Sigurdsson it was just too much for McEachran to handle. I know it's no use saying this now but if even I could predict it before the transfer the question is why the fuck could Chelsea board not do the same?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Chelsea board didn't even notice that signing...

The Swansea manager said: “The loan move was more than just games for Josh. It was also about experiencing a new team, city and lifestyle.

“He was 18 when he came and it’s been great for his development. He admitted he was behind with his conditioning.

“He has fitted in quite easily and he respects how well the other players have been doing so it’s been very difficult.

“The balance in the midfield has been very good.

“Every player wants game-time but that can’t happen for everyone. But when he returns to Chelsea he will be better for his experience here.

“It doesn’t matter whether it is games or lifestyle, he will be a better player and person for that.”

I don't know but it seems to me that the loan move is all about experiencing a new team and nothing more. In other words, a massive waste of time.

If Josh were to come back, he'd do best to a bulk up a bit in order to make up for any shortcomings in his physical attributes, which I feel is the main reason why he's being denied more playing time.

I guess Swansea doesnt play him, because he will return to us and they would have to start over with new player there. But why the fuck did they wanted him than?

I thought Swansea would be best option aswell, the game they play fits perfectly to Josh, attacking, passing and controled football, no need to be strong somehow...But they fucked up. Blame our board? If swansea wanted him and surely offered some playing time, he should play then. I wouldnt refuse that offer aswell. Their midfield looks strong, but still he could play half hour each game as sub...Should go to Blackburn trying to save them from relegation with Hoilett...

Rodgers is just doing this to spite Chelsea. Get Josh back now.

I doubt that very much. Whilst I think this loan move has been a waste and most if us had hoped for a similar rise in the game that bolton got from studger, I don't believe for one minute that this is a spiteful move. More likely he has all his regulars playing good football and there genuinely isn't a place for him. Shame

What makes you say that?

He kept babbering on aout how he wanted him on loan so much (even saying he wanted to take him on loan in December), then signs Sigursso-whats his name just before the loan is completed meaning Josh had no chance off getting in the starting eleven. So Rodgers has been acting like a twat and the club were stupid to let the deal go through

Wonder how Josh feels. In his first interview after joining them he very clearly said that he expects to be starting most if not all games for Swansea. There's no way he would have made such a bold remark if he hadn't been told by Rodgers that that's what would happen

perhaps WE have hyped Josh too much.

But that's not the point, is it? ...Rodger's claimed he knew Josh as a player very well..so he obviously know what he's getting. Plus, he was clamoring for him to join.

Instead he goes from being backup for Chelsea to being backup for Swansea.

But that's not the point, is it? ...Rodger's claimed he knew Josh as a player very well..so he obviously know what he's getting. Plus, he was clamoring for him to join.

Instead he goes from being backup for Chelsea to being backup for Swansea.

and when Josh is there ,,,he isn't worth his place . The minutes I saw of him he looked less than average

• 2 weeks later...

I'm worried about repressing his attacking instincts because I'm pretty sure the mantra on him is to keep him in the box-to-box/deep-lying position. Guys like Mata & Silva show you don't have to be the biggest guy to play in the attacking position, albeit he does need to show more strength on the ball. He's still young so nothing to worry about immediately, but there was a time where Jack Rodwell claimed McEachran was better than Henderson. The latter shone at Sunderland because he had a platform there, but McEachran doesn't. Not here, not at Swansea. I don't know where..