Josh McEachran

Term-X

Well it seems we severely overhyped him if he plays even less at Swansea.

Or the fact it is very diffucult to break into a team with a very good midfield. Also Josh has not played many games this season, he is in august- september fitness rather then late season. He didn't play much for the Reserves either.

Lets not forget Gylfi Siguosson presence either, he was signed because of AVB indecisiveness. He is very gifted player and who i have rated for a while. He is better then Josh atm and in better fitness.

I'm worried about repressing his attacking instincts because I'm pretty sure the mantra on him is to keep him in the box-to-box/deep-lying position. Guys like Mata & Silva show you don't have to be the biggest guy to play in the attacking position, albeit he does need to show more strength on the ball. He's still young so nothing to worry about immediately, but there was a time where Jack Rodwell claimed McEachran was better than Henderson. The latter shone at Sunderland because he had a platform there, but McEachran doesn't. Not here, not at Swansea. I don't know where..

For me Josh best position is the Lampard role in our traditional 4-3-3. He is not a #10, he is more like Iniesta and Xavi rather Silva and Mata.

The reason why I think the Swansea move was bad is that....we don't play like Swansea. What he really needs (if he's going to help us) if for Frank to mentor him on how to be EFFICIENT. I'm just afraid he'll turn into a mikelish player. When he decides to go forward his vision/passing is almost unrivaled in the PL. but from what I've seen lately the times he has decided to go forward are too spread out. Not to mention when he was at Chelsea on the first team, it looked almost impossible to get the ball off of him. Kid has loads of potential and I expect ROBBIE to do the right thing!

In hindsight we agree it was a bad loan, but when the deal was announced and even before that, we also agreed that it was the best option for him. Unpredictability is a major factor in football. This time unfortunately we fell on the bad side of it.

Lets be honest, we have over hyped him imo. He can still make it though, we just need to be careful in what we do next season.

How have we?, his vision and passing is like no other for his age. It's unbelievable, he played Danny Graham a through ball and sent him on a one on one from the halfway line. Unbelievable player, and needs to play more.

I wont have that he's not good enough i just wont. He's not playing for Swansea because phsyically he's not there, he got pushed off the ball too many times against Norwich. Who are also a phsyical team in the premier league, i even talked with this to Swansea fans on there forum.

How have we?, his vision and passing is like no other for his age. It's unbelievable, he played Danny Graham a through ball and sent him on a one on one from the halfway line. Unbelievable player, and needs to play more.

I wont have that he's not good enough i just wont. He's not playing for Swansea because phsyically he's not there, he got pushed off the ball too many times against Norwich. Who are also a phsyical team in the premier league, i even talked with this to Swansea fans on there forum.

Yes we have. I've heard people called him the English Xavi.... he is good for his age but hes not "the English Xavi" or even the English Iniesta for that matter.

Yes we have. I've heard people called him the English Xavi.... he is good for his age but hes not "the English Xavi" or even the English Iniesta for that matter.

Xavi wouldn't be as good in the Premier League just saying, let him grow first, McEachran has a lot to come. I have never ever seen a young player who has come out to be a fantastic playmaker be as good as McEachran at his age.

Xavi wouldn't be as good in the Premier League just saying, let him grow first, McEachran has a lot to come. I have never ever seen a young player who has come out to be a fantastic playmaker be as good as McEachran at his age.

I think he has been over hyped, not by you specifically but by a lot of Chelsea fans who said he should be starting ahead of Lamps at the start of this season and that he should be used as our main creative midfielder etc. He does have potential just not the potential to dislodge someone like Lamps, Meireles or Mata from the attacking midfield position.

I think he has been over hyped, not by you specifically but by a lot of Chelsea fans who said he should be starting ahead of Lamps at the start of this season and that he should be used as our main creative midfielder etc. He does have potential just not the potential to dislodge someone like Lamps, Meireles or Mata from the attacking midfield position.

So is every youth player really.

Look at that Ryan Tunnicliffe for Man U, everyone was saying the next Scholes etc, and look at him now he hasn't done anything.

So is every youth player really.

Look at that Ryan Tunnicliffe for Man U, everyone was saying the next Scholes etc, and look at him now he hasn't done anything.

Isn't he not rotting away at Preston now?

Isn't he not rotting away at Preston now?

I don't know but he was highly hyped and he did nothing, at least McEachran has shown something, hes far too good for reserves. And believe me when i say this, i wouldn't even say he couldn't be a new Xavi at Chelsea, probably not and i shouldn't put that pressure on him but i wouldn't say he couldn't because heck his vision and passing at the moment is immense.