Josh McEachran

Term-X

Doesn't Dyer play on the right wing?

Yeah, Dyer being banned wouldn't make a difference. Routeledge(sp?) is probably second choice on the wing instead of Joe Allen or Britton. Doesn't change much for McEachran, except the fact that he might be first off the bench though.

He doesn't get many chances to play tbh. Whenever he play he was good so I don't understand why Rogers won't let him play at least 15-20min each game.

I'm not so sure about that. I watched every game Josh took part of, and in my honest opinion he was average at best. Like zolayes said on the previous page, he seemed too scared to make mistake whenever he played and ended up making back passes most of the time.

Keeping him on the bench all the time doesn't gonna help his confidence. It's 81' and 3-0 for Swansea, Rogers should finally make some subs.

e: Rogers made 3 subs in 90' but Josh wasn't among this players.

The way Swansea are playing it would be very difficult for ANYONE to force their way in ... For me they are the TEAM of the season...

for both their style of play and their results ... and their Manager must get manager of the year,,,oh thats booked for Arry of course

Rodgers has abused his links with the club and the player to get himself a backup option.

sorry Jai ,,I dont see your reasoning . Josh was given subs time when he first arrived there and started in a cup game . He has to prove he

is worth his place . Kakuta had the same problem before his current spell in Dijon ...If I was Rodgers I wouldn't be starting Josh

sorry Jai ,,I dont see your reasoning . Josh was given subs time when he first arrived there and started in a cup game . He has to prove he

is worth his place . Kakuta had the same problem before his current spell in Dijon ...If I was Rodgers I wouldn't be starting Josh

At the end of the day, from our perspective, our most promising youngster has ended up swapping our bench for Swansea's. After signing there Josh went on record to say that he expects to start most games till the season's end. I don't think he would make such a claim if he wasn't led to believe so by Rodgers. Rodgers would have been the clinching factor for Swansea in getting Josh, there were others like Villa who were interested as well.

Rogers is under no obligation to play McEachran. Swansea fans have said McEachran hasn't really done much when he's come on and they would be the best to judge at the moment. What's important, for me, is Rogers is helping the boy progress in training. Rogers has Swansea's midfield playing superbly and I can only hope he's teaching McEachran how to play as Allen & co do.. This will be better in the long-term, so let's wait and see?

Rogers is under no obligation to play McEachran. Swansea fans have said McEachran hasn't really done much when he's come on and they would be the best to judge at the moment. What's important, for me, is Rogers is helping the boy progress in training. Rogers has Swansea's midfield playing superbly and I can only hope he's teaching McEachran how to play as Allen & co do.. This will be better in the long-term, so let's wait and see?

On-pitch minutes > training, isn't that why they're sent on loan? Even assuming that he's training him their way, it's no use to us. Surely keeping him here, training with the Chelsea squad is the more feasible way to ingrain in him what's expected from a Chelsea midfielder, right? I'm not bothered about whether Rodgers is obliged to play him or not, my simple concern is about Josh getting what he was sent out to get - minutes. We complain (rightly so) when PvA and Kakuta don't get any action at Wigan and Fulham, why any different with Josh?

On-pitch minutes > training, isn't that why they're sent on loan? Even assuming that he's training him their way, it's no use to us. Surely keeping him here, training with the Chelsea squad is the more feasible way to ingrain in him what's expected forma Chelsea midfielder, right? I'm not bothered about whether Rodgers is obliged to play him or not, my simple concern is about Josh getting what he was sent out to get - minutes. We complain (rightly so) when PvA and Kakuta don't get any action at Wigan and Fulham, why any different with Josh?

Perhaps the problem lays with Josh though, as it did with Kakuta.. Or perhaps it's the usual Chelsea-loan-curse :lol:

"careful what you wish for" is perhaps the moral here. Anyway there's still a while to go till the end of the season, once Swansea are assured of safety maybe we will see more of the kid.

On-pitch minutes > training, isn't that why they're sent on loan? Even assuming that he's training him their way, it's no use to us. Surely keeping him here, training with the Chelsea squad is the more feasible way to ingrain in him what's expected forma Chelsea midfielder, right? I'm not bothered about whether Rodgers is obliged to play him or not, my simple concern is about Josh getting what he was sent out to get - minutes. We complain (rightly so) when PvA and Kakuta don't get any action at Wigan and Fulham, why any different with Josh?

No difference ...I have always said LOANS are a Fucking mistake ....rarely work ... Cue for everyone to shout Bolton and Danny