Josh McEachran

Term-X

One thing that annoys about this whole loan thingy is the Swansea fans' arrogant behavior whenever they comment on Josh. I know they have done well with the likes of Britton, Allen etc in their midfield but they are acting like pricks towards him and thinking their players are all major world beaters!

One thing that annoys about this whole loan thingy is the Swansea fans' arrogant behavior whenever they comment on Josh. I know they have done well with the likes of Britton, Allen etc in their midfield but they are acting like pricks towards him and thinking their players are all major world beaters!

I actually found the opinion of most swansea fans to be quite fair having watched Josh play for them. You can't expect Rogers to play him when they have better options available, it's our fault for loaning him to Swansea.

You can't expect Rogers to play him when they have better options available, it's our fault for loaning him to Swansea.

I did say that in the previous post and didn't we loan Josh out with the promise that he will get game time under Rodgers or is it all just because of him??

I actually found the opinion of most swansea fans to be quite fair having watched Josh play for them.

I have read comments from some who behaved like an absolute prick towards Josh.

I have read comments from some who behaved like an absolute prick towards Josh.

The comments I read mainly revolved about his physical presence and his lack of confidence which made him extremely reluctant to make forward passes. If you watch the matches he played, those remarks are spot-on.

The comments I read mainly revolved about his physical presence and his lack of confidence which made him extremely reluctant to make forward passes. If you watch the matches he played, those remarks are spot-on.

I know I know but as I said, it's just that the way they behaved towards, it smacks of arrogance and harshness towards Josh.

The overwhelming majority of the time, loan moves for our players is the kiss of death. We somehow always pick the wrong club to loan the player to, even if the player is exceptionally talented (McEachran, Kakuta) we will inevitably mess it up.

This loan move has been a complete bust, he would be better off sitting on our bench and playing reserve team football for us than sitting on the bench at Swansea.

I think it's safe to say we have reached a point when we should be placing the blame on the players, or rather our overblown confidence in their abilities/potential, instead of the loan itself. I'm beginning to lose count of the loans that seemed ideal both toevery single one of us and made sense football-wise but resulted in disappointment.

McEachran is barely 19, he still has around 3 years ahead of him before the club gives up on him.

well if he is not good enough to play for swansea regulary now, i dont expect hes good enough to play for chelsea next season...josh, lukaku, piazon,...and other youngsers have to play regulary for other teams (on loan) or slowly get into our team (each month a game, and then if they are proving good, more and more chances for them). If nothing of this happens, they will never be good enough for our team, whille sitting on the bench. eventualy we will offload them and they will shine for other clubs. like borini,...But i still have high hopes for these guys :getin:

well if he is not good enough to play for swansea regulary now, i dont expect hes good enough to play for chelsea next season...josh, lukaku, piazon,...and other youngsers have to play regulary for other teams (on loan) or slowly get into our team (each month a game, and then if they are proving good, more and more chances for them). If nothing of this happens, they will never be good enough for our team, whille sitting on the bench. eventualy we will offload them and they will shine for other clubs. like borini,...But i still have high hopes for these guys :getin:

Agreed there..

As for Josh, he might not be confident atm, he might not have the physical presence required to be an EPL midfielder just yet, but he's still only 19.

We should loan Josh to a Championship level side, he should be able to get some much needed game time with at least one of those clubs.