Josh McEachran

Term-X

tbh i am not that surprised by how his loan spell has went so far, first reason being Swansea signing of Gylfi Sigurdsson. He is a quality player and rated him for a while now. Second Josh has not played that much football this season, not for the senior squad or the Reserves for that matter. His fitness is nowhere near the level that it should at this stage of the season.

I blame AVB and the board, blame should not be placed on Rodgers or Josh.

• 2 weeks later...

He's not even on the bench for swansea today. We should just recall him.

Signed. What's the point of sending him on loan when he won't receive any playing time?! I know it's easy to say that afterwards but he should've added a clause which provides him a specific playing time. Swansea weren't the only team out there which wanted him. I say, play him either here at Chelsea next season. These loans just don't seem to work out for us. Tell him to put on some weight in the summer and let him gain as much Chelsea first team experience during the summer tour as possible and, FFS, use him when the season starts!

Hindsight much?

Got to admit, the decision to send him there wasn't bad. Give our youngster to a team managed by a former youth coach... a team that is screaming 'flowing, attacking football'? Yes please. Too bad that former youth coach is a boob.

Got to admit, the decision to send him there wasn't bad. Give our youngster to a team managed by a former youth coach... a team that is screaming 'flowing, attacking football'? Yes please. Too bad that former youth coach is a boob.

Id blame someone at our end not Swansea's

I can't see much wrong with what Brandon is doing, I'd expect the manager of any team I support to do the same. But can't also blame our board since I was also screaming for him to go to Swansea when there offers from other sides as well. I guess it just wasn't a "lucky" loan, as 90% of loans tend to be.

He had to choose between upsetting an established midfield and players he will have to work with in the future and forcing a kid that will be gone in May onto his team.

Maybe McEachran just didn't earn a chance.

Why did Rodgers want Josh then?

3-0 up, play Josh and rest one of your midfielders; it's simple.

After they had signed Sigurdsson on loan I knew it would be a mistake to send Josh to Swansea when they had quite many midfielders already and with Sigurdsson it was just too much for McEachran to handle. I know it's no use saying this now but if even I could predict it before the transfer the question is why the fuck could Chelsea board not do the same?